Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

I get annoyed by completely unnecessary and sometimes stupid laws.

What bad could happen if meat is properly wrapped and is against a bag of frozen peas for example?

And don't you have meat packaged with only some inert gas in the package?

I get annoyed by unnecessarily short due dates aswell on food items. Eggs for example last a lot longer than the date. You just have to check them. Same with meat and dairy, if it ain't stinking or hasn't changed color or texture, it is good to eat. I still have my butter with best before mid-September and it is perfectly good to eat. Maybe gotten a bit yellow and dried on the outside, which can be peeled off to reveal perfectly good butter inside. You know they used to have no fridges and people were ok?

Due date on dry stuff... Forget about it.

And besides, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I may get like diarrhea for maybe a day, but it ain't coming so easily the next time.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I get annoyed by completely unnecessary and sometimes stupid laws.

What bad could happen if meat is properly wrapped and is against a bag of frozen peas for example?

And don't you have meat packaged with only some inert gas in the package?

I get annoyed by unnecessarily short due dates aswell on food items. Eggs for example last a lot longer than the date. You just have to check them. Same with meat and dairy, if it ain't stinking or hasn't changed color or texture, it is good to eat. I still have my butter with best before mid-September and it is perfectly good to eat. Maybe gotten a bit yellow and dried on the outside, which can be peeled off to reveal perfectly good butter inside. You know they used to have no fridges and people were ok?

Due date on dry stuff... Forget about it.

And besides, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I may get like diarrhea for maybe a day, but it ain't coming so easily the next time.

Well, the worst thing that can happen is that the plastic film gets punctured and deadly bacteria gets all over your other food then you die a week later.

And yeah I think most people are aware that expiration dates are just the latest date that the manufacturer can guarantee freshness. That's different from eating rotten food, though, that gives you [bleep]ing diarrhea. Like seriously, don't do that. That's how you die. It doesn't make you stronger.

• Like 1

Here in Canada it depends what store you go to, although those that have people there to bag your food for you are more expensive than stores where you bag your own food. You do have to either pay for bags or bring your own though.

If there are that many deadly bacteria on meat, then how can you eat it anyways?

And do you have your vegetables and fruits and other such stuff you eat raw simply loose in a bag? Don't you rinse them beforehand?

And I've only had diarrhea because of bad food maybe 3 times in total. In my whole life. I trust my nose and it has served me well so far.

And diarrhea as in not lasting over a day.

But well, I have a pretty good stomach aswell, handled brushing teeth and such with regular tap water in Egypt and Indonesia. And local foods from the stand. And fresh juices. And pretty much anything. And not a single time any problems.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but it's because cooking the meat to a suitable temperature for a sustained period of time kills the bacteria.  And no, washing it doesn't help.  You can't just run raw meat under the sink and expect it to be perfectly fine - same goes for any fruits/vegetables that come in contact with it.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

As I said, fruits and vegetables are in their own small see-through plastic bags. Double protection.

And not once in my life have I had a puncture in the plastic film around meat.

And deadly bacteria? Why ain't all tigers and dogs and other animals dead then?

There is a very-VERY slight chance there might be anything deadly.

I rather believe the problem is that everyone nowadays lives in super-sanitary conditions and immune system has no contact with anything even slightly harmful. Thus it loses it's power. And therefore there are so many allergies and simple sicknesses.

I ain't ever had flu or any bad diseases yet as a small kid I used to live in the countryside, playing outside every day. Eating a bit of grass or sand or something happened. Nothing happened to me, even though according to some papers online I should have died ten times over because of some dysentery or other shit.

But I am just ranting here. The world ain't turning back anyway.

• Like 1

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Why can't you eat raw beef?

There are people whose entire diet consists purely of raw meat.

And I don't know about the states, but here the local food gets here the next day. While packed in protective gases and cooled.

Which means not so many deadly bacteria.

t3aGt.png

Etc, etc

Nicotine withdrawal. I haven't smoked a cigarette in 18 days and I can't breathe, I'm gaining weight, and I feel really bad overall.

Can you get a patch or something?  Good job on quitting so far though!

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Powerpoints. I was studying for a test tomorrow, and the lectures are available only as powerpoint slides in a .pptx format, but I only have open office's version of powerpoint, which doesn't support .pptx very well. It reads it, but the format gets [bleep]ed up badly.

MS Office has a promotion for college kids to get the suite free, but when I tried to do that tonight, it didn't recognize my school email, which means my school probably didn't opt in. Sad stuff, I wanted it pretty badly tonight.

The test is open note/book/computer, so I'm going to take my laptop in and try to use it to cover what I'm missing in my notes, but I hope I don't have to rely on it, because fixing the format mid test is going to be a [bleep].

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Is it a possibility to borrow someone's computer for a few minutes and make a PDF out of the powerpoint slides?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Oh, that's actually q really good idea that I didn't think of. I think I can do that at work today.

Nice, thanks Arceus.

Oh, that's actually q really good idea that I didn't think of. I think I can do that at work today.

Nice, thanks Arceus.

Yep, best of luck on your exam :P.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

Powerpoints. I was studying for a test tomorrow, and the lectures are available only as powerpoint slides in a .pptx format, but I only have open office's version of powerpoint, which doesn't support .pptx very well. It reads it, but the format gets [bleep]ed up badly.

MS Office has a promotion for college kids to get the suite free, but when I tried to do that tonight, it didn't recognize my school email, which means my school probably didn't opt in. Sad stuff, I wanted it pretty badly tonight.

The test is open note/book/computer, so I'm going to take my laptop in and try to use it to cover what I'm missing in my notes, but I hope I don't have to rely on it, because fixing the format mid test is going to be a [bleep].

Switch from OpenOffice to LibreOffice. It's also free and open source, but LibreOffice is actually still supported and can open docx/xlsx/pptx files.

I have a pirated CD of office 2007 that works flawlessly, the retail price of office is insane.

Microsoft might be an exception, but in general the more people that pirate software, the more they have to charge the remaining legitimate buyers and it just creates a vicious cycle.

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

I exported the files to pdf before class, and it worked beautifully. Saved my ass on a couple questions.

Test went okay. Better than I was worried it would.

I find in math that when I'm stuck on something, I ask myself what specifically I'm stuck on. Is your algebra/trig rusty, or are you having trouble with the new concepts? If it's the former, work on that instead of trying to wrap your head around why u-substitutions work. If you're stuck conceptually on the new material and you have your prerequisites down, THEN watch the kahn academy videos on whatever you're stuck on. They're called prerequisites for a reason. If you don't know how to interpret graphs, don't bother trying to understand the definition of the derivative yet. I'm not trying to put you down. You either placed out of pre-calc/trig or passed it. Myself and almost everyone I've talked to this about agrees that pre-calc is harder than calc 1. If you could do that, you can definitely do this. Oh, also, you're probably going to have to take calc 2 at some point if you have to take calc 1, and what I said about prerequisites goes doubly for that. Know what you're supposed to know and don't trick yourself into thinking you know more than you do.