3rd Age/Spirit shields/Phats Discussion

bedman

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if they rebound now, I don't think they will keep rising at this rate. I mean, it's freaking insane right now. "Average people" with 200m or something and who happened to have bought a couple of santa's one year ago are suddenly becoming billionairs. It's a slap in the face for people without them who are monster hunting or flipping for a "measly hundred mill".

Or you can just not give a rats-[wagon] about how rich others are.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I haven't really been following the market, but when i sold up in November 09 j invested all my cash in 3 santas. From the thread i guess they 'crashed' today, but that wont go on for more than a few days.

I've always wanted a partyhat, but never been in the position to even start to look at getting one. However i've looked at the graphs and my 3 santas should be worth more than enough to buy a lower valued partyhat in about a month.

Thing is, what's the street price for a purple? And likewise, for a santa? (As of yesterday...)

If santas keep rising at the rate they were, would anyone trade a purple and cash/junk for my 3 santas? Thoughts? Or am i just being stupid and hopeful?

Cheers

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

You have no were near enough.

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

I haven't really been following the market, but when i sold up in November 09 j invested all my cash in 3 santas. From the thread i guess they 'crashed' today, but that wont go on for more than a few days.

I've always wanted a partyhat, but never been in the position to even start to look at getting one. However i've looked at the graphs and my 3 santas should be worth more than enough to buy a lower valued partyhat in about a month.

Thing is, what's the street price for a purple? And likewise, for a santa? (As of yesterday...)

If santas keep rising at the rate they were, would anyone trade a purple and cash/junk for my 3 santas? Thoughts? Or am i just being stupid and hopeful?

Cheers

3-4 red masks is a purple, so you're not real close

clansig7.gif

Maybe close enough to afford the GE price... lol. A Purple is going for around 1b right now, their street was manipulated up a few hundred mil. You'll need around 10 santas to trade for purple + junk.

Purple has a street value of about 650m over GE price. Santa had a street of about 40m over trade price. You'd need like 15-16 santas to trade for purple + cash, but you will never find a seller of purple with that much cash.

You aren't even close, unfortunately. And at least I wouldn't consider trading a partyhat for any number of santas.

Edit: Easily 5+ santas for red h'ween + cash.

Cheers

Idk about purples, but the street of santas was very instable before this dip. It was santa + 20m/30m junk for pure cash, but their street went up to 2 crowns+cash for a santa just before last night.

I just checked in W2 and the damage to santas doesn't seem too bad. There are more people trying to buy them(with some junk that is) than there are people selling them atm. They'll probably see either a slight rise or dip of 200-300k like last time and maybe a bigger fall than that on the update after that, but I'd think they'll go back up after that. Probably because they seem to be still sellable on the GE, so their street price isn't down by a lot.

nekusig2fcopy.jpg

There are three sides to every story: There's one side, there's the other, and there's the truth.

Even if they rebound now, I don't think they will keep rising at this rate. I mean, it's freaking insane right now. "Average people" with 200m or something and who happened to have bought a couple of santa's one year ago are suddenly becoming billionairs. It's a slap in the face for people without them who are monster hunting or flipping for a "measly hundred mill".

Or you can just not give a rats-[wagon] about how rich others are.

It's not like I personally care that much, I made quite a bit of it myself, it's just pretty insane pretty insane when you think about it. I mean, people who just buy 10 santa's and do nothing make more than people doing monster hunting and getting 2 claw drops a month. (ps: I only got 1 claw drop ever myself, so don't call me the frustrated monster hunter).

ATM it seems like people are buying santas just because they keep rising indefinitely extremely quickly that its gotten to a point where they're all hoarded by active random people who would sell theirs if santas kept dropping (ex; 100 santas bought by a large number of random people, they drop 5m.. then 10m.. until they reach a point where they don't think they're going back up again and they sell their santas too, making it go on.)

ATM it seems like people are buying santas just because they keep rising indefinitely extremely quickly that its gotten to a point where they're all hoarded by active random people who would sell theirs if santas kept dropping (ex; 100 santas bought by a large number of random people, they drop 5m.. then 10m.. until they reach a point where they don't think they're going back up again and they sell their santas too, making it go on.)

Seems quite true. I personally don't see santa's as a "keeper" too, because they mostly are pretty easy to get, even when they are bought out. (so I'd rather sell, wait a while and rebuy).

If anyone is curious about when Santa's / rares will start ''dropping'' (not going up so fast), just check the GE charts for the high priced useful items. ;) For some little to no obvious reason all those prices are dropping and all rares are going way up. Personally, I see a close connection between these.

My adjucated guess will be that monsterhunting just isn't worth it once you can have a rare. Doing trips every day and getting the casual coinshare just doesn't compete with the rise in rares. Therefor I think lots of people sell their expensive items, buy rares and go do other stuff in the meanwhile. Meaning the prices of GWD items drop even more. DFS is ofcourse stable as the supply doesn't come from monsterhunting ;)

This rise can go on for quite some time till the next real boss is released I think. Buying a rare is a perfectly safe investment for these months I think. (But then again, I am no merchant :blink: )

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

it's not often you see 4 partyhats update in the same update. I'd say the market is pretty active at the moment (also going by the graphs of most rares updating more frequently than previously). either people are coming back for the summer, selling their rares for profit without bothering with junk trades, or we're just seeing the results of flippers exponentially gaining more wealth as each day goes by.

santa situation: just went around with a santa in world 2, second screen accepted for cash + 3k wergs. If you want to do something with a santa, w2 is going to be fun around update times, if you enjoy the actual merchanting rather than the money. w2 santas is in a strange state post-update. i know i'm gonna try to be there for most of the updates. who knows, might actually do a santa deal, although that's not the reason i bought.

next month or so seems to be interesting, we'll see how it turns out :D

Not too much on-topic but ..http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Leather_cowl/viewitem.ws?obj=1167I want to meet the guy who managed to do it! ... How much cowls do you need to buy until you reach the point to raise their price o.O

It won't be a guy, it will be a merchant clan ;)

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Not too much on-topic but ..http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Leather_cowl/viewitem.ws?obj=1167I want to meet the guy who managed to do it! ... How much cowls do you need to buy until you reach the point to raise their price o.O

It won't be a guy, it will be a merchant clan ;)

I refuse to believe that more than one man did this .. you'd need few insane people to form a clan .. and the insanity scale on this one is big .. they are trying to make it junk ?

Didn't artemis do that to mith boots? I thought I saw a picture of him with over 200k of them.

Stonewall337.png

leather cowls are very limited in their supply: loss of money to make, better crafting exp from higher stuff. I think you could buyout pretty easy.

loads of people trying to trade easters for santas, or a crown for 2 santas in w2 today. that suggests santas continuing to rise, more so than easters.

unfs are still the prevalent currency on w2, bobs and crowns in a secondary, rarer position . unfs going for about 10-12k ea, leaving them unchanged for about a week.

FairTraders.net Grand Exchange Update Notifier

This is my next web development project. Right now after testing it seems to be fully functional, however I'll admit it is a bit slow right now (testing for a week has shown a 1-3 minute delay, and 1 minute or so less on the members due to faster interval requests). Unfortunately CRON only allows for execution of PHP page checking script I made every minute (however I made the script so it checks every 30 seconds within itself). Then there's the delay of AJAX calls from the webpage to my server.

If the traffic from this location remains low on the guest views (I'm only pulling maybe 3MB/hr from Jagex - which is minimal because most users browsing the website would use that in a few minutes from all of the images loading), I'll first try speeding the CRON PHP job and AJAX calls up.

Anyway... it's free, and there's nothing to download, so enjoy. :)

It's not going to snipe you partyhats but if you're in the market for masks, santas, third age, and etc this can help you out for now!

(If you try out and get any bugs like false alarms, please let me know ASAP!! I've tested it out and am pretty sure that has been removed, but one debugger can't be entirely sure! Oh if anyone is good at finding patterns given a random set of numbers, let me know! I'm logging every single update interval to see if there is any predictable pattern. Though... Jagex could have done a very lazy "update once anywhere from 0-24 and repeat" so there may not be any - but it would be great if there was!)

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

FairTraders.net Grand Exchange Update Notifier

This is my next web development project. Right now after testing it seems to be fully functional, however I'll admit it is a bit slow right now (testing for a week has shown a 1-3 minute delay, and 1 minute or so less on the members due to faster interval requests). Unfortunately CRON only allows for execution of PHP page checking script I made every minute (however I made the script so it checks every 30 seconds within itself). Then there's the delay of AJAX calls from the webpage to my server.

If the traffic from this location remains low on the guest views (I'm only pulling maybe 3MB/hr from Jagex - which is minimal because most users browsing the website would use that in a few minutes from all of the images loading), I'll first try speeding the CRON PHP job and AJAX calls up.

Anyway... it's free, and there's nothing to download, so enjoy. :)

It's not going to snipe you partyhats but if you're in the market for masks, santas, third age, and etc this can help you out for now!

(If you try out and get any bugs like false alarms, please let me know ASAP!! I've tested it out and am pretty sure that has been removed, but one debugger can't be entirely sure! Oh if anyone is good at finding patterns given a random set of numbers, let me know! I'm logging every single update interval to see if there is any predictable pattern. Though... Jagex could have done a very lazy "update once anywhere from 0-24 and repeat" so there may not be any - but it would be great if there was!)

Not sure if i'm allowed to name websites, but if you go to www.geupdate.com you can see when the ge last updated. It can even send you a message to your email right when the ge updates.

If websites aren't allowed I could edit this post immediately.

Except mine checks just as quickly as their premium and sends emails for free. ;)

I just don't have any of their more advanced features yet (custom item tracking for example) but it's all coming, and more.

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Not too much on-topic but ..

http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/Leather_cowl/viewitem.ws?obj=1167

I want to meet the guy who managed to do it! ... How much cowls do you need to buy until you reach the point to raise their price o.O

Feather headdresses are the best craft xp/gp

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

If you did text messaging, I'd use it. Any chance you can do that?

I've been looking into that, but I can't assure something like this would work for everyone. I've found some examples online that do this through PHP, though people have reported it may or may or not work depending on your country of residence, and mobile carrier.

But it is something I'm looking into right now, and could be functional a week from now.

ftsig.png