Pirates!

Icuownage

Well I'm making this just to get people more interested, as people will probably take more notice of an entire topic instead of just a post.

Introduction

Welcome to the world of Everblue, a world compromised of mainly oceans. The human race are the dominant race of this world, but other races, far more dangerous than mere humans exist. Many factions and nations exist too, squabbling over what little land this world has to offer, but not all nations only want land, some crave the ocean. Many believe that they who control the oceans, control the world, and so constant naval wars have broken out, hundreds, possibly thousands have ships have met their end and sunk to the unforgiving depths.

You! A mere washed ashore adventurer with no real memory, but with a destiny so grand. Could you be the next pirate lord, scourge of the seas? A powerful merchant? Ruler of a nation, or perhaps just a humble life as a mere tavern keep suits you. You decide.

Sorry for the slightly rubbish introduction, the story does get better ><.

Rules.

I am the moderator, what I say goes unless you can find such a compelling argument on why I am wrong.

Magic is not unheard of, but it sort of limits you. Most who practice magic have sacrificed a lot to be able to control the elements, and those who can are shunned by regualr folk.

It has a similar system to what I believe Dungeoneering had, but I am probably wrong, it has the same basic concept though.

Go wild! Role playing gives you bonuses

You have a random start area, but it will always be on a coast, but it is possible to start with someone else.

Some mechanics for you.

Now you say an action based on your situation and I roll and do other things, secret things, to tell you what happens, and this carries on and on and on. But you're not only limited to the dungeoneering-esque gameplay, if you roleplay it right, you could even bring some hegemony-esque gameplay as your rule over a nation or your own ship. Also remember you're not the only people here, NPC's have a huge role, and if you become famous, you will have a huge role over NPC's and world events. World events happen a lot, heck even entire factions can get whiped out before you even get near them, you can even form your own faction if you choose too. Just to let you know that will probably make the game interesting but difficult.

I would prefer if people kept to a piratey sort of roleplay, but I am okay if you decide to go off into a weird tangent.

Sessions are held whenever me and 3 people who want to play are online, being as it is the summer I can hold a session practically everyday and any time.

Well people there is an entire world out there for you to discover, good luck and have fun.

Characters

Ross

[hide]

Alastor Chroanos

Race: Human

Weapon: Sword/Axe

RP Element: Pocket Watch

[/hide]

Nex

[hide]

Tro'ladak'kudar

Race: Dusavi'daek

Weapon Himself

RP Element: The Eye of Adakkar

[/hide]

Mather

[hide]

Richard

Race: Living dead (Human)

Weapon:

RP Element:

[/hide]

Pie

[hide]

Phyllanthron Arenae Terok Lumos IV

Weapon: Bladed Staff, Hidden Daggers

RP Element: Gold ring around his eye

[/hide]

Retech

[hide]

Isabel Nimbl'f

Race: Elf

Weapon: Two handed beauty sword with pommel attatchments

RP Element: Two handed beauty sword with pommel attatchments

[/hide]

Grim

[hide]

Enarir Soriel

Weapon: Koriagla

RP Element: Koriagla

[/hide]

Rocco

[hide]

Jack

Weapon: Cutlass

RP Element: Lucky coin

[/hide]

Paul

[hide]

Sir Roderick Ponce Von Fontlebottom the Magnificent Bastard

Weapon: Mirabelle (blunderbuss)

RP Element: Monocle

[/hide]

Dungeonal

[hide]

Calico Jack

Weapon: Falchian

RP Element: A women

[/hide]

Earth

[hide]

Earth StoneCrusher

Race: Dwarf

Weapon: Bow

RP Element: Emerald ring

[/hide]

Ieyfura

[hide]

Nira

Weapon: Longsword

RP Element: Rose cut ruby

[/hide]

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... sounds fun.. maybe yudlike to try the fire emblem game? (sorry, its no fun waiting for techy to finish his god damn charecters so i can play.. and the others, acourse)

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

PotC mostly, but yeah some sort of One piece mixed in.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

What are the rules on magic? Can you start with moderate magical abilitys (at the cost of being a social outcast), or do you have to gain the magical abilities, and then become a social outcast.

It affects me a lot in the creation of my character, because I was going to start with a half-crazed witch-hermit who was stranded on the coast after attempting to bewitch a whale to take her places.

And I will make it after I come back from tennis.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

... sounds fun.. maybe yudlike to try the fire emblem game? (sorry, its no fun waiting for techy to finish his god damn charecters so i can play.. and the others, acourse)

SHUTUP ABOUT IT.

Did ANYONE like it when I blathered on about 2025 and Dungeoneering sessions so long ago?

Moving on, I'm assuming there's minimal gunpowder-based weaponry?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

To clarify, you start as a nobody, no ship, no crew, no friends, a few helpful items and a roleplay element.

I'll tell you some ways you can gain magic

You attempt to randomly control the elements (only one try) and you roll a 19+, things in your enviroment, like a person who can control magic near you will boost your chances.

Voodoo

Devil fruit (One piece but they wont be named crap like Gomu Gomu)

Items (If you really REALLY want magic, it will set you back, but if you want it, this can be your roleplay element)

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Do we have to have magic, ugh! Pirates are cool with the swashbuckling until you introduce magic. Even in PoTC they don't give Davy Jones the ability to SHOOT FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS OUT HIS EYES and thats basically what all magic is in roleplays, in my experience magic doesn't work.

I've always wanted a sort of story in which magic actually means something, not just a power you can you use for things.

[Falador tavern]

That is why I am making magic an undesireable root, people will shun you and hate you and try to kill you.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Some of us prefer magic in our fantasy environments. As Icu has already said, it will be hard to obtain and provide several disadvantages, and the Dungeoneering system means that it will not be overpowered, as given enough skill in say, marksmanship or swordfighting, you can be just as strong without it.

2Xeo5.png

Can we have a map? Can we be a different race? What is the "Roleplay Element" you keep mentioning?

To be honest, I don't feel like making a backstory.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Yes you can be a different race, you will get a different bonus accordingly.

A map is easy to acquire once you get to a civilised area.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Well...

Need I ask? What are the races?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Ok, I suppose I agree with you about magic but a different race.

Great.....

I'm going to be dinosaur ninja.

If we have all these different races i'm begging to lose interest!

[Falador tavern]

Edel I can't cater to just you.

I can't think of any specifically, but your race can change part way through, but not too drastic. Just ask about a race and I'll say okay or not.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Definately obtainable, but starting out as an undead is going to just hinder you and I kind of think it would be more hassle for you than it is worth, cause basically as a zombie, everyone hates you except fellow zombies and a few factions.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Alastor Chroanos

[hide= Backstory]

To one side of the smoke filled, noisy room stands a man in a black hood. Although it isnt long before he realises that it is far too warm to be wearing a hood indoors, and takes it down, revealing black hair, reaching down to his shoulders. He is a tall, fairly slim man, wearing black, very baggy trousers, and no shirt. Covering his chest and back is a long, dark blue cloak, with a red lightning bolt insignia on the centre back of it, though it is partly obscured by the massive device strapped around him. It looks like a huge axe, but there are many levers on the handle and many strange parts attached to it. It doesnt seem like the sort of thing you would see around this area. There is a red gem in the centre of it, and a white gem just above that

He was a man with a remarkably average life, at least, thats what it looks like on the surface. He always felt some need to gain more power, and always thought that there was some special fate that destiny had planned out for him, though that could have just been a messiah complex talking. He tried to quiet this voice in his head, telling himself that he could just have a regular, happy life, but the voice got louder and louder until he could hear nothing else. In but a moment, he made the decision to go to sea, where people from all walks of life can become great and powerful. He gave up his name and packed his things and left without a word, a finely crafted silver knife stabbed into his front door and the lights still left on. He donned the name Alastor, not because of any inherent meaning, but simply because it had a nice sound to it. He carries a pocket watch, but never opens it, and never reveals it in public. It may be symbolic, or maybe not, who can tell. He arrived in this port town about a week back, and has been staying at a local inn since then, but he is determined to go out to sea, one way or another.

[/hide]

Pretty meh backstory really. Kind of lame.

Also, I'm using a switch axe from MH3, is that okay? It's pretty much a massive axe which can be converted into a massive sword by pulling some levers and switches.

Edel, I think you're giving rather extreme examples. Players here tend to not go too far overboard with race options and magic, and at least it will be more interesting than just generic pirate RPG #865235

2Xeo5.png

Daeka?

But, elves? Halflings/dwarfish things? No constructs I assume?

RIP Dawngate ;-;