Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Banned xbox commercial

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

Ryan
[ Display Name History ]

Ryan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,928 posts
Well this an Xbox 360 commercial that was banned, it's pretty obvious why it was banned, but I don't agree with it.

The main problem I see is that kids could easily start running aroudn with their hands like guns, but haven't we been doing that for ages anyway? I personally think it's a great commercial and is not nearly as bad as most commercials out there. What about a preview for a movie that shows actual violence?

http://www.keepsanej...at=Movies&id=84

Note: This link did not work for me in FF, but I've been told it works in IE.

http://dl.keepsanejo... ... mmercial.wmv

Edit: There is a direct download url. Tip.it's censo woudl not let me post the link, but I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the file that's why I've gone around the censor.

Lionheart_0
[ Display Name History ]

Lionheart_0

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,495 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
:shock: That was awsome i think. It kinda portrays xbox live to me... jsut meating random people, then everyone else gets involved, and the first person that challanged is the cuase for what happend.... i dotn know i liked it!
Posted Image
Sig by Ikurai
Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

neo_bahumat
[ Display Name History ]

neo_bahumat

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 739 posts
i thought that rocked in honesty, the grenade part was hilarious, and the woman that barrel rolls behind the desk, lmao.

i cant believe it was banned, if some1 watches that advert, and takes out a gun into a shopping malls, there clearly insane to begin with, i doubt normal people will watch that and have the urge to use a real gun

shocking what this worlds coming to

Greatsilverwyrm
[ Display Name History ]

Greatsilverwyrm

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,309 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
To be honest I really quite agree with it being banned. If those people were using real guns, you'd certainly think it was wrong, yes? Well, using the hands and pretending they're real guns is one step away.

I think it would've been better, and funnier, if they had used nerf guns or dart guns or something. It gives the same general feel without the implied lethal violence and adds more to the humor.
Posted Image

Guest_GhostRanger_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_GhostRanger_
  • Guests
The commerical was not banned, Microsoft just decided it would be better to not play it on TV.

It can be found at http://video.msn.com.

slicer92
[ Display Name History ]

slicer92

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 915 posts
Did my ears deceive me or was someone screaming boom headshot? :oops:

SAGE
[ Display Name History ]

SAGE

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  • RSN:SAGE FFS
  • Clan:Echo of Silence
That is now in my Top 5 Favourite Ads. I just love the way it all moves and goes together, if only Terrorism was as harmless as that

Posted Image

Necromagus
[ Display Name History ]

Necromagus

Ace Reporter

• Members
  • 4,850 posts
  • RSN:Skios
  • RSN2:Necromagus
While I can see the humour in that commercial, it's probably a good thing they didn't air it. It wouldn't help the general ignorance surrounding video game violence at all.

runescapeplayer2005
[ Display Name History ]

runescapeplayer2005

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 703 posts
hm..it was a pretty cool comercial i wonder why its banned i didnt rlly see anythin bad about it :?

DragonFirenze
[ Display Name History ]

DragonFirenze

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 963 posts
I heard the BOOM HEADSHOT too, looks like fps doug has touched the world lol.
Lvl 80 construction.

Dragon Drops: 11 (4 Chains, 2 Axes, 1 Med, 2 Skirts, 1 Legs, 1 2h)

God Wars Drops: 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Godsword Shard 1

____
[ Display Name History ]

____

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10,000 posts

While I can see the humour in that commercial, it's probably a good thing they didn't air it. It wouldn't help the general ignorance surrounding video game violence at all.

QFT

That commercial only would've added fuel to the fire that is 'video games make children violent'.

Despite it being shown to be a rather weak link between the two on many occasions.

Ryan
[ Display Name History ]

Ryan

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,928 posts

The commerical was not banned, Microsoft just decided it would be better to not play it on TV.

Alright. The place I originally found the link claimed it was banned so that's what I went by.

Guest_GhostRanger_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_GhostRanger_
  • Guests

Alright. The place I originally found the link claimed it was banned so that's what I went by.

Sorry if my post sounded cold, I didn't mean to :P

The video is being claimed across the internet as banned (I thought it was as well) until I started noticing the trend of it not being banned followed by that link. Engadget I believe was my final source...they are very reliable.

Mayjest
[ Display Name History ]

Mayjest

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,325 posts
That was absolutely hilarious. Pu me in a very good mood for essay writing!
Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:
Posted Image

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Phil
[ Display Name History ]

Phil

Soca Warrior

• Members
  • 6,550 posts
Seen this one a few days ago on another forum. I thought it would have been a great ad. The bit with the grenade and then the taxi driver at the end were hilarious.

Shame it wasn't aired.
Posted Image

sunmann99
[ Display Name History ]

sunmann99

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,327 posts
I'm not able to see it... All I see is a green box. I even tired it on Firfefox, Internet explorer and AOL Explorer. Oh well, the only commercial I saw for the 360 is that one where all the kids are running through the town and allyway and they all tyhro water balloons at eachother and other people and more and more people join in. At the end it says something like "Xbox 360, join in with the rest."
Go OoC!! 4,009,493+ Cabbages!
Posted Image
Cabbage count as of August 2, 2008

Bubsa
[ Display Name History ]

Bubsa

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,145 posts
America banned that? For God's sake...liven up. I thought Britain was a nanny state, this is just ridiculous.

America wants to ban adverts which are clearly a mimicary kind of humour, not even a black comedy, on guns...yet you still sell them freely?

Gimme a break.

Scruffy5389
[ Display Name History ]

Scruffy5389

Prince of Tramps

• Members
  • 698 posts

America banned that? For God's sake...liven up. I thought Britain was a nanny state, this is just ridiculous.

America wants to ban adverts which are clearly a mimicary kind of humour, not even a black comedy, on guns...yet you still sell them freely?

Gimme a break.

Our video game lobby hasn't grown up yet, while our gun lobby has lived on well past the time it should have died, thus the imbalance :lol:

I can see why they made the decision to ban this video. I can certainly picture some little soccer mom getting outraged because it teaches kids to play war games. I just think it's funny, but there is always some stupid person who has to get offended, and Microsoft doesn't want to risk even a tiny amount of negative publicity or lawsuit. Welcome to America, Land of Liability and the Lawsuit. :(

Pretty hilarious ad, anyway. Thanks for posting :)
Posted Image

sunmann99
[ Display Name History ]

sunmann99

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,327 posts
Yea Bubsa... Except the Government thinks thatif a kid see's and ad like that, he's stupid enough to copy it... :roll: But sometimes it happens
Go OoC!! 4,009,493+ Cabbages!
Posted Image
Cabbage count as of August 2, 2008

Bubsa
[ Display Name History ]

Bubsa

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,145 posts
Lets be hyperthetic and say it would influence kids...put it on after the watershed then. Then the only people to blame would be parents for allowing their kids to watch them (seeing as, more often then not, it's parents and suprisingly not videogames that leads to a troubled childhood)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users