Dagannoth King Guide (AOW discussion)

oddfaery2

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we tend to run out of anti's and ppots b4 we run out of sharks :$,2 super anti's not enough :lol:

Well the pots/food needed will vary, depending on what armor you wear, how many people you go with, and how well the people you go with do things.

Whenever I solo-ed Rex in my Guthan (with bolt spells at that) I lasted quite a long time ;)

The only time I really have trouble is when somebody trying to run away from a king starts coming to me and then I start getting hit by more than one.

Also, found another spot to solo Rex... rofl

picture1028kl.png

I was with some friends and one was trying to get away from Rex, ran toward me, and had him chasing me while I was ranging supreme between Prime kills (not something I'll do again on a low bow lol)

Finally I got him stuck here on the ladder ;)

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

• 2 weeks later...

I myself have maged Rex for a good number of trips trying many methods. I used Charged Guthix Claws at first, but the costs were so high that any profits I recieved were low (not exactly a lucky person). So I switched to Magic Dart. With a -30 magic bonus I killed Rex in 20-25 Claws, but with dart I killed him in 40 spells. So, I was basically spending about 31.5k per Rex with Claws, compared to 15k per with Darts (not including Shark/Pot costs). With slow respawning the difference between the two spells speeds' is basically negligent.

So, I recomend you add a pic for mages using Magic Dart, like this one I took of my inv.:

inv4jn.jpg

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Been browsing the forums for a while, and I think I'm going to switch that Fremmy helm for a Verac helm, Torag legs for Verac skirt, and maybe switch the Glory for a Holy symbol (not sure on that one).

Thanks to everyone who noted the Prayer bonuses :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just gone on my second semi-successful trip to the daggy kings (I actually got there :P) but I lost all my teammates, so I had to teleport.

I'm only combat 93, but I'm 76 mage.

Might I go with someone experienced instead of the 2 bumblers who came with me that time?

rsn=tsn

Priv chat is on except when I'm doing something dangerous or crazy.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh, i second those pics need to be put back in. I went for my first time today, and while with experienced Dagg king killers. I didn;t know what armoyr to bring for maging! First time i went in full mystic, second i went in full rune :o Using slayer dart...

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Yeh, i second those pics need to be put back in. I went for my first time today, and while with experienced Dagg king killers. I didn;t know what armoyr to bring for maging! First time i went in full mystic, second i went in full rune :o Using slayer dart...

Heres a pic of what I -used to- bring (may be earlier in the thread, I dont know. Oh well, here it is)

rexhunt13go.jpg

After that pic I switched to Verac armor though, but its your choice. Verac has a Prayer bonus and hinders magic less then Torag, but Torag armor has better range defense (for the 76s). Your call.

You didn't do too bad either. Twas a fun trip, bummer i only lasted 20 min cause mom kicked me off computer...

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I went back later with dark, killed 7 rex's until he had to ecto, because he was maging. I was left wigh 3 p pots and 11 shark. But i didn't feel like luring and killing the Rex all by myself :o

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Heres my Range Equipment:

dagganothkingsrangeequipment4k.png

You want to drop the black hides, and get some rune legs or dragon legs, or better than that, dragon chain and legs (chain has 0 attack stats to range)...You WANT the Rangers def down there...

Or for the rich people with friends down there, guthans...Very easy to heal on the lvl 76's on the rim...trust me :P

Vitafides.jpeg

I went back later with dark, killed 7 rex's until he had to ecto, because he was maging. I was left wigh 3 p pots and 11 shark. But i didn't feel like luring and killing the Rex all by myself :o

Once you get more experienced down there luring and killing Rex becomes a walk in the park :roll: . And Trojann, I may try bringing Guthans down there, if I feel brave enough :oops: .

i suppose, but it worked fine for me

But do you last 1 hour or more? My longest trip was 1 hour and 15 min, got a Berserker.

And guthans is the main reason i stayed down that long, in guthans i don't even pray killing rex, only range if i get a bunch on me, or mage when i got heal by rangers killing prime...

Vitafides.jpeg

You can expect some revisions to this guide soon.

I have altered my methods, and in most my trips now I get at least 20-30 kills (myself), with my team usually lasting a good hour, hour and a half, and sometimes more.

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Awesome guide, ill certainly try this out after i get 90 mage and around 80 defence :wink:

Just get 80+ and bring a Super defense pot or two and you'll do fine :D .