Lesser Known Bands

ryderj716

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half of these bands I can only laugh when I read them.. I mean there was a guy that posted "radiohead" on page 6.. do these people really consider their bands "lesser known". :?

Radio-wha? *cough :wink: *

My favourite bands (don't even have to add lesser known, they're mostly Belgian bands so err, yeah) are dEUS, Soulwax, Daan, Absynthe Minded and Sioen.

Any non-Belgians who know these bands?

Oh and, Sigur Ros (Iceland) is in a weird way fantastic.

:-s Sigur RÃÆÃâÃâós have made a steep rise to the top of the postrock genre here. Half a year ago they were stuff for alternative music fans, now they're common and even on the radio from time to time.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

since almost everything i listen to is in some way out of the ordinary i figured i would post my whole collection

bands in green are fairy popular

bands in black and blocked out are innapropriate for this board

check some out. ive got all types of electronic, experimental, post rock, indie, folk, rock & roll, metal, and everything in between

musiqht1.jpg

shorty2av.gif

Shorty427-96 CB merchanter/skiller banned 6/27/04

The Jakal-109 CB 99 Range/Magic/Fletching, 80 runecrafting.

Kirby1288-101 CB skiller 99 fletching.

Wow, I just looked at my last post in this thread and my tastes have completely changed.

I just got off a 7 hour shift but i'll name a few off the top of my head that are actually underground (not like some I posted earlier. Sorry I was an idiot)

Elliott Smith

Pavement

Superwolf

The Faint

Pavement

Brandtson- only heard one song though

Of Montreal

(I'll possibly add more later)

Side notes-

-Never heard Streelight Manifesto but it sounds like they're getting pretty popular

-I enjoy the Artic Monkeys although they're not really underground anymore

-Artic Monkeys

Check out Giant Drag, who are spearheading a new genre of nu-grunge.

Also, the Morning After Girls, who's debut album Shadows Evolve resemble what the new Primal Scream album SHOULD have sounded like.

Other than that the whole "new rave" genre kicking off here in the UK is pretty great.

sw1.jpg

Hawkwind was a great band form the 70's metal btw. it had lemmy kilmister in it form motorhead, many people dont know about that band because motorhead just took off. but its great music. try jailbait etc.

moose67.png

Bowling For Soup

They've had a hit or two but it seems when someone asks what I'm listening to and I saw 'Bowling for Soup' they get a confused look on their face.. Their cd's are full of great songs and I'd recommend checking them out if you have some free time.

definetly not lesser known, they're not bad...however.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Dropkick Murphys - Sunshine Highway, Spicy McHaggis Jig, Guns of Brixton, and my favorite

"Tessie! Nuff said McGreevey shouted, we're not hear to mess around! Boston! You know we love ya madly hear the crowd roar, to your sound, don't blame us if we could ever doubt ya, you know we couldn't live without ya! Red Sox! You are the only only oooooooooooooooooonly!"

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse in Your Soul, Constantinople, Dr. Worm, Whistling in the Dark

Bronson Arroyo (All cover songs) - Destiny, Plush

Hot Hot Heat - You Owe Me An IOU