Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

It's sad because I had been waiting for the day where Jagex actually made some weapons where the fastest wasn't the best choice (as usual).

Now I await chaotic spear or warped gear ;)

Vls is still the best weapon in game(mostly beacuse of special), so no, fastest isn't always the best. Also vesta spear is best for corp, which is long speed aswell.

Well obviously certain weapons have a niche (for corp or fiends, etc), but generally speaking, fastest typically is best, which is unfortunate. CLS is missing the special attack, which I'm sure is more than likely the bigger part of why a VLS is 15m or whatever it is.

rapier still does way more dmg than vls

and cls + claw spec > vls, its also like 100x cheapre meaning that vls is now entirely useless

vls is the only pvp weapons thats useless now, all the armors are good, stat ham spec rapes corp, and v spear rapes corp so now vls just blows

Nobody is gonna risk their CLS or rapier. (claws protect over it, right?).

Also, cls isn't that good as a main weapon because you can eat twice per hit, so perhaps even whip + claws is better than cls + claws, following that logic.

I said that vls > cr, as in a weapon against another. With claws added in, then yeah, cr would be better unless you have unlimited spec rests, in which case vls is better than anything, 1 spec per 23 or so seconds....

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I said that vls > cr, as in a weapon against another. With claws added in, then yeah, cr would be better unless you have unlimited spec rests, in which case vls is better than anything, 1 spec per 23 or so seconds....

maybe if your pking but thats it, as an overall weapon rapier does way more dmg, and its about teh same as cls as an overall weapon

like i said only pking, for bosses or slayer people usualy take a spec wep with them, meaning chaoitc + a spec weap is a better combo in almost any situation in rs

also most people arent willing to pay 18m/h, which is why only for pking its better

a_final_name.png

I'd like to add to the above posts:

Jagex has said that they are considering making it possible to gain back a previously bought Chaotic weapon for a lesser cost, so the factor of time into cost might change, depending on the method required for reobtainment.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Lep, as far as i can tell, the video says nothing at all... cr is clearly getting owned and getting a lucky ko... Also isn't the rapier guy maxed? because he couldn't hit at all. That mush have been the unluckyest streak of nonhits....

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Lep, as far as i can tell, the video says nothing at all... cr is clearly getting owned and getting a lucky ko... Also isn't the rapier guy maxed? because he couldn't hit at all. That mush have been the unluckyest streak of nonhits....

The other guys combat level was orange to him. But as far as luck goes, you can say the CLS guy was lucky hitting that much or vice versa that the CR guy was unlucky missing that much. You're right that it doesn't say much though, just thought I'd post it. Need more than just 1 fight.

Such a small sample size is irrelevant in any case. I mean, that were maybe 50 hits? That's nothing to draw conclusions from. It does show however that a rapier, allthough it doesn't hti as high, might be better for outhitting someone because you can only eat once every attack turn (and twice with the longsword)

Was there ever a consensus about what the better choice is for general use? As in, you boss hunt just as much as you slay, pk, etc.?

Rapier

Long is better at bandos/tds/sara, rapier everywhere else.

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1397007-chaotic-long/

Rapier is better at bandos says the youtube vid earlier posted so I would assume the others follow the same pattern aswell.

From a few pages back, but just noticed this post

What ever happened to that Chaotic long video where the guy got 200kc on a bandos solo?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

It's sad because I had been waiting for the day where Jagex actually made some weapons where the fastest wasn't the best choice (as usual).

Now I await chaotic spear or warped gear ;)

Vls is still the best weapon in game(mostly beacuse of special), so no, fastest isn't always the best. Also vesta spear is best for corp, which is long speed aswell.

Well obviously certain weapons have a niche (for corp or fiends, etc), but generally speaking, fastest typically is best, which is unfortunate. CLS is missing the special attack, which I'm sure is more than likely the bigger part of why a VLS is 15m or whatever it is.

rapier still does way more dmg than vls

and cls + claw spec > vls, its also like 100x cheapre meaning that vls is now entirely useless

vls is the only pvp weapons thats useless now, all the armors are good, stat ham spec rapes corp, and v spear rapes corp so now vls just blows

Doesn't matter that rapier has more overall damage. in pvp, it's about ko potential. If your opponent hits 100% 200 damage, it's hella accurate for sure but unless lag is added, no way of getting a ko. Which is why spec weps exist. The VLS has incredible accuracy AND a special attack. You have to be insane to use a cls and claws instead. First of all, losing either of those is an incredible setback. Second, it's not as good for ko's as whip+claws, or scim+claws. Why? Because with cls+claws, you have to flip to claws and pause for the spec according to cls speed. Gives em plenty of time to heal up, and if they were stupid enough not to eat then they deserve to be ko'd with whatever you have. With a whip/scim and claws, you spec right away after switching. Maybe a rapier+claw combo would be deadly (consistent hits AND good ko) but that's where VLS beats it out, simply because it involves less risk and no switch.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

nope, actualy overall dmg means everything about whats the best weapon, as far as xp gained, # of things killed, the overall dmg is everything

if you think a good weapons is only something with ko potential, something that hits high then gmauls the best weapon in the game, have fun with it

a_final_name.png

nope, actualy overall dmg means everything about whats the best weapon, as far as xp gained, # of things killed, the overall dmg is everything

if you think a good weapons is only something with ko potential, something that hits high then gmauls the best weapon in the game, have fun with it

lateswitching chaotic maul->gmaul is better.

theuberelite has a few vids of it.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

I'm almost sick of having a Chaotic weapon. I use it for slayer, and I'm constantly bombarded with "Haha, chaotic, nice life loser!". It's really quite annoying. And when I reply that it only took 3 weeks to get, and that that can hardly account for my entire life, seeing as how I'm operating a computer which most 3 week olds can't do, they just laugh more and say that if it only took 3 weeks I must have really no lifed it. Nothing can convince them that that was 3 weeks of casual playing. <_< The idiots on this game just annoy me to no end.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'm almost sick of having a Chaotic weapon. I use it for slayer, and I'm constantly bombarded with "Haha, chaotic, nice life loser!". It's really quite annoying. And when I reply that it only took 3 weeks to get, and that that can hardly account for my entire life, seeing as how I'm operating a computer which most 3 week olds can't do, they just laugh more and say that if it only took 3 weeks I must have really no lifed it. Nothing can convince them that that was 3 weeks of casual playing. <_< The idiots on this game just annoy me to no end.

your post had lots of words, no lifer.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

You quoted me, no lifer. :grin:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

I lol'd.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This post makes me want to finish up my dungeoneering even more, so that people can be so jealous of me that idiocy just starts spewing from their mouths as I destroy everything around them. <3:

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

This post makes me want to finish up my dungeoneering even more, so that people can be so jealous of me that idiocy just starts spewing from their mouths as I destroy everything around them. <3:

That's one way to look at it I guess. I mean, sure, they may act like they're better for not "no lifing", but when you kill 2 monsters for every 1 they kill, I don't think they really have room to talk. (really, I was at iron dragons earlier, I was taking care of 3 spawns while a lvl 137 with a whip and antidragon breath shield just sat at 1 spawn.)

They're just jealous, so they put you down to try to make themselves feel better. Don't let it get to you ;)

td2sig.jpg

lateswitching chaotic maul->gmaul is better.

theuberelite has a few vids of it.

very true, you know that could max at like....700 480 480.....holy cow thats a 1680, meaning even if they had pray melee on and you did 60% dmg ud still be able to 1 hit them with 99 hp!

dear god what if we threw in a blitz.......

or even....hand cannon + maul combot switch for quick hit with gmaul, max of about 550 700 480 and they cant full pray it cuz either way one will hit

i do think maul may be best for pking, ive seen maul own longsword, both get 2 eats in between

whats underestimated on mual, since people just visualise the dmg, it has 167 crush which compared to ls at 120 slash thats incredible accurate, ive seen that thing hit 75% against full rune

maul is my second choice because i want to use it for 2hitting waterfiends, one of the slower slayer tasks will be greatly sped up

a_final_name.png