Cars

Atom Smash40

Can't lower a car in Canada, the roads are in too bad a shape for that and is full of holes, probably except Alberta. This means we don't get these ugly lowered cars around here.

Can't lower a car in Canada, the roads are in too bad a shape for that and is full of holes, probably except Alberta. This means we don't get these ugly lowered cars around here.

I see a fair number of them in the GTA

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to show off my new car. Its all stock right now, don't plan to do much to it other than visually, like tint the windows and paint some stuff in the engine bay. Probably a new cold air intake as well.

car7_zps1c78cf99.jpg

Car8_zpsef87ab1f.jpg

car3_zpsc82c589f.jpg

Toying with the idea of putting on dual silver stripes as well like this one:

xw_800_zpsf0131eed.jpg

• Like 1
Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

How much did you pay? (If you don't mind me asking), I have been looking at getting one for the past year or two and have been toying with idea of either a Mustang, Camaro or the Challenger. The only thing that stopped me this summer was the fact the Challenger will be discontinued in a few years and the Barracuda Hemi is set to come out in it's place. My brother currently has a Camaro ss and that thing has some serious umph behind it.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

No words...so much jelly... =P~

• Like 1

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

How much did you pay? (If you don't mind me asking), I have been looking at getting one for the past year or two and have been toying with idea of either a Mustang, Camaro or the Challenger. The only thing that stopped me this summer was the fact the Challenger will be discontinued in a few years and the Barracuda Hemi is set to come out in it's place. My brother currently has a Camaro ss and that thing has some serious umph behind it.

I paid 29k out the door for this one. Sticker was 35.9k. I'll believe the new Cuda once I see it, it will most likely be way out of my price range anyway especially because it will probably be an SRT platform car. Given that the 6.2 Hellcat will be in 2015 and cost a staggering amount compared to the normal SRT8s which already run into the high 40s and 50s i'm not holding my breath for the Cuda. If you really are serious about getting one, check in August or September. 2014 models will be hitting the lots in those months (they start being built in July) and I'm sure you can find deals on leftover 2013s.

No doubt you can get some serious power for the cost of a Camaro or Mustang, Challengers lack the power honestly but have plenty for my needs. They also give me plenty of room, a huge trunk, a back seat people can actually sit in, good visibility in the car, and the roar of a Hemi engine. In 2015 Challengers are getting a HUGE refresh. New interior, more power from the engines, brand new platform basically. I've always loved the Challenger above the others because of its looks, and you see everyone driving a mustang or camaro but don't see as many Challengers. Really a personal preference though. I highly suggest you test drive a Challenger before settling on one.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

I paid 29k out the door for this one. Sticker was 35.9k. I'll believe the new Cuda once I see it, it will most likely be way out of my price range anyway especially because it will probably be an SRT platform car. Given that the 6.2 Hellcat will be in 2015 and cost a staggering amount compared to the normal SRT8s which already run into the high 40s and 50s i'm not holding my breath for the Cuda. If you really are serious about getting one, check in August or September. 2014 models will be hitting the lots in those months (they start being built in July) and I'm sure you can find deals on leftover 2013s.

No doubt you can get some serious power for the cost of a Camaro or Mustang, Challengers lack the power honestly but have plenty for my needs. They also give me plenty of room, a huge trunk, a back seat people can actually sit in, good visibility in the car, and the roar of a Hemi engine. In 2015 Challengers are getting a HUGE refresh. New interior, more power from the engines, brand new platform basically. I've always loved the Challenger above the others because of its looks, and you see everyone driving a mustang or camaro but don't see as many Challengers. Really a personal preference though. I highly suggest you test drive a Challenger before settling on one.

Ah yeah, pretty much in the same boat as yourself. I don't want to pay out the ass for a car either and the challenger seems to be in the right price range. But, when it all comes down to it, it's more or less a summer car because of living in northern Canada. I don't really want to pay 40-50k for a car that sits in my garage for 6 months of the year lol. And yeah, that's my thoughts on the Cuda. I'll believe in when I see it. I've been trying to fight off car fever for the past 2 summers, it's helped my bank account a little but man, what I would do to have my own. I'm not too worried about the price if it's in the right area, my truck I have at the moment is paid off so all I really pay for is insurance.

Maybe later this summer I will look around and consider one, I've got 4 semesters of school left and I'll be in the clear once I am done. I already have a job in the field in going into so it's just a matter of finding the right fit. My brother is quite the idiot in regards to his Camaro. When it's all said and done I think he said it will end up costing him around 70k including interest and what not. Definitely not worth that to sit parked for the better half of a year.

oaM0.png
fXPnd.png

Personally, I love the look of the Charger SRT8. If I had the money I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

It'd be a much better ride than my 10 year old Montana. :lol:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I hope it held value better than mine has. I think I spent more on new tires last year than the whole thing is worth. :P

I hope it held value better than mine has. I think I spent more on new tires last year than the whole thing is worth. :P

Gave me enough to push me over the edge to where I wanted to be with this deal lol but it wasn't anything overly impressive. Had low miles (for a jeep of that year) but needed body work.

My first real mod is on its way. Just a simple catch can to collect all that extra oil and keep the engine clean. Did a full wash, claybar, polish, and wax job on the car yesterday I'll have to get some pictures in the next few days.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Loving the challenger posted a few post back. My cousin has one and it is amazing.

So I bought my first car about 10 days. While the car isn't amazing or anything special, it's special to me because it was my car. I worked for it, looked for it and choose it. I love the little wagon. 2009 Suzuki SX4 5 speed manual. had 52,727 miles on it. Just got done washing it...and took this picture of it. I stood there and everything came full circle. I am damn proud of it.

2nk01e0.jpg

The car drives wonderfully. Has a lot of pep in it, so going up hill in 5th gear isn't an issue. Only issues have been mine with pulling out in first gear, but I love driving a stick :D

I plan on getting fog lights for it installed on it. Also thinking about doing it myself...so only time will tell.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Nice. :thumbup: There's nothing quite like the feeling of owning your first car, is there?

Nice. :thumbup: There's nothing quite like the feeling of owning your first car, is there?

There isn't for sure. I love the feeling!

Hopefully you'll never know the feeling of wrecking your first car.

Let's hope not. I've been in two fender benders...and they sucks so much. Let's hope I never have to go through that again.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Looking for my first car atm, always been a fan of old audis so the perfect option is the s6 avant 94-97. Only problem is that it's hard to find one in good condition in Estonia(only a few of them for sale right now) so I probably have to look towards Germany. And since I have always been a fan of speed but never had the funds to do anything about it, going to turn this into a sleeper. The 2.2l turbo engine is quite durable and with some(maybe more than some :P) modification can produce lots of horsepower. Ideal would be 1000+ in the future but that requires a bit more cash than I can spend right now. Hoping to get something mild together (450-600hp) for the next years One Mile Challenge.

Slow challenger is slow. They are too much of a boat to really move unless its the srt8,then its decent but meh the others are nice looking but just too big for an actual muscle car. Killed one when my car was stock.

Boredom.png

Thats cool with me. I'm past the days of loud sound systems, cool rims, top speeds, etc. I'm not trying to kill myself street racing or trying to show off to kids in matchbox rice mobiles lol. I enjoy a daily driver that looks great, sounds great, and one that resembles the classics more than any on the road which has more than enough power to get up and go when I want it to. Not to mention how many compliments and head turns/stares I get daily....just adds to it!

Just out of pure curiosity might I inquire as to what model Challenger you "killed"?

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Loving the challenger posted a few post back. My cousin has one and it is amazing.

So I bought my first car about 10 days. While the car isn't amazing or anything special, it's special to me because it was my car. I worked for it, looked for it and choose it. I love the little wagon. 2009 Suzuki SX4 5 speed manual. had 52,727 miles on it. Just got done washing it...and took this picture of it. I stood there and everything came full circle. I am damn proud of it.

The car drives wonderfully. Has a lot of pep in it, so going up hill in 5th gear isn't an issue. Only issues have been mine with pulling out in first gear, but I love driving a stick biggrin.gif

I plan on getting fog lights for it installed on it. Also thinking about doing it myself...so only time will tell.

I looked at the SX4 as well as the Kizashi a couple of years ago because they were cheap AWD cars. The SX4 is a great car I'm sure, but I'm glad I have the extra space that a full station wagon provides. Good on ya for getting a stick as well!

Looking for my first car atm, always been a fan of old audis so the perfect option is the s6 avant 94-97. Only problem is that it's hard to find one in good condition in Estonia(only a few of them for sale right now) so I probably have to look towards Germany. And since I have always been a fan of speed but never had the funds to do anything about it, going to turn this into a sleeper. The 2.2l turbo engine is quite durable and with some(maybe more than some :P) modification can produce lots of horsepower. Ideal would be 1000+ in the future but that requires a bit more cash than I can spend right now. Hoping to get something mild together (450-600hp) for the next years One Mile Challenge.

I'm a huge fan of sleepers and would love to do something like a mid-engine station wagon at some point using a Mini Clubman, old Volvo 240, or a '05 Subaru Legacy with something like a Porsche flat 6. Would be nice if you could maintain some sense of reliability with that engine; not much of a sleeper if it blows up.

Thats cool with me. I'm past the days of loud sound systems, cool rims, top speeds, etc. I'm not trying to kill myself street racing or trying to show off to kids in matchbox rice mobiles lol. I enjoy a daily driver that looks great, sounds great, and one that resembles the classics more than any on the road which has more than enough power to get up and go when I want it to.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 1

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

• 4 weeks later...

Time to bump up this topic a bit. I'm not too technical about cars, but with the car I own since today, I really love how it drives. I might not be as rich as some of you, which means I'm still in the lower end with cars, but I think it looks very good (my new car).

You may also notice I changed provinces.

Warning for people with small screens: I have not resized the pictures.

[spoiler=Old car]

15hervd.jpg

33z2x76.jpg

1y8kk0.jpg

Odo in KM of course.

1opr1g.jpg

[spoiler=New Car]

oa0oqu.jpg

11lkkzm.jpg

auwdqa.jpg

2lxt1mc.jpg

1zx9i8l.jpg