~~Newer Bank Of Runescape~~ **Updated again 05/15/09**

Thagern

um... sorry to rain on your parade, but:

Topics not to suggest

These topics are not allowed to be suggested in this forum. If any of these topics are discussed, they will be removed:

Suggestions for a bank search/organisation

kind of a shame really. i really liked the idea. oh well. :(

Indeed. It may be for the reasons I stated.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Thagern, u know there are jagex staff members on the tip.it forums, so why not PM one of them about this? id do it, but i figured its kinda up to you to represent your own idea lol. make him reply here. We obviously do deserve an answer to an idea that has been so proffesionally presented even if it is a no :wall:. I dont know how to contact them though.... <.<

Drokles.gif

Drokles.png

I'll get there!

... eventually

Hey Thagern, u know there are jagex staff members on the tip.it forums, so why not PM one of them about this? id do it, but i figured its kinda up to you to represent your own idea lol. make him reply here. We obviously do deserve an answer to an idea that has been so proffesionally presented even if it is a no :wall:. I dont know how to contact them though.... <.<
If you like this idea enough you could do it. I would but i don't know any on here.

hey guys, great news! listen to this letter

"Bobperson0

Hi, i recently submitted a website with a bank idea, you said to use the suggestions forum... two problems, you can't post pictures on forums and, the idea is not mine... i can talk with the owner of the thread, but how can i get the picture of the bank onto the suggestions forum? it's needed to see how good the idea is... it describes everything... could you put it in a poll, maybe? Thanks, bob

22-Aug-2006 22:15

Mod Dolby

Dear Bobperson0,

Hello there! I appreciate you taking time from your adventures to contact me.

Unfortunately we do not allow you to post images on the forums for security reasons. However please rest assured that all posts up on that forum get given due consideration and evaluation by our Content Development Team. If we decide to progress with your idea we will contact you and request the images that you have of your desired suggestion.

I hope this information is of use to you, Happy 'Scaping!

Yours sincerely

Mod Dolby"

do you have this posted idea in runescape suggestions?

P.S. to anyone who cares, i'm changing my Tip it name to Bobperson0 (my RSN) if i can (same e-mail...)

Ok, I got information on this idea some time ago from a reputable source, and received permission to share it:

Bank space is linked to a player file, which currently has a set limit. A certain amount of memory is allocated to player data related to new quests, new areas, etc. When bank space is increased, it takes away from that allocation.

You may ask, "then why can't the size of the player file be increased?"

I don't know the answer exactly, but I expect it would increase system memory requirements to a degree. Runescape is one of the few MMORPGs that is not software supported, nor relies on a CD for certain files. Java will take all the memory it can, so users with lower system specs will have to upgrade. Low detail is currently designed to accomodate these users (all arguments against sounds and some MIDI being incorporated aside).

You may ask, "then why doesn't Jagex release some CDs or offer a download?"

I suspect that such would make the problems we have with private servers worse.

I know that this post is old but I seriously need to correct it.

There is no possible way a bigger bank would affect players (unless, of course, with lag caused by the server)

As you said, every player has a file, with a certain space. Bigger bank means bigger file, more quests means bigger file, more skills means bigger file, more POH rooms/objects means bigger file... Etc, but this file is in the SERVER, the player only recieves information on what the file contains!

Now, imagine MILLIONS of players (many wont even be used a lot) all occupying a space of like 10MB in the server each (just a random size... It might be bigger or smaller).

Now calculate the total space used. Now imagine you add 1 MB worth of bankspace per player. Notice the increased used space? You know that hard drives aren't free ;)

Also, now you're transfering 1MB more of information to every player that logs in! A little more bandwidth is needed.

They just can't increase bankspace a lot, because it'd cost them more on hardware and maintnence. (MUCH MORE, and even then could probably cause lots of lag)

art_crazy.png

I think the hardest thing about implimenting this would be switching from the old one to the new... I could be wrong, but I would think that there's a possibility that when they switch something could mess up and items get lost. And that would go over really bad... Even if it wasn't perminant, and they had a back up, people would be panicing if their barrows and whips when missing...

untitled6kv7.giffixfriendsol7.gif

hi

yeah i think it all good so yeah rune scape should implament it :twisted:

f i had 1 dollar for everytime i heard another person call someone a ,"Noob" Then Bill Gates would be poor compared to me.If you are tired of hearing other people saying ''noob'' all the time then copy this to your signature.

Ok fellas, ive posted a thread on the runescape forum conserning this matter:

See it here

Take a look at it and feel free to spam it from dusk till dawn (lol ;)) and hopefully Jagex will notice.

Actually the more you spam the better so go on spam like crazy!! :twisted:

EDIT: oh btw! put this in your sig if u want others to spam along

[url=http://[Please Use QuickFind Code].com/lang/en/aff/runescape/id/-2306358742448192342/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?24,25,15,29912469]The ultimate spamming spot! click this link!![/url]

Drokles.gif

Drokles.png

I'll get there!

... eventually