Magic is overpowered

howbadisbad

I sooo want an arcane stream so i can be overpowered like these guys.

His magic hits higher than his range lmfao.

Taco limey also has an arcane stream too :L

Comments on Jamflex making melee and magic way awesome with dung while range once again is left behind?

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>implying using near max mage with a necklace that takes a while to get and protects over nothing on people in melee armor and welfare makes mage overpowered. Also, notice what style hes knocking people out with most of the time,through melee armor.

Although I do think jagex screwed range with dungeoneering.

How hard is it to make a Ranged piety and stick it up there with the other rewards? Same thing with Mage/Ranged turmoil and the chaotic weapons.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

I also have an arcane stream necklace. I did some hybriding with a friend today and I was hybriding with magic and range and I was hitting much more often and harder with magic. Range is good, but magic is better. But the arcane necklaces have a ridiculous low death value. I wouldn't risk mine in dangerous PvP. I hate melee. They rely on lucky specials too much.

i agree. mages just own now. rangers need karils and hand cannon to even stand a chance, and range tanks? forget it.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Watched the first video and well, looking at the constant good loot, he propably dies quite a bit. As for magic being overpowered, he never purely maged and hybriding really makes sense if you can switch that fast. As for magic being overpowered, i don't think a max mage can easily defeat a max ranger so propably not, though the new max hit of 50+ is scary.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Arcane streams reallly hard to get...

If they risk that, they deserve to kick ass.

hard lmao? i got 68 dungeering without trying its anything but hard. Boring and repetitive yes but definitely not hard. and at only 300k exp to get 1. that's 1 day of work if u kinda try.

Edit: once u get around 60+ then the exp fly's but before its a little slow.

Range has always been a great skill, generally with little risk in comparison to mage and melee, they could kick ass.

Sure, mage and melee got favored a bit with the dung update, but its not gamebreaking.

Especially because the people in those vids are using all combat styles, not just mage, melee or range.

--------------------------

Also, arcane stream costs 30k tokens, at 50k XP an hour, thats 6 hours of work. And when its so easily lost in PVP thats nothing to be laughed at.

O.O

Posting a vid where a guy is hybridding in max gear is not really a good example IMO. That first vid is pretty damn insane though. He's pking in ranger boots, pvp armour, divine, morrigan javs, arcane necklace and whatnot and he has switching skills. No wonder he owns like that

EDIT: I really really detest all those losers that hang around Taco Limey. Don't they have better things to do?

Thats why I am making a 50 combat/99 mage pure !

with 10 hp....?

Yes, do Witch's Potion for magic, then curse your way to 99.

OT: I think its just how well magic synergizes with melee and range. All of the vids should hybriding, which magic is used as a core. Since you do not need a weapon to use magic well, and you do not need armour to use range/melee well, it is simply perfect for that purpose.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

EDIT: I really really detest all those losers that hang around Taco Limey. Don't they have better things to do?

I donno, they could always... Cut trees or sumtin.

Good point, shouldn't have added that second sentence, way too easy to counter. :(

Thing is, it's plain annoying IMO. Can't really give a reasonable explanation for it (at least not right now).

You risk like 50k with a rune cbow and dhide and a couple of bolts with range, while you risk 6 or more hours of dunging and 6m in ahrims with mage?

No I actually risk 300k and 500k if i want to be able to have a chance to ko when i go range pking (morg javs). Wearing dhide and bolts means your gona get wrecked in 1 dds spec. (experience L)

EDIT: I wasn't meaning in just dangerous pvp btw, it's everywhere, in castle wars/clan wars mage is absolutely godlike with an arcane stream (Almost same for melee with rapier) but range is the same as it has been since ages ago.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

with 10 hp....?

OT: I think its just how well magic synergizes with melee and range. All of the vids should hybriding, which magic is used as a core. Since you do not need a weapon to use magic well, and you do not need armour to use range/melee well, it is simply perfect for that purpose.

I know it's possible to go 1-99 without combat, but why is this topic a reason to make a noncombat mage pure? :l

You risk like 50k with a rune cbow and dhide and a couple of bolts with range, while you risk 6 or more hours of dunging and 6m in ahrims with mage?

No I actually risk 300k and 500k if i want to be able to have a chance to ko when i go range pking (morg javs). Wearing dhide and bolts means your gona get wrecked in 1 dds spec. (experience L)

EDIT: I wasn't meaning in just dangerous pvp btw, it's everywhere, in castle wars/clan wars mage is absolutely godlike with an arcane stream (Almost same for melee with rapier) but range is the same as it has been since ages ago.

They start being godlike when 9+ idiot meleers in melee armor try to pile the mage , in which case he has unlimited health thanks to blood barrage,staff of light and soul split. Now if people in these minigames would actually use their brain, meleers would be running away and spreading out, while 1 ranger in arma takes down a god.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

with 10 hp....?

I know it's possible to go 1-99 without combat, but why is this topic a reason to make a noncombat mage pure? :l

They start being godlike when 9+ idiot meleers in melee armor try to pile the mage , in which case he has unlimited health thanks to blood barrage,staff of light and soul split. Now if people in these minigames would actually use their brain, meleers would be running away and spreading out, while 1 ranger in arma takes down a god.

a noncombat mage pure whos hp will level each time he casts barrage lol

'Rock Hard' boss pure - 60/60 Attack | 99/99 Range | 1/1 Defence | 44/44 Prayer | 99/99 Strength | 99/99 Mage - level 79 combat EOC

## '07 Server ## "Best Runescape update ever: Removing 6 years of updates."

Rock_Hard.png

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned- Tyler"

It's about time the combat triangle actually worked. Most people melee in pvp, and magic beats melee. Nothing overpowered there.

Yet magic completely destroys range, obviously a problem there.

arcane_stew.png

Magic costs loads of cash to use in castle wars/clan wars.

Melee is free, and range is close to free.

Until mage is free in minigames like everything else, complaining about mage is just stupid, if it was perfectly balanced with melee and range in things like castle wars NO ONE would use mage, because it costs so much.

O.O

>implying using near max mage with a necklace that takes a while to get and protects over nothing on people in melee armor and welfare makes mage overpowered. Also, notice what style hes knocking people out with most of the time,through melee armor.

How hard is it to make a Ranged piety and stick it up there with the other rewards? Same thing with Mage/Ranged turmoil and the chaotic weapons.

i know most people dont read al the q&as but there will be a range piety reward in batch 2. only thing i hate abuot these new prayres is there isnt a corrosponding curse

but dont complain about the mage piety, in fact leech mage is still better than augury since mage is mage def, it takes there def adn adds ur offence

aurury or whatever is for example...

120 mage att vs 100 mage, 125 mage def vs 100 mage

leech mage is

110 mage att vs 75 mage, 110 mage def vs 75 mage

so as you see mage got no update, leech is still better and also the mage prayer doesnt boost mage at all

look at it this way, range is still superior in pvm, however mage is underrated at banods an tds and things like that, id like to see some pvm vids with mage to proove its better

i guess thats realy my point, you show me a pvm vid of mage where i just say yea thats too epic, then ill say its overpowered but consider what chaotic melee weapons do, its still better than mage

a_final_name.png

It's about time the combat triangle actually worked. Most people melee in pvp, and magic beats melee. Nothing overpowered there.

Yet magic completely destroys range, obviously a problem there.

I don't see anybody ranging against him when he mages in any of these videos... and the people in d hide just get dds/morry jav speced out. These are hybrid vids, not maxed mage vs maxed range videos.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

The ranged piety is coming in batch 2.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

i know most people dont read al the q&as but there will be a range piety reward in batch 2. only thing i hate abuot these new prayres is there isnt a corrosponding curse

but dont complain about the mage piety, in fact leech mage is still better than augury since mage is mage def, it takes there def adn adds ur offence

aurury or whatever is for example...

120 mage att vs 100 mage, 125 mage def vs 100 mage

leech mage is

110 mage att vs 75 mage, 110 mage def vs 75 mage

so as you see mage got no update, leech is still better and also the mage prayer doesnt boost mage at all

look at it this way, range is still superior in pvm, however mage is underrated at banods an tds and things like that, id like to see some pvm vids with mage to proove its better

i guess thats realy my point, you show me a pvm vid of mage where i just say yea thats too epic, then ill say its overpowered but consider what chaotic melee weapons do, its still better than mage

I know there will be a ranged piety with batch two but what's the excuse for not putting it there in the first place? Same with both turmoil variants.agury vs leech mage is somewhat debatable, although you do get up to 35 % mage attack in theory, with agury you sacrifice some of that for 25% defence, compaired to 35% attack and 10% defence from leech Defence. Depends on what you want, offence or defence.

I don't think mage is overpowered, but Ranged is falling behind.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png