12-Mar-2010 - Bonus XP Weekend!

Toad

2ytxmde.png

Nice math [bleep]eX my little brother could do better calculating/making a better excuse

do it the conventional way? eg not relying on bonus xp weekends :P

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking more than likely what Jagex is going to do for summoning in the future is something along the lines of Familiarization. Maybe charms equal to the multiplier rounded up, so at 2.0-2.7 triple charms, at 1.1-2.0 double charms. Would be a bit less overpowered than giving the exp directly from infusing pouches I think. Essentially the gathering of the charms IS the training, and we were given ample opportunity to gather charms BEFORE the weekend so we were using the weekend even before it started.

Or relying on the companies statements to be true before I calculate the costs?

Sucks to Jamflex's accountant if they give false info

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

2ytxmde.png

Nice math [bleep]eX my little brother could do better calculating/making a better excuse

do it the conventional way? eg not relying on bonus xp weekends :P

The fact that Jagex should not have made the error and reduce the exp by .15 "by accident" doesn't occur to you?

But still, we're lucky we got anything, so ima log back in later and finish getting my 190K for 89 summoning. I *should* have had 90 if they did it correctly; but no...... But I wont complain because it's more than I would have got without it (would have got to 83-84 MAX without this double exp)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Well I lucked out and had an extra 1k swamp lizards above what I calculated I'd need for 95 summoning where I started using iron pl8's. If it wasn't for that extra lizards I'd be stuck with 94 summoning and no way to get 95 and beyond lol.

Funny part was that I did that to take into consideration human (my own) error though pouches/h and calculations. Never thought it'd help cover Jagex's errors too :P.

Neltak.png

I did a lot better than I had expected, even with that error. I usually underestimate myself drastically with any calculations I do. Figured I'd be 97 at about halfway to 98, ended up being about 250k or so over it. Going to need a little over 2.4k crimsons for 99 summoning now. Kinda wish I put more effort into waterfiends the week before, I could have easily one that. Ah well, I can easily get what's left after monday.

Here's a hint guys; edge bank is almost dead compared to castle wars. At least it was when I logged out.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

Well its like saying "Ill pay you $10 an hour but it will lower 30 cents every hour" *calculates numbers of hours to work in order to afford a Ps3 "whoops i guess i miscalced so you will recieve substantially less because of my bs formula"

CONGRADU[bleep]INGLATIONS I GOT SCAMMED

I probable should sue seeing as i pay for jagex's bs and they issued false info

mck.pngMck.png

Or relying on the companies statements to be true before I calculate the costs?

Sucks to Jamflex's accountant if they give false info

You're so difficult to please lol

Exactly. A free ticket to halve the effort I put into my 99 Summoning and they complain about 15 minutes.... <_<

I used all my charms before the update so I barely summoned all I did was calc how many battlestaves I needed to buy for 80 craft and of course this crap xp problem ruined it

So would you be mad if you got half off of clothes for the first hour and then 25% off for the 2nd etc. and then when you check out you see you got 30% off due to crappy mathematics and you planned to buy certain things you now did not prepare to spend as much money on

mck.pngMck.png

Well its like saying "Ill pay you $10 an hour but it will lower 30 cents every hour" *calculates numbers of hours to work in order to afford a Ps3 "whoops i guess i miscalced so you will recieve substantially less because of my bs formula"

Actually, its more like this.

You would normaly get $10 every hour, but they gave you a weekend where you start at 2.7 times as much as normal ($27 an hour) and go down $1,7 every hour.

They then decide to change it up a little and remove a little more cash then you were told 2 weeks in advance about.

I used all my charms before the update so I barely summoned all I did was calc how many battlestaves I needed to buy for 80 craft and of course this crap xp problem ruined it

So would you be mad if you got half off of clothes for the first hour and then 25% off for the 2nd etc. and then when you check out you see you got 30% off due to crappy mathematics and you planned to buy certain things you now did not prepare to spend as much money on

The only diference is this is a bonus on something you already bought.

It's more like you bought a shirt, and when you returned to the store the clerk remembers you and says "Oh! we had a deal, here's 4 pairs of socks" But then she made a mistake and takes one pair away. At least that's how I see it.

cheezysigtipit.png

High-alching that REALLY expensive item in my inventory looks more and more tempting with every beer I drink.

Hey Smapla, doing the math too ;)

I see you took the exact hours and minutes, but don't you think that the multiplier can get changed every 15 mins, and it just updates the minute after?

PLUS, we need more data D:, both your formula and mine goes under 1.1 before the 10th hour :P

20477083.gif

[Whip drops: 13]

All right, so I haven't logged in yet because I have some questions.

What should the multiplier be at after 1.5 and 3 hours?

Where's the best place to bank? I see cw is ridiculous, MA? Edge? Draynor?

Cwars is actually okey, just run to the zammy portal and call your kyatt (make call the left click button) and you are fine.

I'm on about 3:45 or something and it's at 1.7X

And I'm currently banking on MA on the emptiest worlds I find...... quick, easy, get's the job done, and you can find your kyatt easily as hardly anyone is there.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I'm on about 3:45 or something and it's at 1.7X

And I'm currently banking on MA on the emptiest worlds I find...... quick, easy, get's the job done, and you can find your kyatt easily as hardly anyone is there.

I'm in a fairly full world and MA is still empty. The obelisk isn't as crowded as I thought too.

Anyways, I'm about an hour in and have gotten a little over 1m summoning exp and I got plenty to go.

2czeqeh.jpg

To the people complaining about the .15x 'lost'. I look at it this way. Your boss says that he'll give you a nice $100 bonus just because he appreciates you, but when you get your pay cheque, it only has $85 extra on it. Sure, you're getting 15% less than what your boss said he'd give you, but you're getting free money so just shut up and accept it.

I was woken up early by some particularily loud people in my dorm so I got to Runescape early. Wasn't my plan, but meh. I did my tree run, herblore, and summoning to 70 in all. Now I'm just going to jump over some spiky pits until 70. If I end up getting 70 before the weekend is over, I'll go to hunter.

Also, it's probably just a coincidence, but I've been seeing far more revs at the wildy course today then normal. One point there were 3 orks on the course at once. :eek:

Actually, its more like this.

You would normaly get $10 every hour, but they gave you a weekend where you start at 2.7 times as much as normal ($27 an hour) and go down $1,7 every hour.

They then decide to change it up a little and remove a little more cash then you were told 2 weeks in advance about.

Well they didn't actually decide to change it (or did they?!) but they the made a mistake. Big companies like Jagex shouldn't make stupid mistakes like that.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Hi There,

You might find that your multiplier for the Bonus XP weekend is dropping slightly faster than you expected.

From our checking of it it looks like our rounding functions are being a little overzealous. Since we are cubing some figures after the division, it means that this rounding is exacerbated a little.

As such the curve is a little flatter and off from the function by approx 0.15. After a quick chat, we don't want to try to fix this while the event is going on, so we are leaving the curve as is. Sorry if this threw off your calculations for the weekend.

The curve will still flatten at 1.1x at approx 10 hours.

Take care

Mod Fnord

that... sucks

That blows. Hopefully Ill still be able to get 80 summoning like I wanted. At least this happened instead of a major bug.

How is RSOF Taking it?

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png

To the people complaining about the .15x 'lost'. I look at it this way. Your boss says that he'll give you a nice $100 bonus just because he appreciates you, but when you get your pay cheque, it only has $85 extra on it. Sure, you're getting 15% less than what your boss said he'd give you, but you're getting free money so just shut up and accept it.

I was woken up early by some particularily loud people in my dorm so I got to Runescape early. Wasn't my plan, but meh. I did my tree run, herblore, and summoning to 70 in all. Now I'm just going to jump over some spiky pits until 70. If I end up getting 70 before the weekend is over, I'll go to hunter.

Also, it's probably just a coincidence, but I've been seeing far more revs at the wildy course today then normal. One point there were 3 orks on the course at once. :eek:

Or saying since everyone has worked so hard for a week I am giving you a bonus of $100

You plan on what to do with it while everyone inflates the prices

After planning and preparing on something you took out a loan on you all the sudden ralize you will only get $85

Now you must work harder and lose more money because of a huge flaw

If you work for something like JaGeX it is a huge loss seeing as they must be a bunch of asanine idiots if they miss such a big mistake

mck.pngMck.png

Or saying since everyone has worked so hard for a week I am giving you a bonus of $100

You plan on what to do with it while everyone inflates the prices

After planning and preparing on something you took out a loan on you all the sudden ralize you will only get $85

Now you must work harder and lose more money because of a huge flaw

If you work for something like JaGeX it is a huge loss seeing as they must be a bunch of asanine idiots if they miss such a big mistake

Well I'm sure that regardless of how accurate an analogy that we can provide to you, you'll still remain unsatisfied. With that said, I'm gonna go enjoy my generous amounts of bonus XP and play with my new Pack Yak :) Have fun sulking!

77yLQy8.png

Started the day with 74 summoning, at 88 now (129 combat too) and going to see if the items I have will be able to get me to 89 before I stop summoning for the day. I actually had a relatively large amount of items stockpiled in my bank before this weekend was announced (4k granite, 1.3k bananas, 275 obsidian charms) and I've only used them, so I'm pretty happy. I also have 2k crimsons, about 1k blues, and 1k greens left over once I get through everything in my bank.

I don't think Jagex should ever do this again, but I'm sure as hell taking advantage of it. It's a bit of a mess, but it's something to take advantage of while it's there.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png