They've removed double casting

LatinII

Jagex nerfed double casting: a magician's only way of K0ing a person. Double casting is casting a slow spell, like Ice blitz, Smoke Barrage, Ice Barrage or Miasmic Barrage, followed up by an instant spell like Shadow Barrage or Blood Barrage. It was possible to hit 75+ although the chances of hitting it were very rare. On average it dealt around 32 damage.

And for those that still have no idea what I am talking about...

82ne2xy.gif

But this no longer works! Ice Blitz is much faster, and all spells now have the same speed. Now it's even harder to kill a person in a BH/PvP world. Sure, our hits have improved the past few months and our DPS is very good, but we're still way behind in terms of dealing high damage. Meleers can hit high 450s and rangers can deal 600+ with echanted bolts, but Magic maxes at 410 with Ice Barrage.

I'm a bit upset about this. It's a punch in the face for people like me and Warrior5024.

It was a punch in the face, indeed.

However it's kind of bug abuse. Like how prayer flashing is/was.

Anyways, I have a small feeling/hope that jagex will increase the speed that spells are cast overall, to match that of shortbows on rapid.

If this is so, then I don't think mage will need as much of a damage update as before.

553VriC.png?1

So now we have to try to make our opponents eat their inventory of sharks/rocktails ASAP before they get a chance to escape. And this is not the case right now, our damage is still too low. I did some testing with a friend about this and in level 15 Wilderniss, wearing black dragonhide, I managed to run all the way back to the edge using only 6 monkfish! Monkfish! My friend was using leech energy and leech magic on me to prevent me from running but I still managed to get away!

This was what I feared... :( That was one of those special things about magic in pvp. Like a kind of semi special attack.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

because magic was SOOO overpowered!

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

still able to blitz+Melee spec?

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

This is unfortunate seeing as how timing the spells to get the big hits was pretty tough already. Not to mention, the insane rune prices to facilitate such combat.

Now, if Jagex is smart, they'll be using this opportunity to take a long hard look at RS combat and try to make it deeper, more fluid and satisfying instead of the boring, one click, 20 minute fights it is now with next to no variety. Magic more than anything has the ability to boast some exciting combat, such as the use of Damage over Time spells, genuine Slow effect and Fast effect spells etc. rather than the boring old "same speed, bigger number" thing that makes combat monotonous.

Fellsig.jpg

That's probably the reason why double casting was removed.

They really should update magic more. Like make a spell that hits in the 500s and doesn't "fail" often, and add more effective weakening spells (20% ftw?).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,921,60512457

Maybe while fixing that, they changed this too? I am not sure but it is a big blow to magic regardless.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?15,16,921,60512457

Fixed your link.

Prism_Swords.png

So now we have to try to make our opponents eat their inventory of sharks/rocktails ASAP before they get a chance to escape. And this is not the case right now, our damage is still too low. I did some testing with a friend about this and in level 15 Wilderniss, wearing black dragonhide, I managed to run all the way back to the edge using only 6 monkfish! Monkfish! My friend was using leech energy and leech magic on me to prevent me from running but I still managed to get away!

yes but almost no one will just mage they will always bring a 2nd form of combat

That's probably the reason why double casting was removed.

They really should update magic more. Like make a spell that hits in the 500s and doesn't "fail" often, and add more effective weakening spells (20% ftw?).

(Not directed at you) The consensus that double casting was "bug abuse" is really bothering me. Desert Treasure was released years ago, and it revolutionized magic PvP. The rushing tactic has been used forever, and I fail to see, honestly, how it's overpowered/unfair abuse at all. I had always thought slow and instant spells were intentional to allow for new tactics.

But we can't change what has happened, I do hope indeed they come out with new powerful spells.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

The consensus that double casting was "bug abuse" is really bothering me. Desert Treasure was released years ago, and it revolutionized magic PvP. The rushing tactic has been used forever, and I fail to see, honestly, how it's overpowered/unfair abuse at all. I had always thought slow and instant spells were intentional to allow for new tactics.

But we can't change what has happened, I do hope indeed they come out with new powerful spells.

[annoyed] to be honest, I couldnt agree more! i just went to metals in sc armour to get 76 magic, so i could use a more basic version of this, yet it is suddenly removed! :wall: [/annoyed]

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]