lost my cls

ghjkl

Yes, I shouldn't risk stuff that I'm not willing to lose, but this was because a kid that failed to crash me at dks lured prime on me when I was soul splitting red at around 600 up and he hit 400+ 2 times in a row. Its stupid that even things like whip protects over it, and even moreso that I have to go back to dung and buy it again for the full price. I am seriouy considering quitting rs... or else 90 dung here I come. It is also stupid that you are able to get all the rewards at 80, yet even at level 99 you cannot have them all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole thing about loosing them is the main reason I don't want to train dungeoneering. It will just make the rest of my training stressful since I'll be worried about loosing a sword or necklace nonstop.

They should add a way to buy it back for a reduced price or let you use coins for a replacement. Free ones would make it imbalanced, but 2m or so for a replacement if you loose your first would be fair.

EDIT- Dungeoneering as a whole isn't very rewarding. I remember leveling up summoning on release day and thinking my granite crab was amazing. I've done a fair bit of raiding, but I can't even afford the cheapest rewards, and if I could it would just make the high end ones harder to get! I think a skill should gradually reward you instead of a big lump of reward at a magic level. I have literally nothing to show for my 38 dungeoneering, yet I had a sweet pet crab for 16 summoning. I think a good fix would be to make everything cost about a tenth of what it does now and simply adjust the required level to wield instead.

Jagex said they're working on making reduced prices for items you lose. Still, don't hold your breath...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Risk ~ Reward.

Next time, be smarter, you knew you were going to lose it upon death, why cry now. I think the penalty of having to get another 200k tokens if you lose it is quite balanced in terms of how useful they are. I'd never bring my cr to bandos because i know losing it is a possibility with my connection there. The reason you are mad now is because you got 80 dungeoneering specifically for the weapon, which is wrong in itself. Those that like dungeoneering and that will one day reach 120 won't have any problem getting all the rewards they want and recharge their weapons/armor at 200k/10 hours.

Roberthreee- What? summoning isn't rewarding either until 68 summoning, and as dungeoneering is an endgame skill, it is supposed to be hard and reward those that are good at it. I don't really understand your obsession with crabs, though i'm not sure people would have been happy to be able to buy ~steel weapons upon 14 dungeoneering.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

BACK TO the DUNGEON

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Risk ~ Reward.

Next time, be smarter, you knew you were going to lose it upon death, why cry now. I think the penalty of having to get another 200k tokens if you lose it is quite balanced in terms of how useful they are. I'd never bring my cr to bandos because i know losing it is a possibility with my connection there. The reason you are mad now is because you got 80 dungeoneering specifically for the weapon, which is wrong in itself. Those that like dungeoneering and that will one day reach 120 won't have any problem getting all the rewards they want and recharge their weapons/armor at 200k/10 hours.

Roberthreee- What? summoning isn't rewarding either until 68 summoning, and as dungeoneering is an endgame skill, it is supposed to be hard and reward those that are good at it. I don't really understand your obsession with crabs, though i'm not sure people would have been happy to be able to buy ~steel weapons upon 14 dungeoneering.

That has to be one of the stupidest things i've ever read from a nearly maxed player. There is nothing "wrong" with getting xp in a skill because of a reward at a certain level... that's why EVERYONE trains skills, every skill has rewards at certain levels... Humans are driven by incentives. Hardly anyone would get 99 in a skill if they never unlocked new content along the way, do you really think people would enjoy getting 99 runecrafting if they had to do air runes the entire way? no.

Not everyone has 10+ hours of free time a day, so no it isn't really fair that you have to obtain 200k tokens AGAIN to get a weapon that you already had.

pandapk2.jpg

Not everyone has 10+ hours of free time a day, so no it isn't really fair that you have to obtain 200k tokens AGAIN to get a weapon that you already had.

A party hat is several hundred million gp. You will still lose it in favor of a bucket of milk if you die.

If you can't handle the threat of losing things on death, you have two options:

1. Don't die.

2. Don't play a game where you lose almost everything upon death.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

My point is there is no reward at all in dungeoneering until very high levels, which makes the skill feel like an unrewarding grind. With summoning you had (bad) rewards every few levels. Summoning that crab at 16 was just as fun as summoning my bunyip at 68, it's just nice to see things pay off.

Patch two will probably fix the rewards, but atm I can't be bothered to try and deal with groups for nothing for a month before getting any reward.

No other skill works like this, when you level prayer you don't get piety at level 77 because you learned superhuman strength. Why would it make sense for the level 80 dungeoneering reward to come later because you bought the level 34 reward?

I just hate dungeoneering in general. The items seem to be maybe double~triple the value of barrows items, but take literally over 25 times as long to get. The value of Chaotics should be high, around 50 mil would be appropriate IMO. Would protect over BGS, tassies, ZGS, whip, skillcapes, all barrows armor, etc.

Also, reduce price for reobtaining after death, and make it GP buyable.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Not to be an ass, but OP knew bloody well he would lose it if he died. Yes it sucks and I empathize (I can't even get to 80, I'm at like 67 or something still >_< ), but really, your argument is horrible.

I made 100m coins, took me 25 hours, and died by a dragon. Shouldn't I be "entitled", by your argument, to get that 100m coins back? I already worked for it.

Oh yeah, and everyone who has anything I don't in runescape MUST play 10+ hours a day? :-k

Dung is stupid in my opinion.

As a skill, if you spend time and money on it, you SHOULD get rewards that are a little more permanent than chaotic weaponry, or at least easier to get should you lose them. No other skill is so minigame-like in this regard.

You dont suddenly lose the ability to use ancients if you die while casting ice barrage, and you dont suddenly lose the ability to summon a steel titan if you die with it, yet you will lose pretty much all your work up to level 80 dung should you die with chaotic weaponry, its just lame.

O.O

Risk ~ Reward.

That has to be one of the stupidest things i've ever read from a nearly maxed player. There is nothing "wrong" with getting xp in a skill because of a reward at a certain level... that's why EVERYONE trains skills, every skill has rewards at certain levels... Humans are driven by incentives. Hardly anyone would get 99 in a skill if they never unlocked new content along the way, do you really think people would enjoy getting 99 runecrafting if they had to do air runes the entire way? no.

What i tried to say was that if you waste your time JUST to get the reward, it isn't worth the pain and that's why the OP is so upset about it. For a person who likes dungeoneering alot losing an item wouldn't be such a tragedy. IF you are going for 99 rc without any enjoyment at all in the skill, then yeah, that's wrong. Also by your logic, if i were to lose my divine i would be entitled to gain back the 500m+ 3b street? NO. If i risk it, then it's my problem, not anyone elses.

As for dungeoneering rewards, do remember that the whole skill isn't released yet. Summoning flat out SUCKED with the first released and only after the second batch became this good. As it is supposed to be a hard skill meant for higher players, there will not be any kiddy rewards for newbs. I don't want a 5k token full rune, i want a 1m token super shield/weapon. The OP knew he would lose the sword, and the way he lost it(not by somethinf very unfortuanate like lag) suggests he overestimated his ability to stay alive. He atleast could have had friends be in other servers to help if something unfortuanate should happen, he took the risk and lost his bet. MH-ing is like the stock market, you either win or lose, you can't always not lose.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

As for dungeoneering rewards, do remember that the whole skill isn't released yet. Summoning flat out SUCKED with the first released and only after the second batch became this good. As it is supposed to be a hard skill meant for higher players, there will not be any kiddy rewards for newbs. I don't want a 5k token full rune, i want a 1m token super shield/weapon. The OP knew he would lose the sword, and the way he lost it(not by somethinf very unfortuanate like lag) suggests he overestimated his ability to stay alive. He atleast could have had friends be in other servers to help if something unfortuanate should happen, he took the risk and lost his bet. MH-ing is like the stock market, you either win or lose, you can't always not lose.

The thing with dungeoneering is that practically the ONLY reward that you get from it is the weapon you buy at the end.

Which means that, if you lose the weapon, it doesnt matter if you have 1 dungeoneering or 80 dungeoneering, you still have nothing to show for it over the person with 1 dungeoneering other than the extra XP.

It would be the equavalent of a mage being unable to cast ice barrage if he dies, and being unable to cast it again until he gets 7 million magic experience.

It sound ridiculous, i know, but thats basically what dungeoneering does.

At this point, it has nothing to differentiate it from a minigame.

O.O

As a skill, if you spend time and money on it, you SHOULD get rewards that are a little more permanent than chaotic weaponry, or at least easier to get should you lose them. No other skill is so minigame-like in this regard.

You dont suddenly lose the ability to use ancients if you die while casting ice barrage, and you dont suddenly lose the ability to summon a steel titan if you die with it, yet you will lose pretty much all your work up to level 80 dung should you die with chaotic weaponry, its just lame.

And you dont lose the ability to buy a chaotic weapon either, btw. :mellow:

hahahahah your name makes sense now!

That is genuinely the funniest thing I have ever read!

Goodluck getting it back :P Dg sucks for this very reason until like level 60 it's completely useless.

Look guys... I absolutely must be a mass baby-seal murderer!

Yes, but you lose the actual weapon.

And you have to get 5 mill or whatever amount of XP just to get it back.

If you get to level 82 and die with a chaotic weapon, you have nothing to show for it. All you have is a skill which is useless without the tokens to accompany it, and the knowledge that you just lost a chaotic weapon.

Its ridiculous, its like losing the ability to cast ancients if you die, and having to get 5 million magic XP just for the ability to cast it again.

I mean, you have to get like 2 million dung experience just to get back a lost chaotic LS.

O.O

the "ability to buy a chaotic weapon" is complete B.S.

they could completely remove the explicit level requirement of 80 from the chaotic weapons, but it'd still implicitly be there because you are required to have gotten 200,000 tokens, which means you must have gotten 2,000,000 experience, which means you must have gotten level 80 dungeoneering

the "abiltiy to buy a chaotic weapon" is meaningless

fishing.gif

They should add a way to buy it back for a reduced price or let you use coins for a replacement. Free ones would make it imbalanced, but 2m or so for a replacement if you loose your first would be fair.

You mean like unlocking the Item/weapon, but if you lose it you must pay to replace it? (Like Barrelchest Anchor, Soul Wars Cape, Balmung etc) If so, I'm all for it. Then i wont have the worry of when i do buy an Arcane Steam Neck' that I can only use it for fashion. (which is the reason why Im even getting a law staff later)

Popoto.~<3

and the same goes to firecape, torso, cw armor etc etc.

I think the system is fair enough to elaborate that you shouldn't bring valuables into high risk zones. Complaining about it is even worse.

I think the system is fair enough to elaborate that you shouldn't bring valuables into high risk zones. Complaining about it is even worse.

yeah, complaint is senseless

Again, they are minigames.

Dungeoneering is a skill.

O.O

Fire cape and torso are much easier to regain than a chaotic weapon. I completely agree with estoratth: it's like dieieing while ice barraging and having to gain 5m magic xp before being able to use ice barrage again. Not like it should be. I'd say, make it cost like 20m to replace it. Expensive, but reasonable.