Magic is overpowered

howbadisbad

EDIT: I wasn't meaning in just dangerous pvp btw, it's everywhere, in castle wars/clan wars mage is absolutely godlike with an arcane stream (Almost same for melee with rapier) but range is the same as it has been since ages ago.

Magic costs loads of cash to use in castle wars/clan wars.

Melee is free, and range is close to free.

Until mage is free in minigames like everything else, complaining about mage is just stupid, if it was perfectly balanced with melee and range in things like castle wars NO ONE would use mage, because it costs so much.

Sorry, I'm not a poor noob like you, so I don't complain about the cost of things. Magic wasn't overpowered before the arcane stream yet people used it before then? Win observations.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's about time the combat triangle actually worked. Most people melee in pvp, and magic beats melee. Nothing overpowered there.

Yet magic completely destroys range, obviously a problem there.

I don't think you pk much if you think that is true. If you run around the wilderness for awhile, you will come across many rag rangers, who risk 100k and still dominate mages, arcane or not. So no, magic doesn't completely destroy range, if anything it's finally closer to equal, and isn't that what everyone has been whining about for the past 3 years? Christ some people are never satisfied.

patr1ckotg1.png

It's about time the combat triangle actually worked. Most people melee in pvp, and magic beats melee. Nothing overpowered there.

I don't think you pk much if you think that is true. If you run around the wilderness for awhile, you will come across many rag rangers, who risk 100k and still dominate mages, arcane or not. So no, magic doesn't completely destroy range, if anything it's finally closer to equal, and isn't that what everyone has been whining about for the past 3 years? Christ some people are never satisfied.

LOL obviously you have no idea what you are talking about since a good mage will DESTROY any ranger.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

The first video made me lol at the parts where he had a friend use the d-spear special to push the other guy away while he froze them. That's borderline cheap, if you ask me.

Welcome to runescape.

arcane_stew.png

EDIT: I wasn't meaning in just dangerous pvp btw, it's everywhere, in castle wars/clan wars mage is absolutely godlike with an arcane stream (Almost same for melee with rapier) but range is the same as it has been since ages ago.

Magic costs loads of cash to use in castle wars/clan wars.

Melee is free, and range is close to free.

Until mage is free in minigames like everything else, complaining about mage is just stupid, if it was perfectly balanced with melee and range in things like castle wars NO ONE would use mage, because it costs so much.

Sorry, I'm not a poor noob like you, so I don't complain about the cost of things. Magic wasn't overpowered before the arcane stream yet people used it before then? Win observations.

Seriously, learn to get along with people, otherwise, shut the [bleep] up. Apart from being a jerk and maybe make him feel slighty (and I say slightly, because it shouldn't even bother him/her) worse, what kind of point are you trying to prove? "Useful" (not really) stuff was bolded. The rest was crap.

Seriously, if it makes you feel cooler to insult people behind a screen, you have a problem.

Apart from that, magic does have a cost and should defacto be more powerful in my opinion. Just like those pvp armors/weps are.

WarBlastoise.png

Seems more like an over-reaction to be honest, considering Ranger's will get their version of Piety and be able to 1 spec anyone with a Dark bow on just standard potions.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Sorry, I'm not a poor noob like you, so I don't complain about the cost of things.

Irregardless of weather or not your a "poor noob", the cost of the skill should always be taken into consideration in balance discussions.

Magic wasn't overpowered before the arcane stream yet people used it before then? Win observations.

It wasent overpowered before the arcane steam necklace (except in the case of castle wars/SW, in which the sheer cost of ancient magicks more than justifies its power).

And yes people did use it, i'm not seeing the problem here... Are you trying to make a point?

O.O

Pure mage vs pure range I'm pretty sure range will win.

Mage/range Hyb vs pure range I'm pretty sure Hyb will win.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Pure mage vs pure range I'm pretty sure range will win.

Mage/range Hyb vs pure range I'm pretty sure Hyb will win.

hybrid wins against everything lol :thumbup:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

When people say that Mage beats range now, I don't think they really understand what Hybrids are anymore.

Just because someone is casting a spell on you, doesn't make them a pure mage. A "PURE" mage would get ripped by rune knives. 0 range def, it's that simple.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

What's with all the 50's the guy hits in the first vid? Is it some kind of recoil thing?

Wait never mind it's a spec, morrigan javs right?

Yep. Funny how the OP is complaining about range being overpowered, when most of the ko's are done by ranged.

Also noticed how much skill it takes? It's not like ranging with dragonstone bolts and waiting for that lucky spec. Of course you will loose like that against a skilled hybrid with maxed gear/skills

magic has always been the best fighting style. the new necklace only makes it better.

about a year ago, I sparred against a friend of mine about five times in the duel arena

His stats: 99 hp, 99 defence, 99 range, 99 magic, 99 prayer

my stats: 98 hp, 87 defence, 99 range, 99 magic, 70 prayer

he was using ranged only, I was using mage only. I won every fight. additionally, he summoned a wolpentinger so he had an extra +7 magic levels, plus the 5% extra mage def from the familiar. I didn't use any familiars

furthermore, he was using protect from mage the WHOLE fight, and I NEVER used protect from range lol

77yLQy8.png

LOL obviously you have no idea what you are talking about since a good mage will DESTROY any ranger.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, A maxed ranger will own a maxed mage every time, even if the mage tries to spell stack. Woopity, mages can hit 400+ now, really not a big deal, considering range can hit 700+ and even more with specials. The dps is NEAR what it should be, but it's not OP. So again, stop complaining, and don't say I don't know anything when you clearly don't know who I am.

patr1ckotg1.png

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, A maxed ranger will own a maxed mage every time, even if the mage tries to spell stack. Woopity, mages can hit 400+ now, really not a big deal, considering range can hit 700+ and even more with specials. The dps is NEAR what it should be, but it's not OP. So again, stop complaining, and don't say I don't know anything when you clearly don't know who I am.

Range might have higher max hits, Magic has the highest DPS IN GAME. (in pvp, in the long run, not talking about lucky hits, what pvp is actually about though)

magic has always been the best fighting style. the new necklace only makes it better.

about a year ago, I sparred against a friend of mine about five times in the duel arena

he was using ranged only, I was using mage only. I won every fight. additionally, he summoned a wolpentinger so he had an extra +7 magic levels, plus the 5% extra mage def from the familiar. I didn't use any familiars

furthermore, he was using protect from mage the WHOLE fight, and I NEVER used protect from range lol

What spell were you using, what ammo was he using? Sorry to say, if you were both using the best you could, I find this INCREDIBLY hard to believe

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Range might have higher max hits, Magic has the highest DPS IN GAME. (in pvp, in the long run, not talking about lucky hits, what pvp is actually about though)

How does magic have the highest dps ingame? Whip could probably do more damage, and if not whip, a rapier.

patr1ckotg1.png

I mean that a guy in maxed mage gear is able to do most DPS against a guy ranger/mager (and meleeer obviously) compared to what a meleeer can do against a mager/meleer/ranger. Even against someone in full karil's, mage is still incredibely accurate. Cant say that about a rapier against barrows + dfs.

What spell were you using, what ammo was he using? Sorry to say, if you were both using the best you could, I find this INCREDIBLY hard to believe

miasmic barrage + phoenix necklace = unstoppable. even dragonfire bolts were useless :)

77yLQy8.png