Player Gallery 9

stonewall337

Time certainly flies when you’re having fun, and having fun is exactly what we’ve been doing while reviewing all of your artistic submissions since last month!

Yes, it was just one month ago that we bought the Players' Gallery back in full force, and we’ve been overwhelmed by the sheer volume and positivity of your response. So, as promised, we’re back this month with another selection of RuneScape-inspired masterpieces for you to enjoy.

There were a lot of worthy contenders, but, after a great deal of discussion, debate and Duel Arena fighting in the studio car park, we’ve selected the eight which made us smile the most. From malfunctioning crashed stars and worried wizards, to a pink mage and a dedicated butterfly catcher - we hope you like our selection too.

We also have the small matter of announcing this month's featured artist... Our most accomplished piece comes from Marikdebie and their submission, “Duel Arena”. Two mighty warriors fighting it out with fire and anti-fire? It’s a sight to behold! Well done to our winner who's bagged a month of RuneScape membership absolutely free.

To check out our winner and the other brilliant entries this month, head on over to Player Gallery 9 this very moment. And, when you’ve done that, you can dive in and discuss our gallery feature, give us feedback and make suggestions to us, all on our official Gallery - Feedback & Ideas forum thread. Get stuck in!

Until next month, let’s see what other artistic wonders you can produce by sending us in your lovingly produced artwork. Just be sure to follow the guidelines on the main gallery page to make sure we can review your entries.

Mod Emilee & Mod Howes

Community Management

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/gallery_09

No one posted this, so I will. I think the artwork in this gallery was incredible, especially Dharok.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The Dharok seems a bit meh to me, the person chose lighting that was too complicated for them. I liked a few of the others though. The colors in the Duel Arena are awesome :thumbsup:

wl7w9j.png

Loved Butterflies by Ailinn and Troubled Mage by Unholyruler9 . Personally, I believe that Duel Arena by Marikdebie was VERY well done, however the 'flare', or 'wow factor' wasn't there.

Also Jelly-Filled Crashed Stars by Tyrutu had me full-on laughing for a good 15 seconds :-D .

Glad the gallery is back, postbag soon?

1yrb49.jpg

The jelly filled star really was funny.

I actually quite liked the dharok picture, there are very few pictures like it fully using Rs items.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

The background of the Dharok picture is amazing in my opinion, although the person in the foreground is of somewhat lesser quality. Makes you think that maybe the two parts were made by different artists, but I don't wish to imply anything. :)

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

The background of the Dharok picture is amazing in my opinion, although the person in the foreground is of somewhat lesser quality. Makes you think that maybe the two parts were made by different artists, but I don't wish to imply anything. :)

It's fairly realistic in relation to the game, seeing as how our characters are nowhere near as detailed as the environment.

Although I feel they were all well done, I don't like the fact that some of them feel repurposed, namely the butterfly catching and troubled mage pictures. They're generic and not really specifically RuneScape-related.

I sure hope that the talented artist behind "Zammy" doesn't think that the ZGWD general is really Zamorak himself...

Great gallery, just wish they'd do it more often.

2dgucz6.png

Jagex really needs to confirm that the person who submitted the picture to the gallery is the actual artist. It took me no more than 20 seconds to find this:

Players Gallery:

[spoiler=Players Gallery]Mage_Girl.jpg

Original:

[spoiler=Original]Infinity_by_Unpleasable.jpg

Please tell me why they would remove the signature, which is an alias, if they were the original owner?

Then again how do you ever truly confirm? But if you inform Jagex, they're pretty good at removing stuff like that.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I really am glad that they posted a Player's Gallery, I'm allways looking forward to the next one.

My Thoughts:

-Butterflies- My Favorite! Great feel of the perspective. The way she had to 'reach' to get the butterfly was well done.

-Duel Arena- Splendid detail. My thought is that the light coming in from the arches could be not as bright? Seems to distract from what is actually taking place. (At least, it is for me.) Maybe tone it down around the warrior?

-Jelly-Filled Star- Great humor. Loved the facial expressions.

-Dharok- Very nice background. Some parts are a bit... odd on the character. A mixture between torags and dharok maybe? Very good work.

-Chibineers- I found this funny, as some of these events have happened during my Dungeoneering floors. Last panel especially.

-Troubled mage- Seemed too.. Harry Potter as some have put it.

-Mage Girl- Seems like I've seen it somewhere before...

-Zammy- One thing i'm concerned: Where did the SS go? Seems like it blends in too easily with the background. [/nitpicky]

Awesome Artwork. Cannot wait for the next Gallery. :3

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention

Duel Arena was my favorite. :) As for the 'Mage Girl' dilemma; I too say that it wasn't an original piece. If you look at the detail from the original it's much smoother and not as pixelated. While the Players Gallery version is. If the artist had sent in the original piece, Jagex would have given it the "This image is very detailed..." thing, and we would have seen it full size. We don't have that option however, and that leads me to believe "Lily licious" is not the actual artist.

Duel Arena was my favorite. :) As for the 'Mage Girl' dilemma; I too say that it wasn't an original piece. If you look at the detail from the original it's much smoother and not as pixelated. While the Players Gallery version is. If the artist had sent in the original piece, Jagex would have given it the "This image is very detailed..." thing, and we would have seen it full size. We don't have that option however, and that leads me to believe "Lily licious" is not the actual artist.

Not necessarily. Jagex only does the "this image is very detailed" thing if there's text you need to read. The image I sent them that was accepted last month was MASSIVE and had a lot of detail. But they greatly reduced the size and didn't provide a link to a larger version. Not saying the image isn't stolen, just that they don't show larger versions of all pieces :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Not necessarily. Jagex only does the "this image is very detailed" thing if there's text you need to read. The image I sent them that was accepted last month was MASSIVE and had a lot of detail. But they greatly reduced the size and didn't provide a link to a larger version. Not saying the image isn't stolen, just that they don't show larger versions of all pieces :P

Oh that's right. :P It's unnecessary to even worry about who the artist is anyway, now that I think about it. All that matters is that those people had their artwork accepted, and they deserve the praise. Kudos to all of them! :thumbup: