Custom made board style!

Eeeeediot

I'd like to suggest that the Admins consider implementing a custom made board style - in the Tip.It fashion! Perhpas something relating to the site design to maintain consistency?

At the moment, if you go to your profile and scroll down, you will see a drop down menu of board styles:

- Chronicles

- Invision Blue

- xmen

- subSilver and 7 other clones

If this is something that can not be done 'in-house' than perhaps the community can be involved? Perhaps a competition format or just opening up to submissions and ideas initially? I'm sure there are many talented people around.

And while we're talking about board styles, is there a mod that could make a drop down menu on the Forum Index perhaps in a top corner or a bottom corner so users can switch between the styles at will? Not only will this inform users of their availability, but also increase awareness of their existence so more users can take advantage of this service being available.

I offered to do one for free years ago (i get paid to make custom forum themes) but the staff were not interested.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

As for having a drop down in the corner or something for quick theme changing, heres the closest thing. Basicly it will add a style command so that the theme can be changed via a url

http://forum.tip.it/index.php?s=subSilver

http://www.ktauber.com/phpBB2mods/change_style/

I used to use it on my old phpBB portfolio site

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

got bored at lunch so heres a paintmash lol

tipiitforum7wr.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

The words 'slow down' come to mind hehe.

It does look nice, and in that case, we'd need to make sure that the normal site themes also work with this forum board style.

Wouldn't be too much of a problem, it would only be the main background colour thats different really. Just a cookie telling the forum which CSS file to look at. The key thing would be linking the forum theme and the site themes together so you dont have to do it manually. I dont know how the style changer mod manipulates the main phpbb cookie off heard but it shouldn't be too difficult to set up. Jeppe is quite the expert in things like that ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I for a fact know that they're thinking of deleting several (if not most) board themes for logical reasons.

They might delete them all, and just add one custom tipit theme? I'd want something nice however, after using subBlack for years I can't stand to see something too bright.

It'd seriously make me quit. :P :P

They should ban everyone using subBlack anyway ^_^ MS Simplicity ftw. :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

subBlack owns thy Matt. ;)

And E: Noes, I use the default theme as it somehow doesn't want to save it.

Then again, on the main site it only changes the color of something hardly visible, it's not the background I'm staring at.

Actually, come to test it, I think the black theme on the homepage looks horrific. =X It somehow ruins the style.

I must admit, I don't frequent the homepage -that- much, compared to forums.

I have some icons that I made like a year ago haha...

(For any curious people, they're rune rocks for new posts and empty grey rocks for read, with rune pickaxe for announcement and hammer for sticky... hmm now that I'm just thinking here, could have iron (grey) pickaxe for unread announcement, but I dunno what for unread sticky... Meh anyway it's more just like ideas at the moment... I don't have anything for popular either.)

I have some icons that I made like a year ago haha...

(For any curious people, they're rune rocks for new posts and empty grey rocks for read, with rune pickaxe for announcement and hammer for sticky... hmm now that I'm just thinking here, could have iron (grey) pickaxe for unread announcement, but I dunno what for unread sticky... Meh anyway it's more just like ideas at the moment... I don't have anything for popular either.)

It'd probably be better as a rune pickaxe for unread and iron for read :P

More flashy and noticeable

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

Sounds like a cool idea but emm.. maybe a bit too runescapey? I mean, there's loads and loads of people who come here for non-rs related boards..

Well then it would just be a general theme..maybe we could base it off of the tip.it site design? That way it matches the site and isn't too Runescapey, but is still relevant.

It'd probably be better as a rune pickaxe for unread and iron for read :P

More flashy and noticeable

Erm yeah that's what I meant sorry, got confuzzled while I was typing it.

Sounds like a cool idea but emm.. maybe a bit too runescapey? I mean, there's loads and loads of people who come here for non-rs related boards..

Well then it would just be a general theme..maybe we could base it off of the tip.it site design? That way it matches the site and isn't too Runescapey, but is still relevant.

Thats what I think would be best too :)