Post count

The Observer

Quality over quantity.

Are these mutually exclusive or something? I feel like some people infer that if a person has a lot of posts, there's this inverse relationship that makes it so the quality of their posts decreases.

They aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, but it seems that way in some cases moreso than others.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a forum user. I read posts. I post when I want to post. I don't base people on post count or join date, I read as I read. I think the thing that influences my reading the most is who is writing...

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

@Saruman- Here's one for you ;):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOcAWn7Rp9s

The child's a genius. If he was a poster on TIF, I'd take good notice of every one of his posts. It's only safe to assume - the older he gets, the smarter he'll become.

While I understand the vast majority of children wouldn't do anything even remotely close to that, that's a living proof that "agism" is just plain off wrong. Listen to the person, regardless of their age, and if they make no sense, ignore it. Many adults make no sense either, and I doubt they did when they were children, and not because they were children.

I think you'd be glad to know there are quite a few 11-14 year olds that are... "Economical Geniuses". Thinking about this rationally, when it comes to economics, I'd be glad to hear their opinions over many other adults, for example.

As I said, soft in years does not equal soft in wisdom. That "stereotype" (if you can even call it that) came from the fact that the older you get the smarter you get. You can still be smart as a kid, or dumb as an adult. Kids shouldn't be disregarded so easily and quickly.

I can't stop laughing at 4:40-4:50 in the video.

Child: They call me a Gaywad.

Reporter: Gaywad? What's a Gaywad?

Child: I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it's a discriminatory name against homosexuals.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

That kid's pretty damn brilliant for his age, even though he's still a bit timid in my opinion.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

That kid's pretty damn brilliant for his age, even though he's still a bit timid in my opinion.

Most kids are. ;)

Yeah, although I wouldn't quite know, my childhood died around when I was 6 and I was pretty much hated by everybody in school and socially up until I was... 14, all because of some rumors and illnesses I went through, amongst other issues? I became bitter and cynical way too quickly.

Most kids are. ;)

I wasn't. Anyway, he sounds like a gaywad :thumbup:

I love how on this thread, a lot of posts are by Mods.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I use postcount as the entire basis for my judgement of the user's personality, character, and post. Frankly, people who don't have more than 6k posts should just be ignored, especially the trolls. This makes Nadril the embodiment of All That Is Good And Desireable.

C2b6gs7.png

I really don't see how that kid is a genius...On that note, I can't believe this is actually on the news. And with this issue of liberty and justice, the only thing he chooses to pick out is gay marriage? And I seriously doub tthat he has mnay gay friends at age 10... Sorry if this is off topic, but that really is a terrible illustration of your point romy.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I really don't see how that kid is a genius...On that note, I can't believe this is actually on the news. And with this issue of liberty and justice, the only thing he chooses to pick out is gay marriage? And I seriously doub tthat he has mnay gay friends at age 10... Sorry if this is off topic, but that really is a terrible illustration of your point romy.

Yea, it may be, but it did get everyone OT, lol.

I can't really see him having that many gay friends, and the way his dad acted throughout the video bothered me, a little bit strange, rather pushy. I doubt that he decided to do all of this without some form of parental involvment or consent, although he should be commended all the same. In terms of intellegence, I wouldn't be suprised if he's slightly autistic - I have a friend who was almost exactly like that around that age. Rough life ahead of him, if this incident is to be considered precedent.

"Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security."

Support transparency... and by extension, freedom and democracy.

I only care when i'm close to hitting a 1k marker.

All other times anybody without a coloured name does not register as having an opinion ;)

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I use postcount as the entire basis for my judgement of the user's personality, character, and post. Frankly, people who don't have more than 6k posts should just be ignored, especially the trolls. This makes Nadril the embodiment of All That Is Good And Desireable.

I read your post, I saw your post count,and I laughed. =D>

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

You obviously have to be pretty smart if at the age of 10 you analyze what you swear for, and refuse to on the basis of what's happening in reality. Even adults often ignore these things.

I don't see how you can miss his brilliance.

Oh, and he did mention racism, sexism, etc.

To negate the off-topicness - I was a lurker before I made this account. At some point I just decided to, I have no idea why. To my recollection, I did care about postcount at first. Today I couldn't give a damn. :P

I naturally spam, tbh. It comes out of my obsession with foruming, so my post count goes up quick. I don't *really* pay attention to it though.

I've been on a forum where there was a thread you were SUPPOSED to spam and chat in, I aimed to get 100 posts per day because people on that forum had like 40k posts and the more posts you had the more friends you would make and the more likely you were to be given responsibility or attention <_< Ended up with 15k posts eventually :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Has anyone else noticed everyone with 50- count talks like "Amg u r a jurk to meh go die in a whole trole"?

It can be important. Sometimes I don't even read those posts because I can't decipher what they're saying.

Paragon.png

I honestly don't even take notice of post count anymore. I've been on forums where i've been one of the top posters then they just dissapear..so now i pretty much just post in topics i want to instead of trying to improve a number, guess that makes me a lurker :P .

I'm alright with this.

I tend to ignore it unless it's someone posting something ridiculous, or if the account looks like it was created for the 'wingman' debate thingy.... Meaning it was just created and only to post the same opinion as a user I'm arguing with in a debate thread.

Would much rather pay attention to signature/avatar.

Maturity fits into that equation somewhere, too. Sometimes, I'm actually shocked at how young some of our posters are. Sometimes, it doesn't surprise me at all. I have to admit, it's very obvious when a 13 year old posts, verse a 20 year old veteran of TIF. But sometimes, the young ones surprise me with intriguing threads, and thought provoking posts. It's rare, but it's happened.

This, though. A lot of the younger members of this section at least seem much older than they are.

Maturity fits into that equation somewhere, too. Sometimes, I'm actually shocked at how young some of our posters are. Sometimes, it doesn't surprise me at all. I have to admit, it's very obvious when a 13 year old posts, verse a 20 year old veteran of TIF. But sometimes, the young ones surprise me with intriguing threads, and thought provoking posts. It's rare, but it's happened.

This, though. A lot of the younger members of this section at least seem much older than they are.

I've found this intriguing. Not aiming to push this off topic, but a lot of the time many posters think I am much older than I actually am which would come as a surprise when I release to them my real age (if you're curious, visit my profile, it should be there).

But building onto what others have said. I have found that those with a higher post count tend to be a lot more mature than those with lower post counts. (I am not saying that those with lower post counts are immature, I'm just stating that it trends point to the more posts that someone makes on this forum, the more the posts improve.) I suppose that's a little sub-concious judging that I have there.

j0xPu5R.png

I'm alright with this.

Nadril is a real man. Unlike all of us.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I'm alright with this.

Nadril is a real man. Unlike all of us except that really awesome kid Jaerkd00d.

Yeah. I completely agree.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!