Bonecrusher

The_Gabe

It's still very early to tell, but it seems useful.

There are several times when prayer experience is wasted, and could be taken in with some good bonecrushing. I think to how many thousand bones and big bones were wasted slaying; if those were all "crushed" I'd probably have a few extra pray levels. When you think of how inordinately expensive prayer exp is, that makes it worthwhile to me.

If you don't plan on dungeoneering, or want to be prayer free, then perhaps it isn't worth it.

stormveritas.png

for the token cost, id say no. the xp from small and big bones isnt THAT much. your much better off saving up for a chaotic weapon.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

for the token cost, id say no. the xp from small and big bones isnt THAT much. your much better off saving up for a chaotic weapon.

Unless you find prayer really expensive, as I do, spend a lot of time Slaying (drop tons of bones) and don't care about chaotic weapons.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Unless you find prayer really expensive, as I do, spend a lot of time Slaying (drop tons of bones) and don't care about chaotic weapons.

Agreed. I have no interest in the chaotic weapons and I want all my lvls to be minimally 65 so I might as well purchase the bonecrusher as I do frequently slay and not pick up bones. I never train prayer but I recognize it as something I need to train, while not having the money to train it (I'm trying to save up GPz and I only haz 52m)

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

it would be good ,if you had low melee/combat skills and enough tokens for it. it would make it worth the time to use it, for someone with 99atk, 98str, i dont want it, it would be a waste, getting my other combat skills maxed would get me maybe 10 prayer lvls and im happy to pay for them myself.

Sig

Zee_Stardust.png

Zee_Stardust.png

You can pick bones up while in combat and bury while in combat and if you time it right, you won't lose any time in combat, or at least a very small amount. This makes the bonecrusher's ability extremely limited to a convenience, nothing more.

If it were possible to purchase a bonecrusher at 21 dungeoneering (the level to use it), and you were a fairly low leveled player, I could see it being pretty useful. For me, personally, it'd be a huge waste of tokens. I'm 92 prayer, and my tokens are better spent on a chaotic weapon or an arcane stream necklace.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I don't think it's worth it unless you want to get 3:1 ratio of combat:prayer xp at something with 3 hp. If you train on things with higher hp you can get even worse ratios. Even hill giants are like 10:1 combat:prayer xp.

I'd rather just make money and buy d bones.

Lagatag.png

it will be worth it to buy after a lot of other things, if you intend on doing a lot of slaying.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I plan on buying the bonecrusher as soon as I can. I love the idea of prayer xp for just killing something. I don't want to have to recharge chaotic things, they don't interest me. Some of the other prayer and spells or whatever they are (haven't looked too close, just focused on bonecrusher for now) will be in the future, but I definately want the bonecrusher first.

35b9enp.jpg

I plan on buying the bonecrusher as soon as I can. I love the idea of prayer xp for just killing something. I don't want to have to recharge chaotic things, they don't interest me. Some of the other prayer and spells or whatever they are (haven't looked too close, just focused on bonecrusher for now) will be in the future, but I definately want the bonecrusher first.

Same, only I've already planned on Scroll of Life next.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

If you don't plan to get 99 dungeoneering, and you're just playing for the rewards, dungeon tokens should be valued at about 2k per 1 hour.

Bone crusher = 17 hours

17 hours could be:

• 715k prayer xp @ 1m income
  • 1.3m prayer xp @ 2m income
  • 2.5m prayer xp @ 5m income

1m prayer xp = 500 hours while training with bonecrusher. That means for the bonecrusher to be better, you'd need to train for the following amounts of time:

• 357 hours (approx. 50m melee xp) @ 1m income
  • 650 hours (approx. 91m melee xp) @ 2m income
  • 1,250 hours (approx. 175m melee xp) @ 5m income

So unless you're planning on training melees for a very long time, bonecrusher is not worth dungeoneering for. However if you're going for 99/120 dungeoneering and have the tokens, you may as well. But there are many better uses of tokens before you buy a bonecrusher.

If you don't plan to get 99 dungeoneering, and you're just playing for the rewards, dungeon tokens should be valued at about 2k per 1 hour.

Bone crusher = 17 hours

17 hours could be:

• 715k prayer xp @ 1m income
  • 1.3m prayer xp @ 2m income
  • 2.5m prayer xp @ 5m income

1m prayer xp = 500 hours while training with bonecrusher. That means for the bonecrusher to be better, you'd need to train for the following amounts of time:

• 357 hours (approx. 50m melee xp) @ 1m income
  • 650 hours (approx. 91m melee xp) @ 2m income
  • 1,250 hours (approx. 175m melee xp) @ 5m income

So unless you're planning on training melees for a very long time, bonecrusher is not worth dungeoneering for. However if you're going for 99/120 dungeoneering and have the tokens, you may as well. But there are many better uses of tokens before you buy a bonecrusher.

Tl;dr=my earlier post.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I might want one for niche uses:

Falconry - less bone dropping / burying

Champions Challenge gruntwork - might as well get something out of the goblins / hillies / etc.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I might want one for niche uses:

Falconry - less bone dropping / burying

Champions Challenge gruntwork - might as well get something out of the goblins / hillies / etc.

IIRC from threads I've read on RSOF it doesn't currently bury bones that appear automatically in your invent such as those from hunter.

Neither does it bury bone that are on the drop table such as multiple bone drops from bloodvelds.

If it gets buffed to include these, I would get it, otherwise I would pass.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Bonecrusher would be worth it, if bones were more exp.

In my opinion, It would be a waste to spend all your tokens on a bonecrusher, basically it only saves a few hundred clicks.

You would be better saving up for a chaotic weapon or other reward.

:blink:

Just a random note...is it really that hard to just pick up a bone and bury it yourself?

You can pick up drops between your attacks so you don't loose any xp/hr :unsure:

A few situations:

- People who AFK at zombies or bandits, they aren't paying attention

- People who slay - if you are using a cannon and/or an iron/steel titan, picking up bones WILL slow you down because you cannot micro the other things. Therefore the only tasks where you could pick up bones without penalty is hellhounds, if you do them at all.

I honestly haven't found that to be true. I use an iron titan on all the multi tasks I can, and I'm still able to pick up bones between hits. It's honestly not at all hard to time it, and do it right. The only thing I don't do is canon, but the only tasks that seem efficient to canon that even drops bones are Bloodvelds.

The bottom line to the bonecrusher is people are just lazy, or addicted to power training combat stats, even though it's better in the long run to do it with a skill like slayer.

The Bone Crusher is not worth getting, at least not getting it to begin with. You'd be much better off getting a Chaotic weapon, and using that to make money faster, and use then money on Prayer, then to get the prayer xp from a bonecrusher.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png