Who are the Signature Heroes?

Zilla

I like the sound of it. Why do I think the Knight guy is going to be introduced in the next Void Knight quest, considering he's a Temple Knight...

Maybe there might be a Grandmaster quest in which every Signature Hero teams up with each other to fight of a huge boss or something... Lucien or Bilrach (or however it's spelt)?

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope one of them (raptor?) turns out to be evil and we have to chose to either:

1.side with him and fight the other hero's

2.chose to kill him with help from the other hero's.

I do like the idea of signature hero's- puts a name/face to all the nameless hero's that are referenced in quests all the time.

Soldin_911.png

Get ready for another fail update. I'm definitely not putting all my eggs in 1 basket this time. The lack of real updates so far has amazed me. Yes they may be working on dung batch 2, good reason, however if dung came out properly it would have never needed a 2nd batch. Anyways I'm not holding my breath on this one. Nice graphics though.

2vuhgcn.png

I can see it... I can see it all...

The knight is the one who defends the girl, while the archer is the badass comical relief who gets all the chics at the ending...

16185_s.gif

Get ready for another fail update. I'm definitely not putting all my eggs in 1 basket this time. The lack of real updates so far has amazed me. Yes they may be working on dung batch 2, good reason, however if dung came out properly it would have never needed a 2nd batch. Anyways I'm not holding my breath on this one. Nice graphics though.

This is what I was thinking. I didn't play last year from August to around February-March, and there was a good amount of substantial updates in that time (extreme potions, curses, another elf quest, Kuradal, Strykewyrms, Shattered Heart, etc..). Since then however, there has been almost nothing that changes how I play the game, and that bugs me. The only thing I can think of is Effigys, and that doesn't contribute much, just another item to give free experience. There really has been a drop in the amount of updates with a positive impact on this game, and it's annoying me.

[hide=99s]47,297th to 99 Attack, 12/10/08
47,898th to 99 Hitpoints, 3/29/09
78,286th to 99 Strength, 4/5/09
36,125th to 99 Range, 6/7/09, 12:30 in the morning.
70,280th to 99 Defence, 4/16/10
67,781st to 99 Magic, 8/13/10
Somethingth to 99 Slayer on some day during the Summer (I forgot to write it down)
169,099th to 99 Cooking , 4/9/11
Idk what to 99 fm at some point
Idk what to 99 prayer on 1/28/2012

?? 99 thieving 12/30/2015

?? 99 herblore 1/2/2016, ?? 99 dungeoneering 9/5/2016[/hide]

s2k10n.png

Even if it's a dumb story, telling it changes other people just the slightest little bit, just as living the story changes me. An infinitesimal change. And that infinitesimal change ripples outward-ever smaller but everlasting. I will get forgotten, but the stories will last. And so we all matter-maybe less than a lot, but always more than none.

-John Green (An Abundance of Katherines)

This looks really awesome. You guys are way too cynical.

Also, I'm really hoping Raptor ends up being an actual raptor, just wearing a zerker helm and a steel longsword.

And a cape too, that would be cool.

wl7w9j.png

The idea of the Signature Heroes is to give you a new set of ally characters who arent tied to a particular quest series. The feeling should be that theyre adventurers like you, and you cross paths with them at various times in your career. Hopefully theyll not only make for good quests, but also enhance the whole game by putting specific faces on the idea of being a RuneScape hero. Were not planning for the Signature Heroes to dominate the game - theres still room for lots of solo quests, and other ally characters will continue to appear - but the new heroes give us more storytelling options.

Sounds like Red from the original pokemon Gameboy games

yes.png

I like the sound of it. Why do I think the Knight guy is going to be introduced in the next Void Knight quest, considering he's a Temple Knight...

Considering how "Quiet Before the Swarm" ended, I'd say that's a distinct possibility - heck, that was the first thing I thought of when I read that Sir Ewain is "now one of the Temple Knights best agents, and has been granted free rein to pursue the knights goals as an independent adventurer." There's no way someone like that would NOT be involved in what's going on in that quest. I just hope we don't have to wait over a year to get the next part of the series, like so many other multi-part story quests go...

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

I bet we'll get a team of 7 adventurers to invade the Mahjarrat lair.

lol Lord of the rings

actualy wed need 9 for a real fellowship, which works perfectly because we wouldnt stand a chance without kuradal and the wise old man

i wonder if i can kill all 6 heros so its back to me....

a_final_name.png

Well, just in those three there's two minorities covered. :cool: Going to hope that their character designs won't end up as predictable as Napalm_Death claims, but they sure look like it. Still, it's a really interesting idea, and I am pretty hopeful that they'll turn out to be awesome. I'm especially interested to see how they're going to work them into combat, if we're going to have to look over them like a mother hen or if they'll actually stand on their own.

Really? After it's taken 10 years to release over like 200 quests they are NOW adding "main" characters to RuneScape? Can't wait for 2 more quests this year to bring this long storyline into place. :rolleyes: This is one of the worst companies of anything ever that I've ever seen but for storyline it's THE absolute worst I've ever come across. Not a single person would have any idea wtf the storyline is if they didn't look at forums or wiki, and that shouldn't be necessary 0 you should just know what's happening, like any good game. Hell, even with forums and wiki half the people even really know what's going on. JaGeX say it's all planned out... my ass it is. They're been winging it ever since day 1 when Andrew was running the game and they're still doing it.

The only "kind of" main characters there are now is the Wise Old Man - that's the only one that pops in my mind. Besides that one gnome which I don't even know what his name is. I've done every single quest and have no damn clue what the storyline is exactly. These stupid quests are barely related to each other at all and there's no flow to them. If they had brains they'd make the quests relate better and organize them into categories such as"main questline" in which you can follow the main quests in order - like Oblivion for example. RuneScape just sucks hands down. :thumbdown:

PS. Quests starting from scratch to introduce some new stupid NPCs that will suck as always and basically just be chat-dialogue? Prepare for some of the lowest leveled quests ever. :thumbdown: Everyone is supposed to know about them - can't wait for 20 smithing requirement quest omfg!

tldr;

Look, I can make up random characters and call them the main characters/heroes of RuneScape with a backstory I just thought of on the spot as well.

"This is squigtime, he has an insatiable love for fish and is the guardian of the sea - defender of docks. He is the main character on RuneScape and keeps Zamorak at bay under the water."

23aw35666.png

If they've modelled new armour before, and since Ewain is a Temple Knight, I wonder if what he's wearing is the armour that's a step up from Proselyte

Seeing NPCs with epic armour that they'll never release to players is quite annoying =/

If they've modelled new armour before, and since Ewain is a Temple Knight, I wonder if what he's wearing is the armour that's a step up from Proselyte

Seeing NPCs with epic armour that they'll never release to players is quite annoying =/

You know what's more annoying? Having them spend time designing an NPC so that you can talk to him for a few minutes, then solve some puzzles and watch him die. :rolleyes:

a70c7.png

I was interested before reading the entire thing.. after reading it all one word sprang to mind: weird.

In my opinion My Arm is the champion of champions. He might not be in a lot of quests, but I remember him the most. :thumbup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

This might be really fun.

Right now, it's all really plane and vague, but I hope, as the story continues, that a large part of the community will adore these heroes.

Saradomin, Guthix and Zamorak are pretty popular, hopefully, these heroes will be popular aswell and be given specific armour?

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

On second thought, maybe you can call them up for a trio Armadyl trip, or form a 5-man Corp team. :thumbsup:

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

Is it just me who has thought this;

Helping you in battle similar to a familliar.

I hope they don't make what I wrote above, although it would make some aspects of the game more interesting.

I'm hoping this means they'll actually be releasing a new storyline for which they already are developing several parts for. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm SICK AND TIRED of having to wait 1-2 years or more between installments in quest series. Yeah we get one or two quests a month, but they're almost never related to each other, and a lot of times are either entirely new series (UGH) or standalone quests.

The knight reminds me of the dragon age origins commercial for some reason...and overall the characters seem a bit corny and generic, but content is what really matters anyways.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20