kid gets detention for eating a jolly rancher

michel555555

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lul our teacher always gives us cookies and jolly ranchers and candy and crap its awesome

poor kid...i think lik ei said it should be based off of bmi what people can and cant eat

"i have a glandular problem" nice excuse for being fat bro

mck.pngMck.png

Noobs: We pay we say

JaGeX: How much will you pay?

Detention for a third grader is probably like playing games or reading a book for 20 minutes, I'm sure she'll be fine. [cabbage], detentions in high school are basically just sitting there quietly or doing homework.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

Detention for a third grader is probably like playing games or reading a book for 20 minutes, I'm sure she'll be fine. [cabbage], detentions in high school are basically just sitting there quietly or doing homework.

Detention irl is going to prison. You'll be fine.

Detention irl is going to prison. You'll be fine.

Hate to break it to you, but school IS real life.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I don't see how you aren't allowed to bring what you want to eat during lunch, as long as it isn't an illegal substance. If the parent brought a note in saying their child was permitted to bring a sugary snack, would that affect anything? I really don't get why she was punished.

here in norway, there is no way to punish students in school for being noisy etc. Detention doesn't exist, adn you are by law guaranteed a written warning before a suspension can be imposed upon you. A written warning every term. Noise etc. is obviously a huge problem, as teachers really don't have any authority.

I'd much rather be a little on the hard side when instigating a new rule, than letting things slip, loosing the authority many have come to take for granted.

I believe the schools should be teaching children not too overeat or consume too many sugary snacks to prevent obesity, but they really shouldn't be taking such immense actions such as banning them.

I believe the schools should be teaching children not too overeat or consume too many sugary snacks to prevent obesity, but they really shouldn't be taking such immense actions such as banning them.

The only kids that will listen are the ones who already know/care

mck.pngMck.png

The only kids that will listen are the ones who already know/care

That's not a fact, just your opinion.

It is a fact however that kids will be kids, and just because an adult tells them to eat their vegetables doesn't mean they will do it. Kids think on their own a lot more then you'd think. If you have a little brother or sister try it out yourself, most kids will not do what they are told, instead the opposite. Try telling your little brother or sister to calm down and be quiet, they just get more annoying, not always, but a good portion of the time kids think for themselves and disregard authority.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

It is a fact however that kids will be kids, and just because an adult tells them to eat their vegetables doesn't mean they will do it. Kids think on their own a lot more then you'd think. If you have a little brother or sister try it out yourself, most kids will not do what they are told, instead the opposite. Try telling your little brother or sister to calm down and be quiet, they just get more annoying, not always, but a good portion of the time kids think for themselves and disregard authority.

Kids will do a lot of things for someone they admire. They can also tell when someone tries to get them to admire someone and will do what that person doesn't want.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I don't think this is that unfair.

As others have said, there was a rule, and she broke it.

It's easy to say that you can't control what they eat at home, and in fact this is precisely the reason schools have begun limiting consumption of junk foods and the like there. Parents don't seem to care, despite the negative repercussions, so another place where a child learns and is disciplined is where it is natural to enforce something.

Just looking at the basic story it seems like a lot, once you think about it you can at least see their reasoning.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

It's a Jolly Rancher! My 5th grade teacher used to give them out all the time!

Schools should not be able to regulate what you bring to school to eat (within reason; if the kid's bringing vodka, confiscate it) and I know kids bring awful lunches, but they never told us what else she had. Maybe her lunch was a PB&J on wheat, with applesauce, a cheese stick, yogurt, and water/light sports drink, and the Jolly Rancher was a little treat. (tbh, that's what I have most days for lunch, instead of candy I have some cookies though).

So I think this enforcement is definitely too harsh, and that schools really shouldn't have this jurisdiction. Before you can police food kids bring, make your own food all healthy and all tasty all the time.

Lol. And yet you can get a warning for possession.

I'm actually glad when I hear articles like this: every time I know that a few more parents are considering removing their children from the influence of such a monstrosity, and probably a hell of a lot more are considering joining the PTA.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

This is so stupid. Really? Going to give a weeks detention for a piece of candy? I can understand the school system limiting the amount of junk food in the schools. In our school my 10th grade year, the vending machines were replaced with ones thst just sold water, the food vending machines sold only healthy snacks, and the snack bar only sold rice krispy treats and water. But I think the school system can not stop you from brining in your own food, unless that has changed. I used to bring soda, snacks, and junk food to me and give them to friends for lunch. Teacher would ask where I got it from and I said I brought it from home, and she would leave us alone.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Odds are the kid didnt know of the rule lol

rules in 3rd greade:

Be nice

Keep hands and feet to selves

The End

mck.pngMck.png

Odds are the kid didnt know of the rule lol

rules in 3rd greade:

Be nice

Keep hands and feet to selves

The End

Yea, and even if he did, I could totally see myself at that age going: "Wow, that's such a stupid rule... my teacher isn't actually going to enforce it.!"

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

Can't believe a kid getting a detention made it to the front page, and usually I don't care about shock threads at all...

She broke a rule and got a harsh punishment, [cabbage] happens, she will learn that.

And now she has a story to tell in a few years when a random conversation drifts into the primary school days topic :P

Doomy edit: I like sheep

[bleep] them, and their law

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

[bleep] them, and their law

How long did you sit there trying to think of something to write?

what

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

Rules is rules.

And those that blindly follow rules need to learn better judgment, otherwise we'll all be doomed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪