Pirates!

Icuownage

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be only a select few elements

Also are you seriously playing? If so weapon and RP element :D?

Also people with magic, please note, people will try kill you a lot, and stuff.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

To gain magic at start, your RP element has to be the weapon that imbues magic, and you technically can't do magic, its all the item, until you actually gain some strength in using it.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Icu that is if they can sense the magic... I don't intend to be highly open with the use of lightning magic (more of the use for melee combat). Though if there are no survivors...

LNYvk.png

That'll be an interesting Rp, trying to hide magic.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

That'll be an interesting Rp, trying to hide magic.

Well the way I intend to use it is for channeling a stunning (or killing) shock through the blade of a sword and having highspeed vibrations to increase cutting power. So it should not be all to hard to hide if just used like that.

LNYvk.png

A vibrating blade isn't normal.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

For the heck of it, I will also write a backstory for her sword.

Name: Luft-Teiler, Blatt geschmiedet

Backstory: A weapon given only to the wisest of the swordscraft upon promotion to the title of Swordsmistress. Unlike male versions of the weapon which are made of wood, the female version is made of magical leaves. It looks like metal to the naked eye, but it has very small veins if you look carefully, like a leaf. First an appropriate magical tree is found, then it is asked for its leaves/root. Then the leaves are skillfully woven using only the power of wind, into the general shape of a sword. Then it is attached to a rope and spun around thousands of times until its edges are sharp and can retain their shape. Thus it is aerodynamically as perfect as a sword can be. However, the magic is exhausted in the creation of the leaf-metal, so it is simply an extremely light and hard two-handed sword, specifically designed for a female elven swordsmistress.

Isabel lived with the Germanic elves, the highest of all the elves. That's why the blade's name is in German. :D

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

The vibration would only be used for very short intervals (in strikes against armored foes in tandem with the usual electric shock)

LNYvk.png

So you get all the bonuses of magic but none of the cons because nobody knows you have it?

Well I'm a super agile elf with a super light blade, which no one knows about. :P

The great thing is my sword is made out of leaves, so if I drew blades with him, the electricity wouldn't conduct. :D

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

So you get all the bonuses of magic but none of the cons because nobody knows you have it?

I aint exactly dropping people with lightning bolts. It is reasonable to assume that they way I am using it my magic will not be easy to detect.

LNYvk.png

Nope, he will get found out eventually.

His sword will grow stronger, and then everyone will notice the energy emitting from it.

There is no way around getting found out, if you use magic, you become good at it, if you get good at it, it starts to show.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Nope, he will get found out eventually.

His sword will grow stronger, and then everyone will notice the energy emitting from it.

There is no way around getting found out, if you use magic, you become good at it, if you get good at it, it starts to show.

That is assuming that I do not sap the energy from the sword :P

LNYvk.png

The vibration would only be used for very short intervals (in strikes against armored foes in tandem with the usual electric shock)

Um, if it breaks metal it breaks the sword...

And why would that not shock you?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Haha, well then you'll begin to become energised.

Plus I will always roll if people discover it, so even if it doesn't become noticeable, there is still the chance.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Um, if it breaks metal it breaks the sword...

And why would that not shock you?

High(ish) speed vibrations would simply allow it to cut slightly better (and the magic running through the sword would increase it's durability).

My characters base skills in lightning magic (that he trained a bit) were weak electric shocks and an immunity towards electrical damage (well a very high resistance that will grow larger as he becomes more skilled)

LNYvk.png

Is he a good sword fighter too?

Oh Icu, what is your interpretation of an elf? (Like what bonuses and penalties compared to humans)

Is he a good sword fighter too?

He is currently decent (being a lords son you get tutored a bit in it) though probably not as good as you are. I do however predict that by endgame he will be a monster (with high lightning magic and swordsmanship skills)

EDIT: Rocco it would be used as a one two combo (one hit to shock the other for a death blow) and the vibrations would be used for a very very short period of time (if at all)

LNYvk.png

Elves have a good speed compared to humans in sword fighting, they also train a slight bit faster, but they lack strength.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Grim, you're assuming that nobody would ever escape if you used magic and that you would never have to use magic in a situation where others could observe you without you knowing.

True I will probably be found out eventually (at which point I murder all witnesses) but it would take longer than if I was pumping lightning bolts out of my [bleep].

LNYvk.png

High(ish) speed vibrations would simply allow it to cut slightly better (and the magic running through the sword would increase it's durability).

My characters base skills in lightning magic (that he trained a bit) were weak electric shocks and an immunity towards electrical damage (well a very high resistance that will grow larger as he becomes more skilled)

1) The vibrations would probably damage it if it got stuck in something.

2) Magic increasing durability is a ridiculous cliche. Should be less stable if anything.

3) Skills in magic all come from your item, therefore assuming you've trained is unrealistic.

4) Restating number two, passive resistance granted by magic not meant to passively protect is stupid.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

1) The vibrations would probably damage it if it got stuck in something.

2) Magic increasing durability is a ridiculous cliche. Should be less stable if anything.

3) Skills in magic all come from your item, therefore assuming you've trained is unrealistic.

4) Restating number two, passive resistance granted by magic not meant to passively protect is stupid.

1) probably but then again they will not be of that much use until I was relatively powerful (at which point I could ditch the sword)

2) I guess we should probably let icu decide that (doesn't really matter to me)

3) I can gain skill (and power levels) separately from the sword and in time absorb the power from the sword into myself (and become stronger after that)

4) See number two.

LNYvk.png