Things that annoy the HELL out of you.

Assume Nothing

• 2 weeks later...

Too many memes coming up and too much extremism in this forum that I've known and loved for years.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Too many people on League chase kills in dominion and I keep losing because the IDIOT TALON DECIDED CHASING A TARIC WAS MORE USEFUL THAN CAPPING THE WINDMILL.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

The price of alcohol here, just spent $95 on 3 two sixes and 3 imported beers.

I know it's ridiculous.  I don't drink but I do know the prices and I'm happy I don't spend so much on something that really does nothing for me.

-

My physics homework when I spend 15 minutes looking at a damn question which should only take me about 3 minutes.

• 2 months later...

Visual Studio is a piece of shit software and Microsoft should be ashamed of it.

Visual Studio is my favorite IDE I've used and every time I switch to something else I find myself missing features or at least button shortcuts from it.

But I recognize that I'm pretty inexperienced and maybe don't qualify for a super informed opinion, so...

• Like 1

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Visual Studio is a piece of shit software and Microsoft should be ashamed of it.

Visual Studio is my favorite IDE I've used and every time I switch to something else I find myself missing features or at least button shortcuts from it.

But I recognize that I'm pretty inexperienced and maybe don't qualify for a super informed opinion, so...

Eclipse is by far my favourite

I just use Sublime Text with a terminal. Atom is a disgrace and a sickness of the "WEB ALL THE THINGS" movement. A code editor should not have any absurd performance issues on any reasonable hardware. I dislike vim and emacs because they're esoteric abominations and I cannot use bizarre key combinations/shortcuts to save my life.

The build process is taken care of with a build generator (e.g., premake/cmake for C/C++) for heavier things. Generally, if I were to release whatever I develop, I'd have to go back and create a build generator configuration anyway, since IDE-specific solutions are hostile outside of the specific IDE they were created with and oftentimes any machine but the machine it was built on.

Not to mention IDEs are just too heavy and cumbersome. It's easier to edit a configuration file, rather than dig through a dungeon of menus and use mouse-centric input fields for lists and so many other woes...

ozXHe7P.png

I just use Sublime Text with a terminal. Atom is a disgrace and a sickness of the "WEB ALL THE THINGS" movement. A code editor should not have any absurd performance issues on any reasonable hardware. I dislike vim and emacs because they're esoteric abominations and I cannot use bizarre key combinations/shortcuts to save my life.

Hey, JavaScript is nothing to be afraid of :P

My issue is the incredibly poor performance of applications that are little more than a WebKit instance, like Atom. JavaScript itself has nothing to do with it.

ozXHe7P.png

My issue is the incredibly poor performance of applications that are little more than a WebKit instance, like Atom. JavaScript itself has nothing to do with it.

It's mostly because it's a new technology. It performs perfectly fine on most machines, just some OS and hardware combinations have problems. Using Electron/NW has a lot of advantages so I'm just glad I don't have one of those bad combos

The build process is taken care of with a build generator (e.g., premake/cmake for C/C++) for heavier things. Generally, if I were to release whatever I develop, I'd have to go back and create a build generator configuration anyway, since IDE-specific solutions are hostile outside of the specific IDE they were created with and oftentimes any machine but the machine it was built on.

Not to mention IDEs are just too heavy and cumbersome. It's easier to edit a configuration file, rather than dig through a dungeon of menus and use mouse-centric input fields for lists and so many other woes...

Eclipse has always performed really well for me. Coding in a text editor is too cumbersome for testing and debugging, I do like Sublime for HTML though.

Idk about other languages, but there aren't really any IDEs for JavaScript that have good debuggers. WebKit's debugger is the best by a mile, so I'd much rather run my app through iron-node if I want to debug it. Using a built-in debugger doesn't really get me anywhere.

And idk how much an IDE would improve testing. Maybe my workflow is wrong, but when I'm testing, I just type npm test into my terminal and it runs my test script. I haven't used an IDE since college, though, and back then I definitely didn't write unit tests lol so I don't really know what IDEs do different wrt testing

Eclipse has always performed really well for me. Coding in a text editor is too cumbersome for testing and debugging, I do like Sublime for HTML though.

Eclipse took five seconds to open on my computer (Intel i5-4670 / Samsung 840 Pro SSD / FreeBSD 10.2). Opening any Java source file takes a minimum of two seconds to display. (And there is a pointless close confirmation box, too. Excellent UI design!)

Sublime Text takes less than a second to open. Opening the same Java source file (2 KB / 100 LOC) takes less than a second. Opening a 350 KB / 12,000 LOC C source file takes around a second to display.

Atom is worse than Eclipse, but it's not in ports or in the packages so I can't see how much more.

I very much dislike how incredibly bloated software is becoming. I use a multitasking operating system and would like to keep it that way.

ozXHe7P.png

• 3 months later...

[bleep] cars. Today I had *another* window lift go out. That will be the 3rd one I've replaced in 2016. I would just say screw it because I don't really roll down the rear windows that much, but the window won't stay up unless it is taped up.

It isn't that hard of a job, but it's getting old.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”