Why is it that (seemingly) all higher level players....

Huge Noob

Too lazy, too many click, need to multi-task, less time wasted. Rich players with over 100M+ so, it's not needed.

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I will pick up gp piles that other people leave.

I'm also fond of those people that leave steel battleaxes and such on the floor. It gives me free magic experience.

I don't care about efficiency. I'm playing a game.

This ^

If i was ever in a time crunch on Rs , i'd logg off then and there.

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

I will pick them up if they are large enough. I don't hit all the little < 100 drops, but if it's a sizable pile, I'll scoop it up. They stack, and I usually have coins from high alching anyways.

FWIW, I pick up pennies in real life also.

Aside: this would be a nice addition for Dung 2.0 - a coin magnet or piggy bank that would automagically pick up coin drops. Sort of like the bonecrusher, but for coins.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I've been fighting zombies these past couple months and I usually get 10-12k in coins per trip. Not bad at all.

You should look up the monster database to make sure how many coins the monsters drop. If I was killing Tormented Demons I would pick up the coins, if I was killing Bloodvelds, I would leave the coins on the floor.

Obviously, the people that don't pick up coin drops believe die-hard that other potential drops from the monster will make them enough profit to call it a success. Although coin drops certainly add up during a long task, it is commonly thought that it is more worthwhile picking up a single rune dagger instead of multiple drops of coins of the same value. Even when you'll eventually alch the dagger anyway.

I only leave coins behind when my inventory is truly full or when I have near zero attention span due to being not very sober or just tired from a busy day. I sometimes pick up other peoples abandoned coin piles too, much to their amazement. Their loss! :wink:

dontfearthereaper2.png

After using MTK with Royal Trouble, I no longer bother picking up those coins, because frankly they don't even add up in comparison. If it was piles of over 1K I would consider it, but anything less and it's a waste of time. It helps that piles over 1K look different on the ground compared to piles less than that.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I pick up my coin drops. Along with other people's. It adds up after awhile and I always have at least a few coins on me. :grin: Sure I get stuff from MTK and other things that other people sell for huge profits but I tend to use/keep most of what I get. (I'm one of the people that money just... happens to. Granted, it takes forever for me to get any as a result...)

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

If theres a coin drop and an item drop that i want i'll pick up both since i'm there anyway. i usually just leave coin only drops though.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I pick up coins without losing any time at all. Although I can't say I do this for gargoyles with the advent of the "auto-crush" or whatever it's called, alongside their aggressiveness I have no need to do more than check the previous monsters drop while killing the next one. It would be different if I had to click to attack the next one anyways.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Because I make 3m gp/hr boss hunting, or 600k gp/hr and a fair bit of slayer xp slaying. If I pick up GP I get like 40k gp/hr, and lose out on A LOT of xp. I don't even pick up any charms but blue anymore.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

It's just not worth the extra time and effort, basically.

This. Even if it does happen to get to 10k in a task, which is unlikely, it's easy for many higher leveled players to simply go catch implings for five minutes, kill a few green dragons, etc; it just isn't worth the time with all of the other ways to make money.