Who are the Signature Heroes?

Zilla

New 'Sea Slug' Quest = Acolyte Armour at last!!!!!! (thats with a green trim btw, my mate did some artwork for it, ill dig up soon!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New 'Sea Slug' Quest = Acolyte Armour at last!!!!!! (thats with a green trim btw, my mate did some artwork for it, ill dig up soon!

Interesting, find it fast! Would be enjoyable to see.

vizardsig-1.png

at first i thought this had great potential....

...then i realized jagex is putting it out :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

if this had been the idea from the beginning im sure it would work, but the effort to weave new characters into the game at this point i believe would be very difficult

giving them minor rolls in older quests as well as pumping out a [cabbage]ton of new quests is the only viable method they could use. Also if they are such big shots why did they not help me fight in wgs

and if no one mentioned it yet, the tower in the background of the girl is the one from grim tales

offtopic: i still want a way to replay old quests :c

also: the first guy is aladdin prove me wrong

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

It would certainly be interesting. A bit like Swan Song with the Wise Old Man, how he fights along side you and you each support one another.

perhaps they'll even help us defeat Lucien in the continuation of While Guthix Sleeps.

Popoto.~<3

Well, I posted a blog entry detailing my reaction to these guys. Basically, I'm cautious because they have a lot to live up to, but there's definitely potential for great things. I'll cross-post it to this thread:

I've always been a fan of team quests. Not Shield of Arrav and Heroes Quest--those were a pain in the neck. I mean the quests like Swan Song, My Arm's Big Adventure, and Dream Mentor, where we get to work alongside NPC versions of heroes like ourselves. Zanik, My Arm, Cyrisus, and the Wise Old Man all made it onto my Top 10 Quests back when I first wrote the list. (As an aside, if I were writing it again, I'd probably add the Temple at Senntisten someplace towards the front. I liked that one a lot.)

As it turns out, I'm not the only one who's a fan of Cyrisus et al. They're popular enough that Jagex is catching on, and apparently the future will herald a whole new batch of NPC allies with which we'll share some of our adventures--so they've announced in this dev blog posted on Tuesday.

Sh_dungeoneering.jpg

"Signature heroes" in dungeoneering garb. From left to right: Ariane, Sir Ewain, Ozan.

On the one hand, this is awesome! Not only is there a new Wise Old Man quest coming up next week, but eventually we'll have a whole new crop of fellow adventurers that will hopefully be just as cool as Zanik and Cyrisus are/were!

On the other hand, what if they aren't that cool? Xenia's supposed to be the first of these "signature heroes," and she's hardly awesome at all! She's more like the person who sends you on the quest in the first place. Y'know, like Sir Tiffy Cashien or something. And who likes Sir Tiffy Cashien? He's not awesome at all. At least, I've never seen him doing anything awesome. As far as I can tell, all he ever does is lounge around on a park bench like some panhandling bum.

sirtiffycashienthebum.png

Get a job!

I think the signature heroes are a fine idea, but they won't work without good writing. Like, dialogue that's actually good. Seriously. And they need to do things that players do--that's a big part of the charm. My Arm plays Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup, farms herbs, and gets random events. Zanik collects Tears of Guthix. Cyrisus had a bank full of Barrows armor, magic logs, and ranarrs. The Wise Old Man casts Saradomin Strike, wears a party hat, and solos the Kalphite Queen. They do the stuff that we do. And we do it with them. They're just NPC versions of us. The whole "painting the fourth wall" bit is a big part of what makes these characters so charming. Xenia doesn't quite have that charm for me. I hope Sir Ewain and the rest will do better! :^_^:

Makes me kinda sad imagining how great runescape would be if a company that didnt have their heads up their asses ran runescape.

But your right i GUARANTEE these 'heros' will all be weak npc's that we have to protect in a some crappy level 40 quest with a cheesy story line and to top it off it will have lvl 20 skill requirements.

Just the type of [cabbage] you can expect from jagex :thumbsup:

Either they are very weak, or they are equally strong as our character but acts arrogantly stronger. I hate npcs that "lecture" me on how to play a game.

I actually like this, and i wish runescape looked as good as it does in the artwork. maybe some day prehaps? :unsure:

Never.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Am I the only one who thought they would help you in dung? Solo a dungeon with help from them?

This is what I thought at first too.

I must say, I don't particularly like this idea. They compare them to Zanik, but Zanik worked because she was created for the quest series. It wouldn't have worked if you just replaced Zanik with Xenia and adjusted the story so it worked with her, which I think is basically going to happen with these 'heroes'.

These heroes seem tailor made to do a team-up, a Runescapian Avengers/Justice League if you will. Ariane seems to be the closest thing to a main character, and not in a good way. A rational, idealistic, pretty young mage who has studied at the Wizard's Tower and Mages' Guild and knows almost all varieties of magic, who happens to be a limited pre-cog. That's dangerously close to Mary Sue-dom.

Join Future Update News! The longest running update speculation thread on the RSOF, currently on its 24 Edition

QFC 16-17-671-59680498

314v28z.jpg

Thanks to Killerwat for the sig!

We have Crysius (deceased), Zanik, My Arm, the Wise Old Man, Arianwyn, Hazelmere (deceased), Baba Yaga, Azzanandra and Jhallan, Ali the Wise, Savant, and Koschei, plus all knights of the round table... who needs another adventuring party? I say we slaughter them at the upcoming ritual :twisted: Me wants at-will miasmics (make them work on monsters, please?)

We also have that Guardian Of Armadyl, a druid and a Sardominist from WGS, forgot the name. And I'm sure Kuradal (and perhaps Sumona :P) will join us to fight soulgazers if we have to.

BTW, this would be the opportunity to present a crossover Temple Trekking/Dungeoneering minigame. These adventureres got their levels up by Tears and penguins and now have to unlock the floors :thumbsup:

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

We have Crysius (deceased), Zanik, My Arm, the Wise Old Man, Arianwyn, Hazelmere (deceased), Baba Yaga, Azzanandra and Jhallan, Ali the Wise, Savant, and Koschei, plus all knights of the round table... who needs another adventuring party? I say we slaughter them at the upcoming ritual :twisted: Me wants at-will miasmics (make them work on monsters, please?)

We also have that Guardian Of Armadyl, a druid and a Sardominist from WGS, forgot the name. And I'm sure Kuradal (and perhaps Sumona :P) will join us to fight soulgazers if we have to.

BTW, this would be the opportunity to present a crossover Temple Trekking/Dungeoneering minigame. These adventureres got their levels up by Tears and penguins and now have to unlock the floors :thumbsup:

Screw you, you forgot the guy from sheep shearer

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Screw you, you forgot the guy from sheep shearer

I'm terribly sorry, please tell me his name and I'll edit that :oops:.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So they'll basically be mascots. I don't know, RuneScape already has some good NPCs that could of served that purpose.

But being aided in adventures sounds nice. :o

rune_lizzard.png

• 4 weeks later...