Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

GTA Online. I honestly can't believe how much it sucks.

It's not GTA online that sucks, it's people playing it. Can't play in freemode without someone Killing me unless I'm in a game set to only allow friends/Crew.

GTA Online. I honestly can't believe how much it sucks.

It's not GTA online that sucks, it's people playing it. Can't play in freemode without someone Killing me unless I'm in a game set to only allow friends/Crew.

I haven't even played with randoms. What pisses me off is that I need to rank up and get money to do anything, so I can't just screw around with one friend like in GTA IV. Especially since money-making is so limited since robbing gas stations start giving less than they're worth, and cars can only be sold a a rate of one an hour. I'm not sure if you can turn off the police, and if not, that's going to be a problem in screwing around too. All the components of a great multiplayer sandbox are there, it just doesn't let you USE it unless you play their MMO first.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

That's like a crime against gaming to limit GTA multiplayer like that. This is why we need the PC version, so we can jettison that bull right out the airlock. That there wasn't a cheat to turn off the police in GTA 4 was infuriating for me because I like to pretend to the be the police sometimes. Then I found the LCPD:FR mod and some related stuff and all was good in the world.

As for only one true belief, we recently read Reason in English (one of the stories of I Robot). Certainly gave me some stuff to think about, it's a pretty deep story, and really made me go back and look at how I, and others, view the world.

I still hate pedestrians and cyclists with death wishes. Crosswalks do not have magic force fields, and riding your bike through one is about as legal as me using the sidewalk as a carpool lane.

• Like 1

I still hate pedestrians and cyclists with death wishes. Crosswalks do not have magic force fields, and riding your bike through one is about as legal as me using the sidewalk as a carpool lane.

As a sort of counter to this, I was really annoyed when I literally had to dodge a car when I was in the college's parking lot today. I was standing to the side of an empty parking spot because I was waiting for a car that had just pulled out to move (It was next to mine), and the car behind it decided to cut through the spot I was standing in to get around it.

...I'm sure this is more embellished than what actually happened, but I came pretty close to getting hit today regardless.

Guest Smelly Paws

^ Unfortunately this type of attitude amongst drivers is quite profilic these days.  Courtesy and manners seem to be a thing of the past, and society not only accepts it but follows it as a given.  I often find that this atttitude is relfective of the drivers general behaviour too.  The people at work who drive like that are of the typical "me me me" culture.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all cater to each other? I was walking down to the gym along the road because 1. Cars are uncommon on that road and 2) Pavements are missing. But some douche in his crappy car slowed down and drove so close to me that I could touch his window. I don't know why he would be so annoyed that I'm on the road when I'm walking on the double yellow lines and talking up little space.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

While you do get the pedestrians who take really long diagonals (or just walk down the middle of the road between lanes), yeah, drivers in parking lots should be considered crazy until they prove otherwise. Lack of signaling, rampant cutting through spaces, and in a busier parking lot, you also get a lot of road rage: parking lot bonus edition. That said, having driving in parking lots myself, I can testify that all parking lots everywhere come with invisible parking lot sirens that lure you into driving like a lunatic. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either lying (about having driven in a parking lot more than a couple dozen times), or such a nervous driver they think their car will explode if it crosses a line (maybe they think they have those magical force fields that all crosswalks have when navigated by university students).

I poke fun, but in all honesty, I think everyone has had their moments in a parking lot, whether they are driving or almost being run over.

@Star, please tell me that was in jest, and you didn't actually walk down the yellow lines in the center of the road.

If I run someone over on Halloween night, I'm not even gonna feel morally/ethically bad. I know on that night I'm going to be extra careful, if you STILL get ran over it must be your fault. <.<

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

^ Unfortunately this type of attitude amongst drivers is quite profilic these days.  Courtesy and manners seem to be a thing of the past, and society not only accepts it but follows it as a given.  I often find that this atttitude is relfective of the drivers general behaviour too.  The people at work who drive like that are of the typical "me me me" culture.

These statements in any context. If you're making a blanket statement of any kind, you *have to* substantiate it, otherwise I'm going to just disagree with you no matter your stance on whatever is happening.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I seem to have a superpower that allows me to hone in on people in my classes who don't live on, or near, campus. Even my randomly assigned group in computer labs was composed entirely of people who live no less than 20 minutes away through their available means of transportation. It's not the end of the world, but I would certainly enjoy meeting more new people who live within walking distance.

Getting old games to work is always fun. I've learned that 16 bit games don't work on 64 bit operating systems. I have one of my parents old computers that I think runs XP. It might see a second lease on life at my hands as a retro gaming box depending on what it can do, and how well it still works for some of my oldest games, because VM's have so far either been unable to game at all, or way too good at it (running games super fast making them unplayable). I think the oldest games my PC has running as is are from 2003, but I should be able to get at least some of the earlier ones going (Dark Forces will be interesting. That was out of date on Windows 95, it runs in MS-DOS, so I'll have to look up an LP'er who got it working).

Managed to catch a cold and a flu at the same time, and I have a 7 hour shift tomorrow.

That sucks. I had to work 7.5 hours in the middle of the week (my daily hours during the week) under quite heavy fever because of the cold, so it could be even worse for you here :\.

I am annoyed with cyclists who think they should have same rights on both the pedestrian sidewalks and the road. In an accident, it is near-impossible to trace identity.

I am also annoyed with my new Prime Minister's policies.

'Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.' T.S. Eliot

Not really, if the outcome is new cycling lanes/roads.

Hell, I've cycled many thousands of kilometres within the last 2 years. Bicycle was my only means of transportation and my school was 30 km's away. So 100 km daytrips are nothing too much for me. And I have never had an accident with bicycle. Well, one that had involved anyone else, I have crashed on my own out of carelessness. 

But the thing is you HAVE to be aware of EVERYTHING around you. And as a cyclist, recognize that you are the weakest one. 

And right now I hate the most that I cannot cycle for at least 6 months, because I will be having an open knee surgery and the winter is coming. Which means that I will have to learn to use the public transportation around here, since I am not so hellbent on walking 5-6 miles on crutches every day just to get to my lectures.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

@Star, please tell me that was in jest, and you didn't actually walk down the yellow lines in the center of the road.

We have double yellow lines on the side of the road here in England. I'm too sane to walk in the centre of a road.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

We have double yellow lines on the side of the road here in England. I'm too sane to walk in the centre of a road.

:lol:

I guess it's one of those things that get's lost in translation. Here, you can only find double yellow in the center. The sides of our roads, if marked, are all single white lines (though they tried pink lines for a bit to see if they would be visible in the winter).

Guest Smelly Paws

These statements in any context. If you're making a blanket statement of any kind, you *have to* substantiate it, otherwise I'm going to just disagree with you no matter your stance on whatever is happening.

I've been driving for *many* years and know the people I work with very well.  I've been around long enough to have seen the changes in attitutude.  You'll just have to accept that life experience gives you that much more than googling meaningless stats.  Oh well, your perogative.

I've been driving for *many* years and know the people I work with very well.  I've been around long enough to have seen the changes in attitutude.  You'll just have to accept that life experience gives you that much more than googling meaningless stats.  Oh well, your perogative.

Anecdotal evidence is literally the weakest kind of evidence in any scientific endeavor, especially if all you're doing is citing the anecdote without any regards to the context surrounding it, and why things might appear to be one way because of that context.

For example, my dad always assumes that shitty drivers are women. 95% of the time, if he sees someone pull a stupid move out on the road, he says something to the effect of "Watch it woman!" Even if he had seen earlier that it was a man, and even after I started pointing out when it was a guy driving. So for a while I kept a count, and it was pretty near 50% of the bad drivers were guys, if not a little more. It wasn't particularly scientific, but if a third party asked both my dad and I which gender was a worse driver, which one of us would seem more reputable?

What I'm saying is, it might *seem* like young drivers are getting worse, but I don't think you're really examining the other things around you that are causing it to seem that way. Certainly you yourself are getting older, and distancing yourself from the "young" drivers, so if nothing else you're more willing to associate young drivers with bad drivers because you're not condemning yourself by doing so.

But mostly I was talking about this:

Courtesy and manners seem to be a thing of the past, and society not only accepts it but follows it as a given.

the typical "me me me" culture.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Today, I was approached by THREE(!) different hot girls who wanted to dance with me.

And I [bleep]ing messed up every single time. I do not know hot to dance with someone. Specially sensually.

I [bleep]ing had at least 2 of them in my pocket, IF ONLY I KNEW WHAT TO DO AND HOW TO DANCE.

And now I am going to be out for months for my knee surgery.

I hate myself.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc