12-Mar-2010 - Bonus XP Weekend!

Toad

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its true that Jagex nerfed the bonus xp intentionally, then I say BRAVO, JAGEX, BRAVO! You realised this was the stupidest idea you've ever had, and atleast dampened the damage that it caused. Still, I cannot forgive you for making this mistake, and I sincerely hope you do not repeat it. It is not only insanely unfair to those who can't be around, it's also cheapening to those who CAN be around. Seeing everyone achieving high summoning lvls left and right deeply saddens me tbh.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Before and after screenshots...

[hide]

100311bonusxpbefore.png

100312bonusxpaftery.png

[/hide]

Started with 70 summoning (125cb) and ended at 86 summoning (127cb). Just about 3m summoning exp in 2 hours and 19 minutes with a loss of only 10m.

Now I'm going to spend the rest of my weekend training slayer and hopefully getting enough charms for 88 summoning.

2czeqeh.jpg

No [cabbage] emmentail i am suing jagex because they made me buy members thinking itd be 10 hours when it isnt

Yeah. Il sue the clothes store because they made me buy a shirt i liked. They should have given me it or never brought it into the store.

No [cabbage] emmentail i am suing jagex because they made me buy members thinking itd be 10 hours when it isnt

Yeah. Il sue the clothes store because they made me buy a shirt i liked. They should have given me it or never brought it into the store.

Jagex moved the 0 again, it was supposed to be 70 hours but they reverted it back to 7, constitu..oh wait

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Jagex moved the 0 again, it was supposed to be 70 hours but they reverted it back to 7, constitu..oh wait

lol^

Ontopic:

Got 400k farm exp (got me from 82 --> 84)

got 300k rc exp so far (70 --> 74)

its modest i know, but im already 93 herby and 99 summon

Lord_Beloved.png

I wonder if Failex would like some epic to go with that MASSIVE FAIL..... -.- it certainly is an EPIC MASSIVE FAIL.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Well that was a fun bonus exp friday evening. :) Seriously I wasn't personally too excited about this but it got me 53-54 agility, 66-68 range and 50-51 rc. Almost had time to get 82 constitution and 59 slayer. This clearly was better for fast but expensive exp skills like summoning and herblore. :/

Sephy.png

I used up all my money for Prayer last week, and 0 charms. No Summon training for me. I'll passed Bonus XP weekend. Maybe next time... :wink:

Btw, I'm not into Skilling.

Enjoy your Xp Weekend, guys. :thumbsup:

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

[bleep] you Jagex <_<

I thought this started at 00:00am GMT between Friday/Saturday. I still have 150 5kg blocks of granite to cut into 500g blocks for my lobs. There goes double xp for crimsons... :(

Don't suppose anyone would just happen to have 2k 500g granite blocks for sale? :unsure:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

[bleep] you Jagex <_<

I thought this started at 00:00am GMT between Friday/Saturday.

Glad to know I wasnt the only one who thought this. A guy in my class was like "No, it started at noon" while I was at school.

Thankfully I had everything ready.

Got 90-94 Summoning (8.2M xp) and currently back to Slaying still at 2.1X XP, this is awesome :D

dirk4slayer.png

Chuck Norris doesn't ever need a compass; he randomly points somewhere and north goes there in order not to anger him.

[bleep] you Jagex <_<

I thought this started at 00:00am GMT between Friday/Saturday. I still have 150 5kg blocks of granite to cut into 500g blocks for my lobs. There goes double xp for crimsons... :(

Don't suppose anyone would just happen to have 2k 500g granite blocks for sale? :unsure:

Sorry but Jagex clearly said in their "Save the date" dev blog:

When will this be happening?

Between the hours of 12:00PM GMT on Friday 12th March and 12:00PM GMT Monday 15th March (so, all of that Saturday and Sunday). These times are a rough estimate, but we will put a news post out as soon as the event starts.

http://devblog.runescape.com/view_post.ws?post_id=84&page=1

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

[bleep] you Jagex <_<

Glad to know I wasnt the only one who thought this. A guy in my class was like "No, it started at noon" while I was at school.

I thought this too. Ah well, I can still get what I want to do done.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

[bleep] you Jagex <_<

cant say i didn't warn you ;)

Lord_Beloved.png

I dont think i've ever seen so many people get killed at the wilderness Agility arena in 20 minutes... About 40 people there and i nthe space of 20 Minutes the Revenant Ork killed atleast 10 and failing the course killed atleast 5 or 6... got 57 agility though... Time for some combat before I go back to agility a later time. ;)

dzuz3d.jpg

I've decided. I'm going to only log in for farm runs, since that's what I'm training. I should maintain the 2.5x bonus I've got as long as possible throughout the weekend so I can get the best farm xp out of it. Then on Sunday I'll wear the rest out, so hopefully a Farming cape on Monday or Tuesday. :mrgreen:

[bleep] you Jagex <_<

cant say i didn't warn you ;)

I must have missed that #-o

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].