Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

Buyers remorse. Picked out a new GPU and PSU for my computer to get for Christmas. To be clear, I really have no issues with what I picked, but that damn buyers remorse. I guess electronics are prime for it, you have so many options that each have their little edge, and there will always be a better deal in just a little while. No matter what/when you buy, there will always have been a better way I figure.

Buyers remorse sucks, but I got free games to help me get over it :lol:

people who have everything they need, but say their life is lackluster. A good example being a few famous Youtube vloggers, earning over $200k a year. You get to travel, earn more a year then I've earned my current lifetime, and you say YOUR life is lackluster? Play in traffic.

And buyers remorse. ^ 

Popoto.~<3

people who have everything they need, but say their life is lackluster. A good example being a few famous Youtube vloggers, earning over $200k a year. You get to travel, earn more a year then I've earned my current lifetime, and you say YOUR life is lackluster? Play in traffic.

So, as a side note, here's an analysis of that $200k a year. So it takes a million views on a monetized video to earn $1000. It's essentially a 1000:1 ration of views to dollars. So making $200,000 a year would mean they're getting 200 million views on all their videos over a year. If they put out 1 video a week, which is pretty doable (taking into account planning, designing, prepping, shooting, and editing the vlog, it could take some time to make a video, so 1 a week isn't ridiculously low or anything). That's 52 videos a year, so to make that much, each of their videos has to get 3.85 million views - that's a lot for a vlog. That's a lot for a lets play too - popular LPers (save PewDiePie and other megastars like him) get in the hundreds of thousands of views on an average video, not millions of views.

Let's then assume that they're putting out 3 videos a week. That's a lot of videos a week - if you're putting any level of quality (and you have to to be successful), that basically consumes your life, because coming up with 10 minutes of footage that will be interesting to the entire world in a week is not easy. That's still 1.2 million views per video, which is still a lot.

And 7 videos a week? That cuts the number in half, to 550k views per video. So let's take a second to examine how many views a few popular youtubers are getting. (I'm going to include a couple LPers here, because they have similar success and similar complaints) (Youtubers chosen semi-arbitrarily based on whether I know about them already)

Alex Day - 381,585.16 views/video. $381.59 per video. $124,000 since Aug 29, 2007, for a total of between $20k and $25k per year.

Vlog Brothers (Hank and John Green) - 334,595.2 views/video. $334.60 per video. $376,419.62 since Jan 1, 2007, for a total of between $60k and $65k per year. <- That's pretty good, but keep in mind this is two people running the channel.

Charlieissocoollike - 1,635,506.88 views/video. $1,635.51 per video. $296,026.75 since Jun 27, 2007, for a total of between $45k and $50k per year.

Sethbling - 391,259.11 views/video. $391.26 per video. $197,585.85 since Jan 19, 2011, for a total of between $90k and $100k per year. <- That's a ton of money to play Minecraft all day. But it's still not $200,000 per year.

I'm purposely not including PewDiePie and RWJ, since they are definitely exceptions to the norm. I'd say the ones above are as well, but they're the ones you're complaining about, so there ya go.

Of interest if you want to really examine how much time vlogging multiple times a week takes up, I would recommend the channel bingradio. Most of the videos on the channel are a two year project where Bing shot one video every other day, alternating days between the two years, so he was releasing 7 videos a week, and shooting 3 or 4 per week, for 1 and two years respectively. Towards the end, he starts talking about how it consumes and defines his life and everything he does - he has to worry constantly about whether he'll have enough time to edit and interesting material to shoot and a place to upload, and he worries about whether he can even go out and do things just in case he doesn't have enough time to get things done.

And if you're constantly worrying about your work/career because you don't have time for anything else, I would definitely say that you can call your life lackluster.

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

So cutting someone off is one thing, speeding up the merging lane to cut others is another, but putting your blinkers to come back on the lane after cutting us off? We all know what you're doing [wagon], no need to "make sure we know what you're doing".

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

So cutting someone off is one thing, speeding up the merging lane to cut others is another, but putting your blinkers to come back on the lane after cutting us off? We all know what you're doing [wagon], no need to "make sure we know what you're doing".

Oh, bad drivers. I have a funny story...

Few days ago me and my sister were on our way to the mall. So i'm driving on a 1 lane road (not sure what the correct term is, but 1 lane going each direction). I see this guy on the side of the road, to my right, slowly trying to cur across to the opposite side of the road. Now i'm driving in the suburb area so i have to stay under like 60kmph. As i'm about 10 meters from him he decides to cut in front of me to make a u-turn. I slam on my brakes, and so does he. So now im furious. I have quite bad roadrage. And this is just enough to get me over the edge. So i get out of my car and walk up to the guy. I slap on his window so he can put it down. I start yelling at him about how stupid he is to just cut in front of a car. The next part utterly stumped me:

"Did you not see my turn signal"

Yeah... so people here assume that if you put on your turn signal you have 100% right to do anything you want. Once that baby is on you're allowed to cut in front of anyone. You don't have to follow the right-of-way rules, you don't have to make sure it's clean/open. Nope. Just switch it on and turn. Once i heard that i pretty much exploded. Told the guy to get out of my way. Put your car in reverse, get out of my way. He was trying to say a few more things but then i just threatened to go call a cop. We were actually right outside of a driving school that's across from my house when this happened, and they have traffic police on duty there at all times. I guess he realized he was in the wrong and reversed.

I was just so... i don't even know. Soon as he said "Did you not see my turn signal"... 

Some days i really wish we still had our H2. I would have honestly just kept driving and turned his Nissan Tida into a cup-holder.

I know it's a pretty hard scenario to picture though. Wish i could make a video of it. 

I had no trouble picturing that. Something similar happened to me: some lady cut me off and I had to slam on my breaks.

So I sped in front of her, flipping her off along the way, then braked in front of her. Go. Break. Go. Break. Didn't let her switch lanes neither.

I had my bit of fun so I turn on the street I'm supposed to go. The lady then follows me back to the store (where I work as a delivery driver) walks in and yells at my face. At this point I'm like the troll face "u mad?" because I'm not the one who [bleep]ed up and I was really amused she went out of her way to follow me there. My manger broke it up and told her to leave.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Living with a young family (aka sister/husband/daughter). I have to buy new toiletries once a fortnight because my neice gets into mine, steals them, then either hides them to a point that I never see them again, or breaks them/contaminates them. (like trying to "paint the tiles" with my toothpaste and brush)

Popoto.~<3

I'm not one for road rage, I just continue on my way, but there are quite annoying drivers blocking you from where you have to go and stuff.

Then again I've seen 2 rear-ends in the last 3 days.

I hate bad drivers too, but I don't think creating even more dangerous scenarios as a way of "revenge" is exactly a good idea.

It wasn't dangerous. I didn't slam on my brakes, just slowed down. The former would be dangerous and I'm better than that.

Talking about road rage and slowing down, I did that again today. Some ass behind me had his high beams on in a 1-lane road and he was in a hurry too. Joys of driving 20 mph downhill.

siggy3s.jpg

When you help someone do a piece of work and they get a better mark than you (which is okay, I don't mind that)

but then when they brag about it afterwards "Hey! Wait a minute! You helped me out and I did better than you, how funny!"

No, it's not funny. Shut up.

When you help someone do a piece of work and they get a better mark than you (which is okay, I don't mind that)

but then when they brag about it afterwards "Hey! Wait a minute! You helped me out and I did better than you, how funny!"

No, it's not funny. Shut up.

Similar to that, when you read a friends assignment and it's clearly worse than yours yet they got a better mark.

Neither one of those bother me. I always put more effort into it when helping somebody else, so it makes sense that they would get a better mark. And as that last sentence implies, I never did care much about my own grades, so long as they stayed above failing. I can definitely see why it would bother people, though.

Living with a young family (aka sister/husband/daughter). I have to buy new toiletries once a fortnight because my neice gets into mine, steals them, then either hides them to a point that I never see them again, or breaks them/contaminates them. (like trying to "paint the tiles" with my toothpaste and brush)

This, on the other hand, bothers me. I have had to buy at least a dozen toothbrushes this year because mine keep disappearing. And I seem to run out of shampoo awfully fast for somebody with very little hair. If you use my shampoo, that's fine, but own up to it and buy me a new bottle now and then.

Not the better mark at all that bothers me, it's the bragging about it.

I don't like people who brag about their grades in general because they're being insensitive to those around them who may have gotten disappointing grades.

When I achieve highly, I will call my mother, or family, or possibly tell my close friend about my achievement and celebrate quietly.

I will not run around screaming "I got an A! I got an A!" because I've been on the reverse side and achieved bad grades and had people do that to me and it makes it difficult to be happy for them.

By all means, if you work hard, you absolutely deserve good grades. If you don't and you get good grades, well that's life and some people are naturally smart and have the odds on them.

Do not act like a douche about it, or I will dislike you.

Reminds me of a girl who asked me my grade in Chemistry 2 years ago. I was very disappointed with it but didn't hide it because I thought "Well what's the point, I'm trying to turn it around anyway" She looked at me with a disappointed face and told me "Oh.. I thought you were smart.."

That made me blow up for several reasons.

Grades are not always an indicator of intelligence.

I was already disappointed, what makes me even more upset is sensing others' disappointment in me when it's none of their business.

Makes you angry if you worked hard and underachieved anyway.

I had decided to be honest and get over it and face reality and she just irritated me so much because I'd decided to do that.

Not the better mark at all that bothers me, it's the bragging about it.

I don't like people who brag about their grades in general because they're being insensitive to those around them who may have gotten disappointing grades.

When I achieve highly, I will call my mother, or family, or possibly tell my close friend about my achievement and celebrate quietly.

I will not run around screaming "I got an A! I got an A!" because I've been on the reverse side and achieved bad grades and had people do that to me and it makes it difficult to be happy for them.

By all means, if you work hard, you absolutely deserve good grades. If you don't and you get good grades, well that's life and some people are naturally smart and have the odds on them.

Do not act like a douche about it, or I will dislike you.

Whenever i got an A in highschool i would yell it out as loud as i could. I only had to do this once in my life though. And it was in Gym, so i don't know if that counts. But yeah, i had a friend who was like this. he got pretty much straight A's all through Highschool. He'd rub it in as much as he could. "Oh what did you get? C? Oh that's not too bad. Yeah i got an A. I got an A! I GOT AN A!!!"

No one cares bro. While you were home studying, i was out living life. Highschool grades meant very little to me, luckily. I didn't really need good grades to follow my career path.

• Like 1

For that reason and for the "screwing up the curve" reason, I always feel bad when I do better than the rest of the class on something. Which is sad, because the only time I feel good about an assignment is when I know others didn't do as well, but I can never brag about it to anyone because that never means anything to other people without the context.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I hate when people are like, "I failed that test how'd you do?" And I have to awkwardly lie about my grade

That, but also I don't ask people their grades, so ideally I don't want them asking mine.

Or when they're like "What'd you get?" and you've done better than them so they don't want to say theirs.

Or they can see you've done worse than them and you can see the smug face that basically says "Well at least I'm not like them"