~~Newer Bank Of Runescape~~ **Updated again 05/15/09**

Thagern

Yep... Here ya go... bankoptions2ft5.png

You might have to clean up on the space that this one saves, but Im sure you'll manage

And thanks, a lot of time went into making all the pictures and working out the bugs but you probably know how that is :lol: Mine is just so new and I have written a lot about it some people get discouraged from reading it, so they dont, and it falls down because I dont have enough supporters and bumpers. But oh well...

Best of luck,

~Chew

I found way to make people read, in my first few versions, i had the most important text points in the picture, then when they saw the picture, they automatically read the important text parts.

Also, in your title say **WITH PICTURES** i had that for the first 2 months, and... it seem'd to work.

Good luck

(i'll put that pic up tomorrow, sleepy time now :( )

Edit: ask a mod if you could put it in the clans forum, you'd get a ton of support there

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, very nice idea. Would be such a huge improvement. However, I much preferred the last version. Customizable text tabs and the more compact, clean design appealed more to me. The picture tabs would cause the same problem for me as the bank does now. I'd look right past the picture I was looking for. I like to read the text. I like the new "bin" option to drop an item at your feet, but I also liked the old "bin" that stored items until you sorted them. I'd just call the new one "Drop." I'm also not too keen on the charity idea. The ability to set your withdraw amounts was also awesome. I didn't see taht feature in this version. Duno. Either way, send this to Jagex if you haven't already. They probably won't do a thing about it, but with the huge following you've got...

Here's your mini survey:

- Like the pictures, or prefer text. Text.

- Icons to small/big. Just fine.

- Don't like the layout/love the layout. Great, but I liked the old one much better.

You might have to clean up on the space that this one saves, but Im sure you'll manage

And thanks, a lot of time went into making all the pictures and working out the bugs but you probably know how that is :lol: Mine is just so new and I have written a lot about it some people get discouraged from reading it, so they dont, and it falls down because I dont have enough supporters and bumpers. But oh well...

Best of luck,

~Chew

I found way to make people read, in my first few versions, i had the most important text points in the picture, then when they saw the picture, they automatically read the important text parts.

Also, in your title say **WITH PICTURES** i had that for the first 2 months, and... it seem'd to work.

Good luck

Edit: ask a mod if you could put it in the clans forum, you'd get a ton of support there

But its not really something that should be in the clan topic, maybe a link from there, but I think the actual post should be in the Suggestion forums, seeing as it is a suggestion to runescape. I guess it could fit into both, but I just feel it should be in suggestions... And my topic name is "In-Game Clans *pics*" I dunno... any other ideas?

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

I have seen a fair few ideas in my time but I can easily say that this is the best by a long, long way, I support, this idea is fantastically thought through, described and the pics are clear and awesome. This will sort my whole spending half my time online sifting thru my bank problem aswell.... jagex must do this.... or they will be forever remembered by the plumber of pain as noobificated :P

P.S yeah i know I talked about myself in the third person..... what you gonna do about it? lol

~the plumber of pain~

~currently - training range (when i'm online)~

[heres my 99 mage vid!

summoning charm guide: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5641302#5641302

I support, but some things I wanna clarify on.

With the tabs, I liked how you could rename them and stuff, and I'm not saying I liked them more than this (because I don't) but maybe you should be able to choose between image tabs and word tabs, or when you first encounter the new bank page you could edit the tabs image, and text. The text would hover over the button, like say you have the mage image, and for text you write "Magic Equipment"? The words "Magic Equipment" would hover over the tab much like everything else in RuneScape. It would make things alot easier to understand, but here's a unique idea.

How about the ability to upload your own pictures (either a limit set as 32x32 or whatever the size of those RuneScape tab pics are or automatic resizing) to use for the tabs? I mean, it's not like it would happen to everyone else because it's YOUR account, but understanding the limitations of Java, I wouldn't expect it, but that would be kinda cool...

Jagex would probably edit the pics anyway so they would look more "useful" or something... I dunno.

BUT YEAH COOL IDEA I TOTALLY SUPPORT

Best of luck,

~Chew

Good luck

But its not really something that should be in the clan topic, maybe a link from there, but I think the actual post should be in the Suggestion forums, seeing as it is a suggestion to runescape. I guess it could fit into both, but I just feel it should be in suggestions... And my topic name is "In-Game Clans *pics*" I dunno... any other ideas?

If you keep at it, it'll get more supporters, i think victor was having the same problem with his friends update, but now i don't think he even checks it :) :lol:

With the tabs, I liked how you could rename them and stuff, and I'm not saying I liked them more than this (because I don't) but maybe you should be able to choose between image tabs and word tabs, or when you first encounter the new bank page you could edit the tabs image, and text. The text would hover over the button, like say you have the mage image, and for text you write "Magic Equipment"? The words "Magic Equipment" would hover over the tab much like everything else in RuneScape. It would make things alot easier to understand, but here's a unique idea.

How about the ability to upload your own pictures (either a limit set as 32x32 or whatever the size of those RuneScape tab pics are or automatic resizing) to use for the tabs? I mean, it's not like it would happen to everyone else because it's YOUR account, but understanding the limitations of Java, I wouldn't expect it, but that would be kinda cool...

Jagex would probably edit the pics anyway so they would look more "useful" or something... I dunno.

I'll keep fiddling, so... you would like, like a hover menu, like i have on the buttons, for the tabs? sounds reasonable.

Best of luck,

~Chew

Good luck

If you keep at it, it'll get more supporters, i think victor was having the same problem with his friends update, but now i don't think he even checks it :) :lol:

Thats what I want it to be... its just kinda frustrating... I want to see peoples actual opinions for it on making it better, and then send it to JaGex... but without feedback, how can it get better?

BTW,

I love how we're having a conversation while everyone else is just spamming around us :D

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

The following is my opinion and does not express the views of everyone, however I am entitled the right to my own opinion and you have the right to disagree with mine, but all the same here is my opinion!

Um Thagern I am going to be brutally honest the fact that you have made all the text into images will confuse newbs also I'm not found of it, also I see you have brought back old features which where just really whats the word ... awfull like the charity hall, to be quite honest I really wish you would change this (Finale Update) back to how it was before this because the current page is well ... um, can i be brutally honest,

I hate it however I loved the one before it so if you settle for this one plz make a button so you may change back to the normal bank because to be quite honest I would much rather use it than this.

I hope being a young adult/adult you will read my thoughts and honer my opinion and with my hopes consider my thoughts as I really cannot imagine being able to use this which to me looks atrocious.

R.I.P the older new bank page version.

Thanks

Lordofrah1

Plz look also at these previous posts of people with similar complaints!

Again, very nice idea. Would be such a huge improvement. However, I much preferred the last version. Customizable text tabs and the more compact, clean design appealed more to me. The picture tabs would cause the same problem for me as the bank does now. I'd look right past the picture I was looking for. I like to read the text. I like the new "bin" option to drop an item at your feet, but I also liked the old "bin" that stored items until you sorted them. I'd just call the new one "Drop." I'm also not too keen on the charity idea. The ability to set your withdraw amounts was also awesome. I didn't see taht feature in this version. Duno. Either way, send this to Jagex if you haven't already. They probably won't do a thing about it, but with the huge following you've got...

Here's your mini survey:

- Don't like the layout/love the layout. Great, but I liked the old one much better.

:evil:

Im not sure if i like your new idea or not yew:-k

I think i like the old layout more.... but the new one is compressed and smaller.... Tharagen - could u pm me your old post (in quote) and then your new one.... i just want to compare... give you some idea on my pros/cons

Also may I request a copy of your previous post containing the last version of the bank!

Also I hope the large amount of support I have compiled is enough to convince you that I am very, very content on liking the last layout better and i will not rest until this, rather ugly in my opinion and several other peoples, bank gets put to rest for good.

Here's your mini survey:

- Like the pictures, or prefer text. Text!

- Icons to small/big. Well to start off I don't like the icons in the first place but otherwise fine.

- Don't like the layout/love the layout. In my opinion which I am entitled as a citizen of the U.S.A I hate it, but I liked the old one much better.

The following is my opinion and does not express the views of everyone, however I am entitled the right to my own opinion and you have the right to disagree with mine, but all the same here is my opinion!

Um Thagern I am going to be brutally honest the fact that you have made all the text into images will confuse newbs also I'm not found of it, also I see you have brought back old features which where just really whats the word ... awfull like the charity hall, to be quite honest I really wish you would change this (Finale Update) back to how it was before this because the current page is well ... um, can i be brutally honest,

I hate it however I loved the one before it so if you settle for this one plz make a button so you may change back to the normal bank because to be quite honest I would much rather use it than this.

I hope being a young adult/adult you will read my thoughts and honer my opinion and with my hopes consider my thoughts as I really cannot imagine being able to use this which to me looks atrocious.

R.I.P the older new bank page version.

Thanks

Lordofrah1

Plz look also at these previous posts of people with similar complaints!

Here's your mini survey:

:evil:

Im not sure if i like your new idea or not yew:-k

I think i like the old layout more.... but the new one is compressed and smaller.... Tharagen - could u pm me your old post (in quote) and then your new one.... i just want to compare... give you some idea on my pros/cons

Also may I request a copy of your previous post containing the last version of the bank!

Also I hope the large amount of support I have compiled is enough to convince you that I am very, very content on liking the last layout better and i will not rest until this, rather ugly in my opinion and several other peoples, bank gets put to rest for good.

Here's your mini survey:

- Like the pictures, or prefer text. Text!

- Icons to small/big. Well to start off I don't like the icons in the first place but otherwise fine.

- Don't like the layout/love the layout. In my opinion which I am entitled as a citizen of the U.S.A I hate it, but I liked the old one much better.

I have no problem with you expressing your opinion, and i plan on making some changes to the bank page again. If you read this, do you prefer having the options on the sides of the bank? Again, i have no problem with you expressing your opinion, what makes you think i do?

I like the all around idea, and I agree that text should be in there somewhere, especialy with the buttons like swap. I also think you shouldn't be limited to the number of tabs, only to the amount of bank space. Please reply this time. :-w

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

I like the all around idea, and I agree that text should be in there somewhere, especialy with the buttons like swap. I also think you shouldn't be limited to the number of tabs, only to the amount of bank space. Please reply this time. :-w

I am going to put text back, don't worry, but i think 12 tabs should be more then enough, it would just get more confusing if there were to many tabs.

The way I have my bank organized, I have around 12 categories. It's good you're putting Text back, but I think you should be able to put, say, Clothing or Armor, instead of just skills.

pouserbarkp4.png

The way I have my bank organized, I have around 12 categories. It's good you're putting Text back, but I think you should be able to put, say, Clothing or Armor, instead of just skills.

You can still chose what images you want on the tabs, is that what you mean?

What I'm saying is that if I want something like Clothing, I won't be able to get a suitable tab for it. While uploading self-created images is probably not an option (not much of a java person) you should be able to write in categories, per se.

pouserbarkp4.png

I am going to put text back, don't worry, but i think 12 tabs should be more then enough, it would just get more confusing if there were to many tabs.

Putting the text back in is unrealistic, in my opinion. Considering this is going to be f2p and p2p, every person in Runescape is going to have this updated bank. This new bank is going to suck up horrible amounts of memory with the pictures, but even more with the text. Think about this: How many people play Runescape? Now multiply that number by 10. And thats how many new boxes JaGex is going to have to remember. Then take into consideration the order. With the pictures, its not you that can come up with some crazy, out there name, its JaGex. They can better control the storage space they use if pictures are used. To sum it up, I perfer PICTURES over text. I think it is fine the way it is now.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

isupportclansfm7.png

fixfriendsol7.gif

Putting the text back in is unrealistic, in my opinion. Considering this is going to be f2p and p2p, every person in Runescape is going to have this updated bank. This new bank is going to suck up horrible amounts of memory with the pictures, but even more with the text. Think about this: How many people play Runescape? Now multiply that number by 10. And thats how many new boxes JaGex is going to have to remember. Then take into consideration the order. With the pictures, its not you that can come up with some crazy, out there name, its JaGex. They can better control the storage space they use if pictures are used. To sum it up, I perfer PICTURES over text. I think it is fine the way it is now.

I plan on keeping the bank tabs pictures, i was talking about the buttons (lock etc) back to text. (unless people can submit better pictures. :P )