Chaotic Rapier vs Longsword

Lep

i think batch 2 might have few more chaotic melee weapons, and i think they should add a chaotic shortbow and chaotic longbow, so u get 3 range weapons that are 3 diff speeds (cbow 5 long 6 short 7)

maybe keep the longbow super accurate at like 150, or make it give like 10 range str to make it equal to short

the staff sucks we know that, however mage cant say they got screwed out of this because arcane stream necklaces are better than the staff can ever be, better than melee and range got

seriously max mage went from 15% to 35%, dont view it as "we got 5% more mage dmg that sucks" mage realy got 20% more mage dmg so that boosted mage by juust as much as a rapier to whip comparison

a_final_name.png

Range is suppose to be worse than melee, a xbow that deals the same dps as melee would be way too overpowered.

No range is supposed to be at a disadvantage vs melee because melee armor has high range defence. Weapons have no play in this unless you count the fact that melee has all the godly ones....

HURR!

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

Was there ever a consensus about what the better choice is for general use? As in, you boss hunt just as much as you slay, pk, etc.?

Rapier

Long is better at bandos/tds/sara, rapier everywhere else.

Was there ever a consensus about what the better choice is for general use? As in, you boss hunt just as much as you slay, pk, etc.?

Rapier

http://forums.zybez.net/topic/1397007-chaotic-long/

Rapier is better at bandos says the youtube vid earlier posted so I would assume the others follow the same pattern aswell.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

How can you say that when all you saw was a rapier video and not a long video side by side?

when a rapier hits consistently (few 0s) speed is worth more than the extra str of any weapon (whip over godswords for general training). the question therefore relies very much on the accuracy of the rapier. it's statistically better based on stats and speed, if it hits well. The long has to hit well either way, so it doesn't really matter too much in action, unless it hits practically every time.

I don't know what's best in these specific situations though. i know i have a rapier, and am saving tokens for later use, after batch 2 (possibly/probably more rewards). i'd hate to waste 2m exp worth of tokens on a weapon if there's something else i'd want too :D

How can you say that when all you saw was a rapier video and not a long video side by side?

You do realize someone posted 2 of those....

arcane_stew.png

Rapier

dunno about sara or bandos

but godswords were great at TD's

wouldn't the chaotic maul be best for TD's then?

The problem with the CLS is that it's usefulness is smooshed in between the maul and the rapier

Naaxi.png

Rapier

The problem with the CLS is that it's usefulness is smooshed in between the maul and the rapier

As stated in the zybez thread

arcane_stew.png

Rapier

Exactly what I was thinking, but what is really important is whether a godsword is better than a rapier at tds for anyone who will most likely only get one barring some major structural changes...like me.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Exactly what I was thinking, but what is really important is whether a godsword is better than a rapier at tds for anyone who will most likely only get one barring some major structural changes...like me.

In my experience, Whip = GS at TD's. I've had a long history of killing TD's with both and the killrate is about the same. Whip is just more APM intensive.

I think it'd be safe to assume GR > GS at TD's.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Granite Rapier :o

There is a G rapier in game but i'm in serious doubt of it's usefulness at TD's.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

*CR.

<_<

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

It's sad because I had been waiting for the day where Jagex actually made some weapons where the fastest wasn't the best choice (as usual).

Now I await chaotic spear or warped gear ;)

Vls is still the best weapon in game(mostly beacuse of special), so no, fastest isn't always the best. Also vesta spear is best for corp, which is long speed aswell.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

It's sad because I had been waiting for the day where Jagex actually made some weapons where the fastest wasn't the best choice (as usual).

Vls is still the best weapon in game(mostly beacuse of special), so no, fastest isn't always the best. Also vesta spear is best for corp, which is long speed aswell.

Well obviously certain weapons have a niche (for corp or fiends, etc), but generally speaking, fastest typically is best, which is unfortunate. CLS is missing the special attack, which I'm sure is more than likely the bigger part of why a VLS is 15m or whatever it is.

Well obviously certain weapons have a niche (for corp or fiends, etc), but generally speaking, fastest typically is best, which is unfortunate. CLS is missing the special attack, which I'm sure is more than likely the bigger part of why a VLS is 15m or whatever it is.

rapier still does way more dmg than vls

and cls + claw spec > vls, its also like 100x cheapre meaning that vls is now entirely useless

vls is the only pvp weapons thats useless now, all the armors are good, stat ham spec rapes corp, and v spear rapes corp so now vls just blows

a_final_name.png