Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

I just bought a Rapier. I tried it out a bit in clan wars, and tbh, I wasn't too impressed by the accuracy or high hits. Okay, I did 2 hit a guy once (550 440), but all in all it didn't seem that game changing as I hoped it would have been.

On slayer however, it absolutely owned. I managed to hit a 701 on a dark beast as my max (this was including dfs and str amulet for max non pvp armour str bonus). I timed 10 min of pure rapiering (no claw specs) and came out at 38.4k slay xp per hour. That's pretty damn impressive, for pure melee'ing.

After that, I tried mith drags. I used ardy cloak and onyx (i) for extra accuracy, but it still sucked. I only brought a few tuna, thinking I would manage with soul split, but I tellied out after one drag...

Gonna try KBD now.

thats an impressive 150k+ melee xp/h, slightly more than dhing monkey skeletons

however with rune defender even tho ur max will be about 5-8 lower youll be getting prob 40k slay/h and 160k melee/h im sure you already know this tho

i calced the max hit on an ice strykewyrm at 729 and judging my my rapier hits with piety im pretty sure ill be able to be hitting over 700 by the tiem i get 95 str

tbh i dont care if ls is better for bosses because slay is all i care about, only boss i ever do is corp solo/attemps so unless a chaotic spear came im fine with rapier

a_final_name.png

I just bought a Rapier. I tried it out a bit in clan wars, and tbh, I wasn't too impressed by the accuracy or high hits. Okay, I did 2 hit a guy once (550 440), but all in all it didn't seem that game changing as I hoped it would have been.

On slayer however, it absolutely owned. I managed to hit a 701 on a dark beast as my max (this was including dfs and str amulet for max non pvp armour str bonus). I timed 10 min of pure rapiering (no claw specs) and came out at 38.4k slay xp per hour. That's pretty *** impressive, for pure melee'ing.

After that, I tried mith drags. I used ardy cloak and onyx (i) for extra accuracy, but it still sucked. I only brought a few tuna, thinking I would manage with soul split, but I tellied out after one drag...

Gonna try KBD now.

Did you use defender? With bandos I can easily tank miths by switching between prot mage and ss. I can even solo KBD with just ss...so you're doing something wrong...

edit: no def pots used

Rune defender yeah. I just used purely soul split though, no switching to protect. I did only one dragon, so maybe I was unlucky...

Also, for whoever is interested:

Just did a few duels with someone with CLS (I have rapier).

I am maxed melee, he was 99 str, 96 att, 92 def.

We duelled with bandos tassets + chest, everything else off. No prayer and no food either.

The outcome was 11 - 7 for the guy with the CLS. At first it went very even, until 7 - 6, then he kept winning until 11 - 6.

To be honest, those duels only confirm how good cr is not how good the cls is... The setting you used is the worst case cenario a cr can be in comparison to cls(high def, no accuracy boosting items) and it still came out that well... Do remember thet every accuresy/strength boost is used much better on a faster, inferior(by percentages) weapon. I'd predict a 10-7 outcome on maxed/no pots/pray with bandos/def/fury/fire(ardy for cr) cape etc and even better if pots/pray allowed.

Bedman, duel me with all armor on, no prayer or pots? I have CLS.

Was thinking about doing that with a friend who is getting CLS today, but I would gladly try it out with you too. Don't have too much time today though. I neglected my work (got exams) yesterday, planning to do a bit more today, so we'll see where I get. Probably something for tomorrow, but you never know I give in :D. Add me if you can;

I think it would be more useful if you tested both with and without turmoil, but not soul split as that would just prolong the tests.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

The problem with not using Turmoil/Overloads/etc is that in any situation where people will actually use the weapons (bosses or Training) they will be using Prayer and potions. If the longsword can outhit the rapier without pots/Prayer but the rapier outhits the longsword with, then there's no point getting the longsword (and visa versa).

10xy5fk.png

Personally I bought a CLS and am very happy with it, I also bought an Arcane Stream and next plan on the Chaotic Crossbow and then probably the Chaotic Rapier. The difference between the CLS and Rapier is very small in my opinion.

CLS is actually really good. I was leaning toward rapier but I did some clan wars yesterday. Some kid in full vesta, CLS, and divine beat me. I'm maxed/turm/OL and he 3 hit me. Multiple times!

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

^ basicly summarised, althought rapier is better i think jagex did a very very good job balancing the dung items so even tho have my opinions i think theyre well balanced

I completely agree. I would given the chaotic crossbow and staff a little more accuracy, but I think they're very balanced overall.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I think that the crossbow is completely worthless, and not worth initially spending OR risking several hours for 10 extra accuracy because I assume that xbows won't protect over crap, but that may not be the case.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

That would be more the maxed stats, Vesta and Divine than the CLS. What were you wearing?

Torags + DFS + other tank gear

Divine doesn't contribute to damage

Vesta's bonuses arent THAT large

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

^ basicly summarised, althought rapier is better i think jagex did a very very good job balancing the dung items so even tho have my opinions i think theyre well balanced

I completely agree. I would given the chaotic crossbow and staff a little more accuracy, but I think they're very balanced overall.

back when staff was 15% dmg it was useless but now at 20% it has some use, however due to all the things sol can do i would add a few more side effects to make it usefull

bow isnt that usefull, 10 accuracy can matter at arma solo but for anything else its dumb, my idea to make crossbow better would be to give the crossbow 10 range str, it would increase hitting a bit for all bolts and would make it more dmg than rune as it should be, would also be the first ever non ammo to give range str, which i think for at least a bow it should add dmg, not jsut accuracy

a_final_name.png

That would be more the maxed stats, Vesta and Divine than the CLS. What were you wearing?

Torags + DFS + other tank gear

Divine doesn't contribute to damage

Vesta's bonuses arent THAT large

I meant the all round owning of you rahter than just the damage. :P The point I was trying to make was that even with a whip or rapier, you'll hit very often in that gear.

back when staff was 15% dmg it was useless but now at 20% it has some use, however due to all the things sol can do i would add a few more side effects to make it usefull

bow isnt that usefull, 10 accuracy can matter at arma solo but for anything else its dumb, my idea to make crossbow better would be to give the crossbow 10 range str, it would increase hitting a bit for all bolts and would make it more dmg than rune as it should be, would also be the first ever non ammo to give range str, which i think for at least a bow it should add dmg, not jsut accuracy

The staff has always been +20%.

10xy5fk.png

This stupid sword fails beyond anything at PKing. It's like some kind of terrible hybrid of whip and godsword, and has all the weaknesses of both and none of the strengths. The speed is stupid and slow enough to allow for 2 eats in between each hit, so comboing is impossible with this piece of (expletive). The strength is just high enough to kill YOURSELF on vengeance but not get an effective KO like the maul. It hits BELOW where most people eat... The accuracy fails so hard that you only hit every other hit, and rarely ever get a combo.

I have turmoil and PK with defender, standard rune, and glory. And I still lose 2 out of every 3 of my target fights against idiots with whip or AGS.

Hell, whip and defender is a far superior weapon to this gray piece of... 2 out of 3 fights the whip will run me out of food before I can even get a chance to KO.

Already tried hybriding with it, it fails just as hard. The point of the melee weapon hybriding, at least to me, is to try to kill the other guy when he switches to mage gear... which requires either a single high hit (AKA AGS), or consecutive lower hits that he cannot eat through (Whip). CLS is the [developmentally delayed] child of both and can do neither of these things.

/Rant. Don't get it, get the maul or the rapier, instead of this piece of garbage. It's too bad I can't return it for HALF the tokens, because I'd gladly get another 100k tokens to get the superior weapons.

-------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: For all the trolls who will automatically say I suck at PKing:

I'm maxed 75 defense with turmoil. I'm talking about EDGE PKing, you know, the one that takes absolutely no skill whatsoever?

Eat when below their max hit, venge when you think you can combo, pizza plus rocktail when you think they are about to spec. I'm not a downie...

My point is that in the game of generating random numbers hoping for a KO, the CLS absolutely FAILS at generating the random numbers you want. Can't combo, can't KO, can just sit there and waste the other guy's food until he AGS specs you a 650.

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1397007-chaotic-long/

Chaotic crossbow balanced? I would never waste 200k tokens on that garbage. 10 accuracy is NOTHING compared to the effort needed to obtain it and the fact that there are other FAR SUPERIOR weapons to buy at that price make this weapon god awful for the ammount of time spent vs reward.

IT would need a special attack 20+ range bonus and range str bonus for it to be anywhere NEAR what chaotic staff and chaotic rapier are offering.

EDIT:or increase the speed by 1. Then range can finally combo?

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Chaotic crossbow balanced? I would never waste 200k tokens on that garbage. 10 accuracy is NOTHING compared to the effort needed to obtain it and the fact that there are other FAR SUPERIOR weapons to buy at that price make this weapon god awful for the ammount of time spent vs reward.

IT would need a special attack 20+ range bonus and range str bonus for it to be anywhere NEAR what chaotic staff and chaotic rapier are offering.

Ugh no, the chaotic staff is worthless aswell :P

The crossbow won't get a special attack simply because none of the weapons have one. I think it's a good idea to increase it's speed to that of Karil's crossbow. The staff should be given a 25% damage boost and +20 magic attack. Then all the chaotic weapons are somewhat balanced in my opinion.

The crossbow won't get a special attack simply because none of the weapons have one. I think it's a good idea to increase it's speed to that of Karil's crossbow. The staff should be given a 25% damage boost and +20 magic attack. Then all the chaotic weapons are somewhat balanced in my opinion.

25% would make magic invincible tbh. Chaotic staff can't really be buffed or debuffed because magic is already godly since arcanestream. Maybe just the added magic attack though.

Yes chaotic cbow obviously needs some serious buffs, increasing the speed is a good choice.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Err no? Firing bolts at xbow speed? Are you crazy? Max of karils is around 300, while xbow can hit up into the 460s with rune bolts and void.

Err no? Firing bolts at xbow speed? Are you crazy? Max of karils is around 300, while xbow can hit up into the 460s with rune bolts and void.

Or have you forgotten what the chaotic rapier can do? :wall:

arcane_stew.png

25% would make magic invincible tbh. Chaotic staff can't really be buffed or debuffed because magic is already godly since arcanestream. Maybe just the added magic attack though.

Yes chaotic cbow obviously needs some serious buffs, increasing the speed is a good choice.

I sort of agree with you on the chaotic staff but I also disagree at the same time haha. Yes you can't really upgrade Magic too much because even a simple 5% damage boost can make things overpowered. But please do consider the time it takes to get a chaotic weapon. A rapier can hit around 500 at an amazing speed. Ice Barrage would be able to hit 508 if the staff would have a 25% damage boost and spells take 3 seconds to cast. However, Magic is just so damn accurate that it might overpower it indeed.

Well, compared to the other chaotic weapons I do think it's somewhat balanced... not sure though.

I sort of agree with you on the chaotic staff but I also disagree at the same time haha. Yes you can't really upgrade Magic too much because even a simple 5% damage boost can make things overpowered. But please do consider the time it takes to get a chaotic weapon. A rapier can hit around 500 at an amazing speed. Ice Barrage would be able to hit 508 if the staff would have a 25% damage boost and spells take 3 seconds to cast. However, Magic is just so damn accurate that it might overpower it indeed.

Well, compared to the other chaotic weapons I do think it's somewhat balanced... not sure though.

Karils cbow is 7 speed on rapid / Max hit 46ish?

Chaotic rapier is 6 speed / MAx hit 55+???

YOM YOM

arcane_stew.png

does anyone else get the idea this wont matter since more rewards will probably come in batch 2?

id love a chaotic spear, it would be same speed as longsword, have about +134 str, and anywhere from 110-130 stab/crush, similar to how spear is best in daemonheim

or maybe warped weapons

a_final_name.png

does anyone else get the idea this wont matter since more rewards will probably come in batch 2?

id love a chaotic spear, it would be same speed as longsword, have about +134 str, and anywhere from 110-130 stab/crush, similar to how spear is best in daemonheim

or maybe warped weapons

Ahhh, the elusive batch 2.

I doubt it will be as good as you people make it out to be. It will probably end up getting fixed by batch 5+.

arcane_stew.png