3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

What will be the new small currency now that wergalis are doomed? Torstol potions? Zam brews?

It will probably be an item along those lines with little to no supply. The difference with Wergali's however is that the wergali potions actually had a lot of natural demand and these pots don't. But as seen with mint cakes; as long as the market picks them up they can go a long way.

Torstol potions are a viable possibility if there aren't any better items at hand.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the new currency won't be a potion (unf) in my opinion. Tough the Torstol (unf) could be perfect. But torstol (unf) potions have 0 usage, seeing torstol is only used for overloads and not to be made into a potion itself. I don't think this is highly valued in certain groups. (all high levels?)

I could think of mature beers getting popular! Requires the stuff and you can only make 8 every 48 hours or so. (and even less then those!)

Different mature beers or 1 certain.. My best bet!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Well, the new currency won't be a potion (unf) in my opinion. Tough the Torstol (unf) could be perfect. But torstol (unf) potions have 0 usage, seeing torstol is only used for overloads and not to be made into a potion itself. I don't think this is highly valued in certain groups. (all high levels?)

I could think of mature beers getting popular! Requires the stuff and you can only make 8 every 48 hours or so. (and even less then those!)

Different mature beers or 1 certain.. My best bet!

If memory serves, torstol make zam brews. Remember torstols were not added to the game with the update for overloads like wergali were for fletching potions.

EDIT: It looks like the falling wergali price is making crowns spike up for some reason...at least temporarily.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Bob shirts are the closest thing there is to a replacement for werg unf right now... however I think this is [bleep]ing stupid.

The reasons crowns shot up is because no one wants werg unfs.

The currency is kingly imp jars

Bob shirts are the closest thing there is to a replacement for werg unf right now... however I think this is [bleep]ing stupid.

The currency is kingly imp jars

GE graph says it's not. Kinglies have 0 street. This isn't RSOF, no need to try to manipulate prices lol, no one is stupid enough to believe you. Crowns have street, but are too much to be considered small enough for small trades.

New item should be compost potion.

I think this is a good idea, but it depends on how hard it is to acquire them. I wouldn't know since I've never played vinesweeper and don't know how many points you can get per hour.

I wouldn't mind though. If they will become the new currency there will be coming a lot more of those into the game and even if they don't have any street value, they are great to have. I always keep a few of them in my bank, because they can make instant supercompost in bins if you combine them with the compost mound.

As for torstol pots; the fact that they don't have a use doesn't really matter. It's more important that there is no supply of them. At least, I don't think people will make torstol pots (unf) just to sell them on the GE and lose 25k a pot. As long as the supply is close to none, the can be bought out easily and be given a use (the price rise). Remember that mint cakes were the currency for a long time, and those had even less use than torstol pots.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

So what are Bob shirts street wise? I've still got 2 from Treasure trails that I did i think.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

it's a miracle wergalis lasted so long, especially after seeds got a ton easier to get with the scroll of life through dungeoneering (in effect needing less to get more).

mature beers were attempted as currency right before the mint change, but the supply wasn't large enough for them to work. cooking them is also too easy.

I would have considered blood talismans an alternative for a currency, if it weren't for their changed drop rate from cremating vyrewatch. they could still be viable though

I don't really consider bob shirts a viable alternative, as the release of the thieving guild makes pickpocketing lvl 1 clues from HAM so ridiculously easy. they also have no use: any other t1 treasure trail item could be used instead.

There aren't really many alternatives that are similar to werg unfs: useful but underpriced, scarce but not rare. Treasure trail items would be ideal, if they were useful. Purple sweets were currency waaay back, before the agility energy update.

( why doesn't your street price calculators have santas in them, but all the other D/C items? )

New item should be compost potion.

I think this is a good idea, but it depends on how hard it is to acquire them. I wouldn't know since I've never played vinesweeper and don't know how many points you can get per hour.

I wouldn't mind though. If they will become the new currency there will be coming a lot more of those into the game and even if they don't have any street value, they are great to have. I always keep a few of them in my bank, because they can make instant supercompost in bins if you combine them with the compost mound.

As for torstol pots; the fact that they don't have a use doesn't really matter. It's more important that there is no supply of them. At least, I don't think people will make torstol pots (unf) just to sell them on the GE and lose 25k a pot. As long as the supply is close to none, the can be bought out easily and be given a use (the price rise). Remember that mint cakes were the currency for a long time, and those had even less use than torstol pots.

Tbh a compost potion costs 5k points.

With 5k points you can buy 70+ limpwurt seeds, which is worth over 50k.

This minigame earns no xp and is very boring, you get points 1 at a time. Hehehe.

You also get one from guarden of tranquility as reward, many have dropped it or sold it. They're currently extremely rare.

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

how long do you think the compost potion could work as currency though, before its "currency-value" due to scarcity is made up by its uselessness and more people playing the game?

stable currency needs to have a future, or permanent scarcity, yet reasonable availability. It also needs to have a use, and once the compost potion has a street value of more than its useful value (in producing compost) it's on the road to decline because it is by definition over-priced.

onyx' have a use. onyx rings have a use, furys have a use: these are good currency, but too expensive. Rings of stone: retired, underrated due to their increasing scarcity.

what other options are there, really?

Well 1 compost potion can be turned into 60 supercomposts in 2 minutes. that's 30k/min and a potion is only 3k.

With a compost mound, instantly fill a compost bin with the spec, pour a dose of compost pot to make the bin become supercompost, and you get 15 supercomposts per dose.

Holders of compost pots may decide to cash them into supercomposts for real profit instead too.

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Santas are buyable just above med price.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Gah I want an Elysian shield, that teal colour is amazingly epic. Suppose I'll have to camp at abby demons for a year -_-

Anyways on topic... the rare prices atm are rediculous. They shouldn't be rising at such a fast pace either, I expected santas to be around 100M in a year or two, not a few months. What is going on?

Also if any new items are to become the next valuable thing to add to big purchases, I'd assume they'd be animal masks again, after all they were the first set of items to create the invisible price tags or "street prices" as they're called today. Either that or 3rd age, because it's not exactly like someone can just say, hmmm, I want to get myself some 3rd age today. Oh wait, that could take years, oh well, I'll just buy it. Oh darn, everyone's holding onto it, gosh, guess I can't get any 3rd age then. 3rd age has the potential to wipe the floor with all these weird items like clay partyhats (royal crowns) and their rediculous street prices.

It is only a matter of time before the clay partyhats are not wanted, then another item will take its place. It's getting out of hand IMO, comparable to the merchanting clans that's are taking over items these days. But what could possibly be changed to resolve 'street' prices? Pretty much nothing o_O

2vuhgcn.png

My santa sold for max instantly.

Could anyone confirm this? Are they still max GE?

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

My santa sold for max instantly.

Could anyone confirm this? Are they still max GE?

Here a picture.

new-bitmap-image.png

I've been trying to buy it back at max since then and still haven't gotten one.

So much for them buying above med...

yeah, i posted the apparent 102,8m as an indicator that they were soon going to be bought out again, sorry for not specifying that.

anyway, crowns are still going for 3-5k unfs in w2. doesn't seem wergs are dead after all, as crowns still seem to work at least with masks/ santas. did we write off unfs too fast (they don't have a long-time future, but decent at the time)?

And Wergs still have some time left, but very little, so I wouldn't get them if you plan on keeping them for a few days/weeks, but if you're using them for trades on a daily basis they are still viable I guess.

EDIT: Santa's just updated again, this is like the 5th updat in a row. Does anyone think they're going to be bought out more and are safe from big crashes, aside from the 1 or 2 day dips?

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

EDIT: Santa's just updated again, this is like the 5th updat in a row. Does anyone think they're going to be bought out more and are safe from big crashes, aside from the 1 or 2 day dips?

I think they'll keep rising unless a new money sink is introduced into the game.

They might fall a bit at the end of July because of the begining of the summer holidays, but I am no expert what-so-ever.

the ease of merchanting on the ge pretty much dictates that more and more solo merchantmen want rares, or need rares as their cash piles can't be flipped every day due to 10 item limits on the expensive items. as they don't consistently have street value, santas and other rares on the edge of being bought out / being buyable are good items to short term / flip when you're camping ge updates anyway. the rares economy is becoming more and more a closed market within the merchanting community. I don't see a money-sink changing that particularly either: 1-2% profit flipping every day means you can invest in the money sinking activity, unless it's crazily expensive, and at the same time get your increased amounts of rares / cash.

there are simply many successful merchantmen, merchanting is easy and few rares to go around.

EDIT: I've just had an offer of egg for santa + junk. 3 times in 20 mins in world 2. I only had cash, but wanted to control the legitimacy of the offers. they all accepted 2nd trade screen, although i chickened out, cause i didn't have junk.

would you trade a santa + junk for an egg atm?