The Style Thread

Scorcheddd

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're on a longboard the upper shouldn't matter much. They're very comfortable though, and obviously grip is solid.

What's up looshbob, I'll never agree with you. :)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

In terms of canvas shoes, what looks better, plimsolls (not vans) or chuck taylors?

I like plimsolls. If you're rolling converse, get some jack purcells. Maybe even leather ones, oooo.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Why not Vans? Do you just mean that Fred Perry type of thing instead of canvas oxfords?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

I just got my PLDR shipment;

-Naked and Famous brown cargo pants fit PERFECTLY, nicest pair of jeans i've dressed my legs with

-Chad Muska jeans are way too tight fitting, will probably give away

-Standard blue jeans for $15 are top quality, nothing special but fit great :)

Even the t-shirt and pair of shorts I got were slim-fitted. This site rocks, even though I had to pay an unexpected 17$ for customs.

hiccup.png

Short sleeves can't really be pulled off well without a lot of pre-requisite styling. It's definitely better to go with long sleeves and roll them up, however I'd say don't pull them all the way to your elbow, roll them up to about 3/4 of your forearms.

Short sleeves can't really be pulled off well without a lot of pre-requisite styling. It's definitely better to go with long sleeves and roll them up, however I'd say don't pull them all the way to your elbow, roll them up to about 3/4 of your forearms.

That brings up a good question; what goes good with short sleeved dress shirts? I only own one myself but I'd still like to know. I'm guessing shorts with low cut shoes and ankle socks, with an ice cold beer :mrgreen: . I already tried wearing my short sleeved dress shirt with (1) dress pants and (2) fancy jeans but both times people just thought I was showing off my new muscles and it felt awkward.

hiccup.png

That brings up a good question; what goes good with short sleeved dress shirts? I only own one myself but I'd still like to know. I'm guessing shorts with low cut shoes and ankle socks, with an ice cold beer :mrgreen: . I already tried wearing my short sleeved dress shirt with (1) dress pants and (2) fancy jeans but both times people just thought I was showing off my new muscles and it felt awkward.

some regular dark jeans would probably work well. or shorts.

why would you feel awkward, i'd be proud if i was yoked

Montreal Boxing week breakdown: I bought Club Monaco selvedge jeans (190$ -> 46.73$ [bleep]ers) which I will be shrinking in the bath shortly and a CM blue gingham shirt (98$ -> 40$) that I have to get shortened the sleeves. Simons was [cabbage]ty, they only have ugly-ass Nudie and G-Star noise. Wasn't expecting anything from H&M so I wasn't really disappointed.

Montreal Boxing week breakdown: I bought Club Monaco selvedge jeans (190$ -> 46.73$ [bleep]ers) which I will be shrinking in the bath shortly and a CM blue gingham shirt (98$ -> 40$) that I have to get shortened the sleeves. Simons was [cabbage]ty, they only have ugly-ass Nudie and G-Star noise. Wasn't expecting anything from H&M so I wasn't really disappointed.

PFFFFT. I'm still standing by Simons, even though there is, admittedly, a growing number of G-Star [cabbage] on their shelves. But brands like Le 31, Djab, (can't think of any others) are top quality stuff!

How'd you like the city? It kinda sucks with all the snow, but you came when it hadn't snowed for awhile so it must've been pretty nice.

hiccup.png

^The Gap, Club Monaco.

fastortoise, Le 31 is anything but top quality. I have at least 8 holes in the back of the neck of the sweater I bought from them this summer... Good thing my mom is good at stitching. The city's pretty cool, it's much better in the spring/fall though, and JazzFest is wicked. I'll try to come and bring some friends during march break.

I bought a gray corduroy shirt at the Gap, somehow managed to lose it within an hour of buying...

Picked up two pairs of jeans today from Pac Sun for $25. Nice pairs too.

Also got some belts from JCPenny and some nice long sleeve dress shirts from clearance. I love the Clearance section at the larger retailers, you can usually find some nice stuff there.

Scorched, I remember you said you were working on losing weight, how has that been coming along?

Also jackthreads is having a Sebago sale. Limited stock (i.e 6 styles, 3 of which are typical boat shoes) but most sizes available. Farah gear is also available. Cool shirts.

It's just a certain steez. Gotta appreciate what you might not wear.