Pirates!

Icuownage

Please note MOST popular pirate stories contain magic. I wont let the magic go overboard.

Yes but I don't like the idea of.

Dusavi'daek, elves and dwarves straight out magic (not curses and stuff, actual controllable magic) and its not really that fun.

Please remove name off front page.

Ross:

Generic person 1: I am elfinor who does magic.

Generic person 2: I love twilight and am a vampire.

Me: The cold night was.....

Generic person 2: HAHAHAHA I BITE YOU!!!!111111111 your a vampire now.

I also hate magic because it ruins the genre for me, anything with magic in I dislike.

[Falador tavern]

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please note

I can't remember the last time magic ever stopped a bullet, or a sword.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Ack, darnit.

Fine. I understand how it's a little less than plausible ICU. I'll probably be able to repair myself without much difficulty, and other Daeka, but I'll forget about healing humans or anything else.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

You're just using over the top examples to prove a point.

I suppose I am but it does really get the point across a lot better.

Any particular reason you don't like magic?

Because a sword fight is more fun then a magic fight, a gunfight is more fun with a magic fight and nearly any other type of fight is more fun, because it has weakeness's. Magic however does not, if it was defined by incredibly tight constraints I would probably be a bit more ok with it but I also think it ruins the genre.

Icu, yes but when was the last time you saw a person deflect a plasma bolt or whatever with a sword or bullet.

[Falador tavern]

You're just using over the top examples to prove a point.

I suppose I am but it does really get the point across a lot better.

Any particular reason you don't like magic?

Because a sword fight is more fun then a magic fight, a gunfight is more fun with a magic fight and nearly any other type of fight is more fun, because it has weakeness's. Magic however does not, if it was defined by incredibly tight constraints I would probably be a bit more ok with it but I also think it ruins the genre.

Edel the only person currently using magic in this game is me (and I intend to become strong enough to sap the energy from the sword and then progress very very little) and I am just using it to augment my sword fighting. Honestly the constraints upon magic make it a very very bad idea to go for an all out magic fight (ie thunderbolts etc.).

LNYvk.png

Magic can be dispelled.

Spells can fail.

Also magic can be a fun role play

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Actually healing undead creatures should not be anyhow difficult, all you have to do is to reconnect muscles and bone, and if neccessary create a little new cells. The body would be unable of rejecting it due to not having any blood flow and lacking or broken organs are neglectable.

I use magic too.

Edel: Swords and guns aren't used to deflect anything (except for jousting), you need to use a shield or at least armour to deflect it. And a bullet is harder to deflect.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Icu, yes but when was the last time you saw a person deflect a plasma bolt or whatever with a sword or bullet.

That looks like opinion being used as fact to me. A lot of the rest of us find magic to be a nice addition, and I think a swordfight is actually more fun with magic, but only in the minor variety. When major magic is included, I'm not really bothered either way.

Magic gives people a chance to be creative in what they do and not "I swing my sword at the person" or some variation thereof. Some of us are okay with that, but some people aren't, and magic is there to cater for them.

Again, you're quitting because something you don't like is present, even though you do not need to use it or interact with it (Hell, you could even kill magic users for fun if you hate magic that much), but don't you think going "I don't like magic, so I quit" is a little bit childish?

2Xeo5.png

Personally I think Icu's going about the magic the right way, and fail to see how it is affecting you that much. A spell is like a really slow projectile weapon. Get to the caster before their incantation is complete and problem solved.

Also to a certain few who always use magic, try to mix it up sometimes. You might find the challenge entertaining. :)

EDIT: My character info is on page 7 Icu, in case you were wondering

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

okay, can we just play? please??

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I think your character is going to be balanced at the start, in all likelihood, so no incinerating people, no barehanded decapitations or such. It'd be kind of unfair if you had an extremely powerful character right from the beginning.

2Xeo5.png

well, i have a bowman dwarf with a crazy emerald ring. that do anything for yeh?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

I think your character is going to be balanced at the start, in all likelihood, so no incinerating people, no barehanded decapitations or such. It'd be kind of unfair if you had an extremely powerful character right from the beginning.

Ummm, Ross? Whaddabout me? :thumbsup:

Actually, if I don't like my char, with ICU's permission I'll make a new one. I want to see how well Daeka can fit into this world.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Okay I'll do the session after Nex thinks up a new guy.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Let's start! :D

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I meant if I don't like it later! We can start! Sorry!

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Okay lets begin, I imagine the people playing right now are Retech Ross and Nex, so I'ma do the inital action for you 3

Ross

You awaken after being knocked unconcious. You can't remember what happened. You look around and realise you're washed ashore, it is your typical beach setting, beautiful ocean and yellow sand which stretches far. You look around notice debris and crates around you, to the north a small pathway that seems to lead out of the beach, but what wonders could the beach hold?

Retech

You wake up, dehydrated, and suffering from a possible heat stroke. You look up to the sky and the unforgiving sun is beating down upon you, a few vultures are circling you. You realise you are on a desert, you don't know how large, but off in the distance you see more vultures circling something.

Nex

You awake, and decide today is the day you'll finally leave the cave that you have grown up in all your life, you have been alone and can't remember how you got there, but you have grown to count it as a home. The cave isn't too small, and a few leftovers from a previous meal and some treasures you have collected.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

Didn't see you there.

Dungeonal:

You awake on a small island. It isn't the perfect temperature, slightly cold, as you get up you realise that it is some sort of archipeligo, as many small islands can be sighted around. They're not to far apart. Around you is some debris and wreckage from an unknown ship, possibly how you ended up here.

Grim:

You also awaken in a desert, but you have not been unconcious long, and so you do not suffer any sort of ailment. You're alone and a small dust road leads some where, maybe you should follow it.

It's a REALLY big shaft.