12-Mar-2010 - Bonus XP Weekend!

Toad

The Bonus XP Weekend has now started! The next time you log into the game, your bonus XP modifier will come into effect. The modifier will begin at 2.7 times the usual rate of XP you would earn from standard training activities, and will slowly decrease down to 1.1 times over the course of 10 hours of in-game time (the modifier will not decrease while you are logged out or in the lobby).

A small XP+ button has been added to the interface on the left of the minimap, which will track how much extra XP you are racking up over the course of each session and what your current XP modifier is. The XP modifier will be in effect from now until approximately 12pm (GMT/forum time) on Monday (or the equivalent local time for your country; see this Time Conversion thread if youre unsure what that is).

To get a clearer idea of what actions will and will not be modified by the Bonus XP Weekend, and for more information in general, please read this developer blog and this forum thread.

Enjoy!

The RuneScape Content Team

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm f2p at the moment so I can't participate. Does anyone want to take a screenie of the interface? :)

expmodifier.png

The extra experience you get per action also 'falls down' just below the XP section and then disappears, showing the extra xp gained per action. Time is in minutes and the XP is showing the extra experience gained overall.

doublexp2.png

Appeared without a system update, which was cool :)

I was suprised because i'm away at the weekend and thought I would miss out. Should help me get my last 200k wc xp super fast :-)

Offering assists for all Smithing/Crafting effigies, PM 'Luked365' in game, or PM me here if i'm not online

Inb4 green uses Party Pete at bloodveld in slayer tower

Where in the world is Tip.it?

I was suprised because i'm away at the weekend and thought I would miss out.

Same, reckon il get a few exps before i pack fer camping :P

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

doublexpkyattsagian.png

SIGH!@!

I'd take more pictures, cw is the worst, it's impossible to see ur familiar. But yeah I'm gonna get the most out of this 2.7x

EDIT - ok couldn't resist, here you go.

doublexpkyattsagainagai.png

Photos dont do it justice.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

The experience tracker at RuneScript is starting to grow exponentially.

By the time I wake up from my deep, deep sleep on Friday, I expect to fall probably 15,000 ranks in about everything. *shrug*

Protip: Try to avoid CW, try a quieter bank like...Moon Clan or something.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

*logs on* Tree run *logs off for school* *logs on after school* Tree run* goes to agilitize for 11hours.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Hi There,

You might find that your multiplier for the Bonus XP weekend is dropping slightly faster than you expected.

From our checking of it it looks like our rounding functions are being a little overzealous. Since we are cubing some figures after the division, it means that this rounding is exacerbated a little.

As such the curve is a little flatter and off from the function by approx 0.15. After a quick chat, we don't want to try to fix this while the event is going on, so we are leaving the curve as is. Sorry if this threw off your calculations for the weekend.

The curve will still flatten at 1.1x at approx 10 hours.

Take care

Mod Fnord

that... sucks

fishing.gif

Hmm, that really does. :( Silly Jagex! :P Always seems to be rounding with them...

2.3x Now after 1 hour.

In the last half hour, my rank in summoning :-

summon.png

I'm level 80. :P

29k exp from 80 summoning now. Thought I 'd only make 78 and perhaps 79. But made it all the way to 80. (was short on a few swamp toads, so got an offer in GE on max.. ) Otherwise, penguin points will make it 80!

I managed to get like 55k experience from my spirit tree upon logging in. Going to chill now.. tree run tomorrow upon logging in. Construction after that. Going to be close to 82 farming and with 80 construction when I'm done :D It was chaos at the Kyatt spot. Thank god I went to Mobilising army bank. It was actually faster like this!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Hi There,

You might find that your multiplier for the Bonus XP weekend is dropping slightly faster than you expected.

From our checking of it it looks like our rounding functions are being a little overzealous. Since we are cubing some figures after the division, it means that this rounding is exacerbated a little.

As such the curve is a little flatter and off from the function by approx 0.15. After a quick chat, we don't want to try to fix this while the event is going on, so we are leaving the curve as is. Sorry if this threw off your calculations for the weekend.

The curve will still flatten at 1.1x at approx 10 hours.

Take care

Mod Fnord

that... sucks

I'm actually pretty upset about this. 0.15 is a pretty big difference, and a lot of people won't reach their target levels because of this. Plus the equation was a simple quadratic...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top