Manifest Destiny

Retech

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't use clay either...

Theres no money so it seems unlike he or she would ask to be able to sell it...

That's for the crazy person that wants a patent to decide. :P

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

When I said oracle, I meant a giant amalgam of the priests...

Anywho, 50 of the hunters become "Forges", whose purpose is to turn safe amounts of their bodymass (they require extra food, and my food output should have increased from the discovery of bread) into bone weaponry for the warriors and new members of the species. The forges begin making bows out of strong but slightly flexible bone for the warriors (with tough sinew formed by themselves as string), after the researchers learn how. The hunters begin looking for a suitable material to make arrows from. The researchers begin researching how to make bows and arrows suitable for the warriors. The warriors experiment with a few of the Hippos, trying to change their body structure by linking themselves to the Hippos. The farmers try to determine if the irritating plant, when modified or concentrated, can be used in weaponry. The mixers start producing large amounts of bread for the forges. The priests practice linking their bodies and consciousnesses to form larger Daeka, and then reverting to individuals again.

EDIT:

100 Hunters

100 Warriors

100 Farmers

50 Flux Priests

50 Mixers

50 Researchers

50 Forges

Unspecified number of Hippos

Unspecified number of Poison Eels

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

dear god, you just had to set that in there, eh retech? the elementals work to refine the language even more. also, the blue explores more of the island, then flies back to report.

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

The hero retreats shoot light magic and dodging/slashing as he goes. Favor is used to summon a juggernaut that is impervious to infection and spearmen move into phalanxes and the high priests ask the nomads for an alliance. If they do not move or join them then archers fire upon them while the high priests smite them with light magic and the spear men advance in phalanx

LNYvk.png

Session?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Sorry I didn't do a session yesterday, I had a big project to finish. Basically in the next update, I will update as if you had two years of growth, but the oracle stuff will require until the end of this evening to conclude.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

When I said oracle, I meant a giant amalgam of the priests...

Anywho, 50 of the hunters become "Forges", whose purpose is to turn safe amounts of their bodymass (they require extra food, and my food output should have increased from the discovery of bread) into bone weaponry for the warriors and new members of the species. The forges begin making bows out of strong but slightly flexible bone for the warriors (with tough sinew formed by themselves as string), after the researchers learn how. The hunters begin looking for a suitable material to make arrows from. The researchers begin researching how to make bows and arrows suitable for the warriors. The warriors experiment with a few of the Hippos, trying to change their body structure by linking themselves to the Hippos. The farmers try to determine if the irritating plant, when modified or concentrated, can be used in weaponry. The mixers start producing large amounts of bread for the forges. The priests practice linking their bodies and consciousnesses to form larger Daeka, and then reverting to individuals again.

EDIT:

100 Hunters

100 Warriors

100 Farmers

50 Flux Priests

50 Mixers

50 Researchers

50 Forges

Unspecified number of Hippos

Unspecified number of Poison Eels

RIP Dawngate ;-;

[Hide=Icu]

Species Name: Hymenoptera Umbra

Tribal Name: Umbronia

Adult Population: 1000

Child Population: 100

Religion

Name of God: Umbra

Attribute of God (God of ...): Darkness

Yearly Favor: 500

Total Favor: 3000

Holy Shrines: -

Temples: -

Monks: -

Universities: 1

Researchers:

Government Style: (Choose)

Annual Food Production: 1,000

Annual Food Consumption: 600

Creatures per unit of consumption: 1

Housing: Surplus

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: (choose)

(Below is various numbers of each kind of soldier)

[/hide]

[hide=Ross]

Species Name: The Scathe

Tribal Name: N/A

Adult Population: 20,000 Scathe

Child Population: 1,000 Scathe

Religion

Name of God: Incabulos

Attribute of God (God of ...): Decay

Yearly Favor: 5000

Total Favor: 2000

Holy Shrines: 1

Temples: 0

Monks: 0

Researchers: -

Fortress:

Government Style: Hivemind Altruistic

Annual Food Production: 1000

Annual Food Consumption: 1000

Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 10

Food Stored: 200

Housing: Adequate

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 5,000 Scathes (You can lessen this when you want to settle down and start a society)

Juggernaut: 1

Needlers: 2000

Decay Titan: 1

[/hide]

[hide=Grim]

Species Name: Kinder Gotten

Tribal Name: Licht

Adult Population: 1500

Child Population: 250

Religion

Name of God: Heillig Vater

Attribute of God: Light

Monks: 100

University: 1

Researchers: 100

Fortress: 1

Government Style: Republic

Annual Food Production: 1500

Annual Food Consumption: 1500

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 1

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 200

Warrior Monks: 100

Nature Druids: 100

Oracle Crusaders: 300

[/hide]

[hide=Mather]

Species Name: Goa'uld

Tribal Name: Abydos

Adult Population: 350

Child Population: 10

Religion

Name of God: N/A

Attribute of God: N/A

Total Favor: 500

Holy Shrines: 0

University:

Government Style: Monarchy (what closer do you get to a "god" ruling?)

Annual Food Production: 750

Annual Food Consumption: 750

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 0.2

Armed Forces

Total Army Size:

[/hide]

[hide=Earth]

Species Name: Elementals

Adult Population: 80

Religion

Name of God: Elemental Pantheon

Attribute of God (God of ...): Multiple

Total Favor: 6000

Government Style: Matriarchal Despotism

Annual Food Production: 550

Annual Food Consumption: 550

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 0.1

Armed Forces

Total Army Size:

[/hide]

[hide=Archi]

Species Name: Nephilim

Tribal Name: Nephilim Clan

Adult Population: 400

Child Population: 50

Name of God: - Anama

Attribute of God (God of ...): - Healing

Yearly Favor: 250

Total Favor: 1250

Holy Shrines:0

Temples: 1

Government Style: Tribal Despotism

Annual Food Production: 500 (these are units of consumption, which is much easier than doing all the math, at least until later on)

Annual Food Consumption: 300

(Giant lizards are, as the name implies, much larger relatives of the common lizard. Giant lizards typically grow to be about 10 feet(3 meters) long from head to tail)

Housing: Fine

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 0

[/hide]

[hide=Nex]

Species Name: Dusavi'daek

Tribal Name: Tro'dak'ael

Adult Population: 600

Name of God: Adakkar

Attribute of God (God of ...): Flux

Total Favor: 1000

Government Style: Theocratic Creative Despotism

Annual Food Production: 500 (these are units of consumption, which is much easier than doing all the math, at least until later on)

Annual Food Consumption: 500

Armed Forces

[/hide]

-Icu

None

-Ross

Incabulos has captured the oracle, giving you unprecedented control of the enchanted valley. It seems capable of holding a 100,000 Scathe when fully cultivated, and your god gives you the ability to control the spirits in the valley. It also gives you free god powers in the valley region.

-Mather

Your escapees retreat to their boats just in time, as the separatists bust through your fortifications. Fifty more, in addition to the ones you sent earlier, have escaped on boats and are currently in the middle of the ocean.

Population of the mountains

-Earth

Your blue dragon returns to your pack, and tells them about a beautiful island in the sea, perfect for raising a population. Your dragons discover a way to cultivate the soil by using their claws to aerate and loosen it.

-Grim

Your men begin to attack the "Yetis", but a hoard of Yetis appear from atop the mountain ridge and drive your men screaming, back to your village.

-Archi

The construction you outlined earlier has finished. (I don't quite remember what else you were doing)

-Nex

Your forgers begin making the bows, but it is likely it will take quite a while to become proficient. The hunters find that the teeth of dead hippos work perfectly for arrow heads. The hippos and the warriors do not have a close enough bond in order to do that. The irritating plant may be modified into a weapon, but your researchers ask you how you want to try that.

The hero retreats to the village. The forces come back to the pass. 3 new high priests are trained and a juggernaut that is impervious to infection is summoned.

LNYvk.png

woot. yes! i send a group of 1 tpye of each special and 6 regulars to take the island under control. (this number includes the blue that discovered this island) they are told, more like ordered, to fly up in the sky if they encounter any new species, as we don want a repeat of the dodo bird devastation. i set my 2 greens (acid breathers) to farm food, and the rest to researching more permanent armor. or how to construct a library.

FaladorTavern.png

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

My population increased? I didn't specifically say for the forges to form new Daeka, but I'll take it as a bonus. In the future, I would prefer to say when the forges produce new Daeka so that I can keep track easier.

The warriors continue training with the Hippos. The forges continue trying to perfect the bows. The priests practice linking their bodies and consciousnesses to form larger Daeka, and then reverting to individuals again. The hunters continue searching for new species. The researchers and mixers try mixing the irritating plant with Eel venom, as well as concentrating the oils from several plants, grinding the plants to make a lung-damaging dust (they also alter their lungs to filter such particles), and feeding non-warrior test Hippos the results. The farmers continue searching for new plants. The 100 new adult Daeka begin training as warriors. The children begin training their shapeshifting to become Flux Priests.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The hero retreats to the village. The forces come back to the pass. 3 new high priests are trained and a juggernaut that is impervious to infection is summoned.

How many soldiers have you sent to the pass now?

The soldiers encounter the mob of Yetis.

woot. yes! i send a group of 1 tpye of each special and 6 regulars to take the island under control. (this number includes the blue that discovered this island) they are told, more like ordered, to fly up in the sky if they encounter any new species, as we don want a repeat of the dodo bird devastation. i set my 2 greens (acid breathers) to farm food, and the rest to researching more permanent armor. or how to construct a library.

The island is teeming with various kinds of cattle and sheep, which seem quite tame. They move around in patterns on their own, for some reason. Your dragons fly up as commanded. A library complex seems quite simple, and is easily constructed. However, there is nothing to put in the library. Your dragons discover that with the combined efforts of a light/shadow dragon and a fire dragon, they can forge elemental plates for you.

The Scathe begin to cultivate the oracle valley with rot and decay, poison gas plants and such. The Scathe then grow a large winding and twisting plant in the centre as a tribute to incabulos.

The Oracle valley is quickly turned into a wasteland. Incabulos asks you if you would prefer a twisting plant or keeping the special "special" effect of the Oracle. The oracle begins gathering information from the world, into a map.

The jaffa row and the goa'uld pray for land to be found soon.

If any goa'uld falls overboard the symbiote shall look for a marine host.

The Goa'uld find land, an island in a bay and group of desert dunes.

My population increased? I didn't specifically say for the forges to form new Daeka, but I'll take it as a bonus. In the future, I would prefer to say when the forges produce new Daeka so that I can keep track easier.

The warriors continue training with the Hippos. The forges continue trying to perfect the bows. The priests practice linking their bodies and consciousnesses to form larger Daeka, and then reverting to individuals again. The hunters continue searching for new species. The researchers and mixers try mixing the irritating plant with Eel venom, as well as concentrating the oils from several plants, grinding the plants to make a lung-damaging dust (they also alter their lungs to filter such particles), and feeding non-warrior test Hippos the results. The farmers continue searching for new plants. The 100 new adult Daeka begin training as warriors. The children begin training their shapeshifting to become Flux Priests.

Population naturally increases. That's how your people breed?

The priests begin melding their conciousness, but they quickly withdraw after seeing thoughts that their colleagues thought were concealed. The poisonous mixture seems to have no effect on the Hippos in the wild, but it kills one of the warrior's hippos when it was accidentally applied. The farmers find a tree, which seems to grow fast and have resilient "wood."

yay. the settling group flies down, and looks for the reson why the livestock moves on its own. we make enough elemental plates for the oldest specials and regulars. (note, the oldest never went on the settlement mission, and the older the dragons are, the more skilled they are (duh.))

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]

Yes. I said that's what the forges were for, otherwise the Daeka don't reproduce, and the priests imbue the new Daeka with a mind and soul (a gift from Adakkar). Well, a normal one can do the same thing, they're just not specialized. And you don't want birth defects!

A) Did the Hippos learn anything?

B) Did the forges get better at making bows?

C) When will the children be fully trained?

Ok, my actions now are:

The forges, researchers, and warriors work together trying to make armour for the hippos and bows made from bone. The hunters look for a non-sentient species to test the irritant on. The farmers begin planting the trees. The priests try to each become a segment of the colossus, not joined directly but secured at the joints (like, one would be the forearm, on would be the shin, yada yada yada, so that way they retain individuality). The mixers start evaporating the oils of the irritant plant (leaving some kind of dust or something?) under a sieve holding the leaves of the plant. They then crush the leaves into a powder, and mix it with whatever's left behind from the evaporation. The priests-in-training continue their training.

200 Warriors

100 Hunters

100 Farmers

50 Flux Priests

50 Mixers

50 Researchers

50 Forges

50 Priests-in-Training

Hippos

Poison Eels

Smellflowers (Medicine)

Stenchweeds (Bread)

Irritant Plant

Swamp Bamboo

RIP Dawngate ;-;

[Hide=Icu]

Species Name: Hymenoptera Umbra

Tribal Name: Umbronia

Adult Population: 1000

Child Population: 100

Religion

Name of God: Umbra

Attribute of God (God of ...): Darkness

Researchers:

Government Style: (Choose)

Annual Food Production: 1,000

Annual Food Consumption: 600

Creatures per unit of consumption: 1

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: (choose)

[/hide]

[hide=Ross]

Species Name: The Scathe

Adult Population: 20,000 Scathe

Child Population: 1,000 Scathe

Religion

Name of God: Incabulos

Attribute of God (God of ...): Decay

Total Favor: 2000

Researchers: -

Fortress:

Government Style: Hivemind Altruistic

Annual Food Production: 1000

Annual Food Consumption: 1000

Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 10

Food Stored: 200

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 5,000 Scathes (You can lessen this when you want to settle down and start a society)

Juggernaut: 1

Needlers: 2000

Decay Titan: 1

[/hide]

[hide=Grim]

Species Name: Kinder Gotten

Tribal Name: Licht

Adult Population: 2000

Child Population: 250

Religion

Name of God: Heillig Vater

Attribute of God: Light

Monks: 100

University: 1

Researchers: 100

Government Style: Republic

Annual Food Production: 1500

Annual Food Consumption: 1500

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 1

Armed Forces

Total Army Size: 200

Warrior Monks: 100

Nature Druids: 100

Oracle Crusaders: 300

[/hide]

[hide=Mather]

Species Name: Goa'uld

Tribal Name: Abydos

Adult Population: 200

Religion

Name of God: N/A

Attribute of God: N/A

Total Favor: 500

Holy Shrines: 0

University:

Government Style: Monarchy (what closer do you get to a "god" ruling?)

Annual Food Production: 750

Annual Food Consumption: 750

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 0.2

Armed Forces

Total Army Size:

[/hide]

[hide=Earth]

Species Name: Elementals

Adult Population: 80

Religion

Name of God: Elemental Pantheon

Attribute of God (God of ...): Multiple

Total Favor: 6000

Government Style: Matriarchal Despotism

Annual Food Production: 550

Annual Food Consumption: 550

Number of Creatures per Unit of Consumption: 0.1

Armed Forces

Total Army Size:

[/hide]

[hide=Archi]

Species Name: Nephilim

Tribal Name: Nephilim Clan

Adult Population: 500

Name of God: - Anama

Attribute of God (God of ...): - Healing

Total Favor: 1250

Temples: 1

Government Style: Tribal Despotism

Annual Food Consumption: 300

(Giant lizards are, as the name implies, much larger relatives of the common lizard. Giant lizards typically grow to be about 10 feet(3 meters) long from head to tail)

Armed Forces

[/hide]

[hide=Nex]

Species Name: Dusavi'daek

Tribal Name: Tro'dak'ael

Adult Population: 600

Name of God: Adakkar

Attribute of God (God of ...): Flux

Total Favor: 1000

Government Style: Theocratic Creative Despotism

Annual Food Consumption: 500

Armed Forces

[/hide]

Sorry if this update was late. If you'd like, please post a short summary of what you want to do over the next year, so I can factor that in, even though this session is practically non existant.

Yes. I said that's what the forges were for, otherwise the Daeka don't reproduce, and the priests imbue the new Daeka with a mind and soul (a gift from Adakkar). Well, a normal one can do the same thing, they're just not specialized. And you don't want birth defects!

A) Did the Hippos learn anything?

B) Did the forges get better at making bows?

C) When will the children be fully trained?

Ok, my actions now are:

The forges, researchers, and warriors work together trying to make armour for the hippos and bows made from bone. The hunters look for a non-sentient species to test the irritant on. The farmers begin planting the trees. The priests try to each become a segment of the colossus, not joined directly but secured at the joints (like, one would be the forearm, on would be the shin, yada yada yada, so that way they retain individuality). The mixers start evaporating the oils of the irritant plant (leaving some kind of dust or something?) under a sieve holding the leaves of the plant. They then crush the leaves into a powder, and mix it with whatever's left behind from the evaporation. The priests-in-training continue their training.

200 Warriors

100 Hunters

100 Farmers

50 Flux Priests

50 Mixers

50 Researchers

50 Forges

50 Priests-in-Training

Hippos

Poison Eels

Smellflowers (Medicine)

Stenchweeds (Bread)

Irritant Plant

Swamp Bamboo

RIP Dawngate ;-;

yay. the settling group flies down, and looks for the reson why the livestock moves on its own. we make enough elemental plates for the oldest specials and regulars. (note, the oldest never went on the settlement mission, and the older the dragons are, the more skilled they are (duh.))

FaladorTavern.png

[/hide]