Well, this looks fun. (VERY nsfw)

ember3579

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk

Do NOT watch this video if you're somewhere that lots and LOTS of violence by "normal people" standards will get you yelled at.

Okay, for those of you who watched the video (or are lazy bastards and don't want to see what condensed awesome looks like), here's a summary of the goings-on. The director for The Dark Night made this video as a resume of sorts to "ask" Warner Brothers if they'll let him try his hand at a new movie rendition the Mortal Kombat series. Apparently, there's 2 main key points that are different in this from previous attempts; one, Scorpion's the main character of the movie. My mind was officially blown out of my ear sockets when I saw this, by the way. Two, they dropped the supernatural aspects of the Mortal Kombat universe from this one. I'm a little depressed about this one, but if they do good, then I don't care. Personally, I will damn near guarantee that if Warner Brothers DOESN'T hire this dude inside of a month, then the whole crew's completely bat-[cabbage]. Keep in mind that this was all done as a sales pitch, NOT a trailer for an existing movie.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Actress Jeri Ryan of Star Trek: Voyage fame appears as Sonya Blade in a Mortal Kombat trailer dubbed "Mortal Kombat: Rebirth" that popped up online. Is it a game trailer? A movie trailer? Tell us, Jeri, tell us!

"Okay, so... Mortal Kombat," she tweets. "It's not a game trailer. Actually was made for the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film."

Ryan said she did her role as a favor to a friend. "No idea yet what WB's reaction to it was," she adds. I can tell you what my reaction was: stoked.

While a Mortal Kombat film was directed by Paul W.S. Anderson (of Resident Evil movie fame) in 1995, an updated take on the franchise has been languishing in development hell. However, a lawsuit has been filed by the development partner of the original film as it signed a contract in 2006 to do a sequel.

The Mortal Kombat: Rebirth short was helmed by Kevin Tancharoen. He directed last year's Fame remake.

yes.png

NSFW my ass, this is an office email where i work! LOL.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Looks good. I wonder how they are gonna make Goro not be a supernatural underworld prince or whatever.

They're probably going to either cut out people like him or give them some mechanical assistance (if civilians have working prototypes of brain-controlled prosthetic limbs, what do you think the military/underworld has?). I'm personally interested in seeing (assuming they get the go-ahead, which they bloody well should) 1) just who they are going to have in the lineup, and 2) what sort of things they'll have access to. The main thing I'm worried about is the translation from supernatural to realistic; at least SOMETHING is going to get cut, but what exactly is what worries me. Either way, this looks like epic win in a can.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Atm it's just a fun project by Kevin Tancharoen,

Did you know Kevin Tancharoen, the man behind yesterday's amazing Mortal Kombat short, shot it in just two days? And that much of the work was done for free? You do now.

Tancharoen say down for an interview with Collider earlier today, and spoke about how the short film was made, and what he hopes to do with it now he's got the internet's attention.

"It took over a two-month span of time", he told the film website. " I shot this whole thing in two days on two Red cameras that were donated to me with a group of friends who all believed in the cause."

"It all started at the beginning of April and it took two months to do all the post and the editing. I edited it myself and the visual effects were great people donating their time. It turned out to be pretty awesome. I was very, very happy about it."

While confirming that it was a personal project, and had zero involvement or blessing from Warner Bros. (who now own the Mortal Kombat rights), Tancharoen does say it was made with the intent of getting a Mortal Kombat movie off the ground, with him as director (he's had experience with...Fame).

Hopefully this will get picked up and made, cause it looked awesome

http://kotaku.com/5559726/how-the-mortal-kombat-short-was-made-and-what-happens-next

yes.png

If he isn't hired, and this doesn't happen. I'll cry. End of story.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Wanna know what REALLY blows my mind about the whole bit? The fact that it was done with 2 days of filming and less than 2 months of editing. Even WITH top-notch people on the ball for this, that's insane for the quality they put out.

This is full of win, looks awesome!

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

• 2 weeks later...

Man, for fathers day at the movie store they had ten copies of the first two Mortal Kombat movies bundled together and the guy at the store told me and my mom they were perfect movies for dads, and that I would probably enjoy them.

I told the guy I'm not stupid, I've seen them. They sucked.

He kind of walked off. I hate stores like that.

This looks like something I would take my father to see though. I really enjoyed all of it. I would definitely see this and it looks like a really good step for the series to go.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

Please, oh god, please. Let this become a reality.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Well, if they were going to do a 'mainstream' Mortal Kombat film, they'd pretty much have to cut all the ridiculous supernatural elements. I loved the character design shown in the trailer. I think that the way they're doing things in the trailer (a 'natural' explanation for supernatural features) is definitely the way to go.

Looks freakin' awesome! I hope this gets made into a movie. :ohnoes:

|| ex-LGZ High Council || ex-T0 Member || ex-LND Member||

puritysig3.png

^ click ^ Proud Divine Knights Clan MW2 Member. Wanna get wrecked? ^ click ^

Well...the fighting looked like some good martial arts. Its strange though, that it seems like he wants to make the movie about a bunch of hardened criminals.

Most of the MK characters have a story of being trained in asia in martial arts...like sub zero was trained with monks and such. Now it looks like theyre gonna make him into Mr. Freeze basically.

Interesting concept.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON