Post count

The Observer

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people with a lower post count are noobs, people with a higher post count have no life. :rolleyes:

To be completely honest, I try not to look at it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Has anyone else noticed everyone with 50- count talks like "Amg u r a jurk to meh go die in a whole trole"?

It can be important. Sometimes I don't even read those posts because I can't decipher what they're saying.

I usually don't read posts of people who have a "Signature Removed" sig. Wait a minute, I just contradicted myself. Hmm...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Before you hate upon someone for simply having a low post count, remember that we were all there once.

This coming from a guy with >1k posts.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Reg date is much more important. It shows that you've been around to know how this forum works, increasing your chances of making a good post.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

Post count doesn't really bother me. It's the sort of posts where people would rather just post a smiley and nothing else, that really bothers me. I think as long as their posts include something of a discussion to the topic, then it's fine. I was in a thread the other day and there were literally 3-4 posts consisting of just:

:blink:

Which really frustrates me because it serves no purpose.

I only post if it's something I'm interested in discussing or debating about, not for a number :smile:

Post counts are overrated. It's all about how long you've been with the forum.

Edit: I agree with the quote above. How long someone has been on tipit forums is greatly respected in my books. It shows how loyal they are to the fansite. They may or may not be active in tipit events (which I would assume is another concept of becoming popular amongst the tipit community?), but it shows they don't need a number to prove something :)

2vuhgcn.png

I usually never look at the post count unless someone posts with extremely poor grammar/spelling. Then I take a look to see if they're new.

Edit: I agree with the quote above. How long someone has been on tipit forums is greatly respected in my books. It shows how loyal they are to the fansite. They may or may not be active in tipit events (which I would assume is another concept of becoming popular amongst the tipit community?), but it shows they don't need a number to prove something

A lot of the old members of the community are more so just loyal to the forums side of things :P. Heh, I've been here for over 8 years now and I don't think I've looked at the actual fansite in 5 or 6 years. (nor have played RS for 6 years or so).

Completely OT: Killerred is only 23 days older than me.

The main reason I'm making this post is to find out how many I have...

I used to be excited and kind of spammy when I'd be about to hit a new rank, but since I became TET I can't do that anymore.

Tbh, I don't notice post count or join date; I look at if I've heard of them often, so that does kind of contain both. But I won't not read a post just because it's from a newbie. And I am equally judgmental on everyone with regards to spelling and grammar errors.

Honestly, post count is the only reason I've bothered staying on these forums for this long. I guess it has to do with me being addicted to things that have very clear measures of progress and gain, not dissimilar to the reason I got addicted to RuneScape.

As of lately, however, I can't seem to find it within myself to make a post. And if I do get as far as actually typing up a post, most of the time I wont even press the submit button. I'm not entirely sure why, but it seems to have to do with some bout of emptiness and lack of motivation to voice my opinions, thoughts, and feelings that I've noticed in other realms of my life, too. It's all pretty strange, as along with my strange new behaviors, I feel more extroverted socially than ever before.

[iNSERT "I R EATIN TEH SHIX ATM" BILL COSBY SIGNATURE GIF HERE, LOL]

Am I the only one here who honestly cares about PC? Wow. We got some liars up in here. And no Rocco, just no.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Am I the only one here who honestly cares about PC? Wow. We got some liars up in here. And no Rocco, just no.

Is it hard to believe not to? I focus on the post itself I already know how active that person is by their name.

Register date is pointless also because someone could be a mild troll, not get banned, and remain here. Same idea goes with post counts but with spammers/ bigger trolls.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I agree with l0rd on the whole number things. I like the idea of being able to count and measure your progess, hence Runescape, and also another eason why I enjoy the number side of cricket so much.

rosssigfinal.jpg

I agree with l0rd on the whole number things. I like the idea of being able to count and measure your progess, hence Runescape, and also another reason why I enjoy the number side of cricket so much.

And explains why you don't watch soccer. :XD:

One day I will have 10k post count.

Then I will stop worrying about it.

One day I will have 10k post count.

Then I will stop worrying about it.

Same here to be honest. :P

Side note: Massive post count jump since I last saw you. :mellow:

j0xPu5R.png

Oh look. It's another insipid meta-thread.

Anyway, post count as an indication of the quality of a user's post is not a good thing to go by. There are a few people with 2,000+ posts on this board that certainly don't post stuff that I would call "quality", but that doesn't necessarily mean they're bad posters. Join date is equally superficial.

What's with all this "I don't trust links from users with low post count" stuff? It's probably the silliest thing I've ever heard anywhere. You should know if a link is suspicious or not and not have to look at the user's post count to make your decision for you.