Dragon Defender confirmed.

CrashJordan

Damn I was hoping someone would have feedback for my idea of the dragon defender having spec damage reduction.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew it would come eventually. Unfortunately, I can;t wield it, but it'll be interesting to see what it does to the PvP scene.

I doubt anyone will bother with it PvP, Godswords and Claws already dominate that area of the game.

Nope, Whip is better then GS in PvP except for spec.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Damn I was hoping someone would have feedback for my idea of the dragon defender having spec damage reduction.

I think a similar effect as the ferocius ring or fire cape on ice strykes would make more sence(something like +10 damage) as defenders are rather used as offencive equipment. Your idea would only work if the defenders were actually rare and not everyone could afford to use them in wildy.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

hopefully this is not accompanied with another debacle like usual...

You will earn my gratitude if you pick one thing about my post above which you would like me to change and send it to me in a private message.

I think a similar effect as the ferocius ring or fire cape on ice strykes would make more sence(something like +10 damage) as defenders are rather used as offencive equipment. Your idea would only work if the defenders were actually rare and not everyone could afford to use them in wildy.

I think we already have enough damage increasing items. People have been clamoring for damage reduction for awhile. I think something to partially protect from specs would probably be a lot more popular than another damage booster.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Or, the dragonkin made it based on existing weaponry, only more powerful, so people would use them. Using dragon weapons and killing people with them in some way equates to the dragonkin gaining strength, Seems to me like they would take an existing design, improve on it, imbue dragon magic in it (probably the same kinda magic that they make dragons with) and give it to people. People start killing people with these epic weapons, the dragonkin sit in the background smiling as they somehow gain power from it.

Also, dragon is somewhat smithable. You kinda smith dragon platebodies. Random thought, maybe the ape atoll monkeys have connections with some crazy smithers that hae access to dragon ore or bars or whatever, and that's where the scimitars come from?

You DO realize that dragon claws are TRADEABLE.I'd wager that most people who use claws HAVE NOT DONE that quest. As it is, it seems illogical to connect it to dunge, at least a direct reward. It'll have something to do with the warriors guild and rune defenders, obviously, with at most an actual Dungeoneering REQUIREMENT (requirement being defined as a specific level required. No tokens.)

Well, that's my opinion.

Not going to pointlessly quote the entire thing...

Anyway, if they come from Frenskae, to say that they're based off of human designs would mean both that they're not exactly "ancient" as we have actually heard in back stories and in game, and also that whoever made them went back and forth between the two worlds, which I don't believe they've ever hinted at, making it sound rather that it was a one-time migration. You are right though, it's possible that there are actually human smiths capable of working Dragonite, although I think they specified it was equipment brought from the other realm...

_______

And let me try once more. It takes high levels to get Dragon Claws yourself! It takes moderate levels to get any Dragon equipment YOURSELF. It doesn't matter if someone can buy any of it, it's the point that the original source that someone would have had to go to to get it originally required that someone to be a moderate or high level.

As for the Dungeoneering requirement, that's basically what I said before - that Dungeoneering would either have the ability to get Dragon Defenders as a drop (as a token reward) OR unlock that dungeon with that Cyclops boss monster that drops them.

But of course, it doesn't have to be tied in any way to Dungeoneering! And I think people just want it to be a quest reward so they can use a guide and click through dialogue and story and be done in 30 minutes and back to their stupid Slayer tasks. Give me a break.

Jagex scrapped the whole Frenskae/marhajarret dragon weapon origin a long time ago, now its from the dragonkin, and next year who knows what they will change to fit their new idea. sorry i know jagex fails at lore.

Do you have a source for Dragon coming from the Dragonkin? To me it still seems they're going for the Mahjarrat. I mean TD's drop claws and I believe that's where the lumps of the plate came from as well which would suggest that since Lucien summoned them that they may have originated on Frenskrae, and that that is where dragon metal comes from. Where's Hippodo when we need him?

[hide]

[/hide]

I kinda don't want a dragon defender. Look how bad the dragon pick is. Yikes. Can you imagine a dragon defender?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I think we already have enough damage increasing items. People have been clamoring for damage reduction for awhile. I think something to partially protect from specs would probably be a lot more popular than another damage booster.

I actually really like that idea, but it'd have to be balanced VERY well.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I actually really like that idea, but it'd have to be balanced VERY well.

Although I agree we need more damage reducers, I don't agree that one should be an item that will already increase accuracy by like 30%. It would be neat if pieces of Dragon armor got special abilities though... Just not this ability for this piece of armor.

Existing armors should be given damage reducers and your Defense level should be the chance that those reducers will kick in - IE full Rune (Large-Kite-Plate-Legs) has +209 slash Defense giving 20.9% damage reduction from slash attacks and 99 Defense gives you a 99% chance that it will kick in. Maybe I'll make a thread about this in suggestions for it to be shat upon by hypocritical oldies.

2dgucz6.png

• 3 months later...

Nice bump from a 1 postcount new user.

But anyways, it would be nice to have a dragon defender in the game. I wonder how much more powerful it can get...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Kudos to Jagex; I expected them to just skip to chaotic defender or some other Dung tie-in.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

They could go a completely new route, and make the Dragon Defender a magical/ranged item, giving negative melee bonuses. But honestly, I think the melee fanboys are going to rage hard at that.

They could go a completely new route, and make the Dragon Defender a magical/ranged item, giving negative melee bonuses. But honestly, I think the melee fanboys are going to rage hard at that.

That would make as much sense as a dragon platebody being a mage's item.

Swainy.png

Do you have a source for Dragon coming from the Dragonkin? To me it still seems they're going for the Mahjarrat. I mean TD's drop claws and I believe that's where the lumps of the plate came from as well which would suggest that since Lucien summoned them that they may have originated on Frenskrae, and that that is where dragon metal comes from. Where's Hippodo when we need him?

It's a bit late, but http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonkin#Dragon_equipment.

That would make as much sense as a dragon platebody being a mage's item.

I'd be for the idea of it giving mage/range bonus when within melee range of a monster.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Im gonna take a bet and say it wont be released untill the eastern lands are. :P

Ritual of the Mahjarrat reward please, weren't there warriors guild people involved with wgs?

Either (Or both) of these would be a pretty sweet way to introduce it, anything but dungeoneering (It wouldn't even fit, all dung rewards are monochrome with maybe a little blue/green, dragon is all crimson/blood red).

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Jagex said that all Dragon items would be tradeable, even if they are a quest item.

Not sure how they'd release this, probably through a monster-drop like the majority of the others.

Perhaps a monster drop from the Warrior's Guild as with the others, but you need to have had the drop yourself to wield it. That way at least it would keep in moderate fashion with the other defenders.

newsigw.png