Banned xbox commercial

Ryan

Well this an Xbox 360 commercial that was banned, it's pretty obvious why it was banned, but I don't agree with it.

The main problem I see is that kids could easily start running aroudn with their hands like guns, but haven't we been doing that for ages anyway? I personally think it's a great commercial and is not nearly as bad as most commercials out there. What about a preview for a movie that shows actual violence?

http://www.keepsanejokes.com/viewMovies.php?mcat=Movies&id=84

Note: This link did not work for me in FF, but I've been told it works in IE.

http://dl.keepsanejokes.com/m/11-27-200 ... mmercial.wmv

Edit: There is a direct download url. Tip.it's censo woudl not let me post the link, but I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the file that's why I've gone around the censor.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shock: That was awsome i think. It kinda portrays xbox live to me... jsut meating random people, then everyone else gets involved, and the first person that challanged is the cuase for what happend.... i dotn know i liked it!

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

i thought that rocked in honesty, the grenade part was hilarious, and the woman that barrel rolls behind the desk, lmao.

i cant believe it was banned, if some1 watches that advert, and takes out a gun into a shopping malls, there clearly insane to begin with, i doubt normal people will watch that and have the urge to use a real gun

shocking what this worlds coming to

To be honest I really quite agree with it being banned. If those people were using real guns, you'd certainly think it was wrong, yes? Well, using the hands and pretending they're real guns is one step away.

I think it would've been better, and funnier, if they had used nerf guns or dart guns or something. It gives the same general feel without the implied lethal violence and adds more to the humor.

IRKAa.jpg

While I can see the humour in that commercial, it's probably a good thing they didn't air it. It wouldn't help the general ignorance surrounding video game violence at all.

While I can see the humour in that commercial, it's probably a good thing they didn't air it. It wouldn't help the general ignorance surrounding video game violence at all.
QFT

That commercial only would've added fuel to the fire that is 'video games make children violent'.

Despite it being shown to be a rather weak link between the two on many occasions.

Guest GhostRanger

The commerical was not banned, Microsoft just decided it would be better to not play it on TV.

It can be found at http://video.msn.com.

Alright. The place I originally found the link claimed it was banned so that's what I went by.

Sorry if my post sounded cold, I didn't mean to :P

The video is being claimed across the internet as banned (I thought it was as well) until I started noticing the trend of it not being banned followed by that link. Engadget I believe was my final source...they are very reliable.

That was absolutely hilarious. Pu me in a very good mood for essay writing!

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Seen this one a few days ago on another forum. I thought it would have been a great ad. The bit with the grenade and then the taxi driver at the end were hilarious.

Shame it wasn't aired.

sig2ho7.jpg

I'm not able to see it... All I see is a green box. I even tired it on Firfefox, Internet explorer and AOL Explorer. Oh well, the only commercial I saw for the 360 is that one where all the kids are running through the town and allyway and they all tyhro water balloons at eachother and other people and more and more people join in. At the end it says something like "Xbox 360, join in with the rest."

America banned that? For God's sake...liven up. I thought Britain was a nanny state, this is just ridiculous.

America wants to ban adverts which are clearly a mimicary kind of humour, not even a black comedy, on guns...yet you still sell them freely?

Gimme a break.

America banned that? For God's sake...liven up. I thought Britain was a nanny state, this is just ridiculous.

America wants to ban adverts which are clearly a mimicary kind of humour, not even a black comedy, on guns...yet you still sell them freely?

Gimme a break.

Our video game lobby hasn't grown up yet, while our gun lobby has lived on well past the time it should have died, thus the imbalance :lol:

I can see why they made the decision to ban this video. I can certainly picture some little soccer mom getting outraged because it teaches kids to play war games. I just think it's funny, but there is always some stupid person who has to get offended, and Microsoft doesn't want to risk even a tiny amount of negative publicity or lawsuit. Welcome to America, Land of Liability and the Lawsuit. :(

Pretty hilarious ad, anyway. Thanks for posting :)

finalsig9wq.gif

Lets be hyperthetic and say it would influence kids...put it on after the watershed then. Then the only people to blame would be parents for allowing their kids to watch them (seeing as, more often then not, it's parents and suprisingly not videogames that leads to a troubled childhood)

Acually yes Bubsa... Another thing is when I'm playing on Xbox Live Halo 2, I run into people who are about 8-12 years old, seriously Which is totally the parents fault. And if you didn't know, one of the best Halo 2 players is 8 years old. So yes it can be the parents fault. So the influence on kids is the parents fault.

I really didn't know that, but I'd like to ask that child if he thinks the violence in the game will make him to be serial killer IRL one day.

The answer will probably be no. What some people fail (or choose to ignore) to realise is that a videogame doesn't make someone psychologically unstable. It might be a genetic fault or a past experience. People may argue that the video game can trigger the release of a psychologically unstable mind, but so can anything. Parents, as I've said before, or even cardboard. I kid you not, cardboard. A case study I've just written about singled out cardboard to be a major contributor to this patient's mental state. Should we ban cardboard as well?

Well this an Xbox 360 commercial that was banned, it's pretty obvious why it was banned, but I don't agree with it.

The main problem I see is that kids could easily start running aroudn with their hands like guns, but haven't we been doing that for ages anyway? I personally think it's a great commercial and is not nearly as bad as most commercials out there. What about a preview for a movie that shows actual violence?

http://www.keepsanejokes.com/viewMovies.php?mcat=Movies&id=84

Note: This link did not work for me in FF, but I've been told it works in IE.

http://dl.keepsanejokes.com/m/11-27-200 ... mmercial.wmv

Edit: There is a direct download url. Tip.it's censo woudl not let me post the link, but I can assure you there is nothing wrong with the file that's why I've gone around the censor.

it was not banned microsoft just decided not to show it on tv incase of the fcc. if it was banned why is it on msn.com?

Guest GhostRanger

Gimme a break.

As clarified on page one, this commerical was not banned. That was a rumor that started when Microsoft leaked the commercial and then decided not to air it because they thought it might be controversial. It was there own decision to not release the video on public television.

Gimme a break.

As clarified on page one, this commerical was not banned. That was a rumor that started when Microsoft leaked the commercial and then decided not to air it because they thought it might be controversial. It was there own decision to not release the video on public television.

^^That's a pretty clever move for Microsoft, if you think about it. They've decided that it's just a little too suggestive for a regular TV audience, so they don't put it up. However, they leak on the internet. Not only do people spread it around for them at no charge, but it also targets exactly the group of people that will buy xbox. And the rumor that it was banned makes it even more effective. It's better advertising for free :shock:

finalsig9wq.gif