Dungeoneering Rants.

Pinkbullet3

I'm not in support of level 3 skillers, i already stated that i think its a problem and should be removed. All im saying is that if your worryed about dungeoneering XP, and you want to do it the fast way, your best off doing it with level 3 skillers.

Might be just me and my awful keying skills, but wouldn't the "1 main, 4 skillers" setup take longer to finish dungeons than normal 5-man large dunge? Because you're larging an entire dungeon, and you don't get teammates to help you kill things, open doors in corners, etc. And since most skillers just leech in the main room and don't prepare anything...

I'm not saying skiller dunge is not efficient since it works for the top-end players. I'm just stating, how do all these disadvantages make skiller dunge better than regular? They don't prevent things like member doors and puzzles, and because of this, 5-man larges can be cleared faster in f2p than in p2p.

Perhaps, the time it takes to clear the 5-man large makes up for the halved exp, despite bonus rooms. This can be a possibility, but I don't know anyone in f2p who does 5-man large rushes. Even our own clan insists on clearing everything except dead ends (unless it's easy monsters).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be just me and my awful keying skills, but wouldn't the "1 main, 4 skillers" setup take longer to finish dungeons than normal 5-man large dunge? Because you're larging an entire dungeon, and you don't get teammates to help you kill things, open doors in corners, etc. And since most skillers just leech in the main room and don't prepare anything...

It may take longer, im not entirely sure. But you get double XP, so that makes up for it.

I'm not saying skiller dunge is not efficient since it works for the top-end players. I'm just stating, how do all these disadvantages make skiller dunge better than regular? They don't prevent things like member doors and puzzles, and because of this, 5-man larges can be cleared faster in f2p than in p2p.

Because they give more XP, simple. That is what makes up for the disadvantages.

O.O

It may take longer, im not entirely sure. But you get double XP, so that makes up for it.

If you can complete a regular large half the time than it takes for you to complete a skiller large, then skiller large isn't worth it.

In this context, you can have multiple people gating specific doors that don't have keys, tooling (since they can actually tank damage), fighting monster hordes, and killing the boss. And really, doing all this is much faster as a team, and it's easier than it sounds. So, are you saying JUST the double exp compensates for the guy doing this all solo, which in theory can take much longer?

Because they give more XP, simple. That is what makes up for the disadvantages.

Again, the disadvantages may be bigger than they're thought to be. If people really can clear 5-man larges half the time than 5-man skiller large, then what's the purpose of skiller dunge? More exp per reset?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

I'll ask a friend how long an average large takes with skillers.

It varies on the number of skillers though. Is it a "1 killer, 4 skillers" dunge?

The way how dungeoneering exp levels is calculated is really confusing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Ok, my friend, a very high level dung skiller generally does 3 skillers 2 combat.

Non rushes take 35-50 mins

Rushes take 20-35 mins.

Id say thats way less than double what a full team would take, and more XP.

Ah, I see. Alright, I'll agree, skiller dunge is faster exp than normal dunge. It's only effective if you're good at keying though, and since I'm crap at that, it's not worth it for me.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Yea those rates seem really high.

Then again, some of those dungers are front page dungers. After playing that long, you get really good :P

Personally, i think its worth it if your a really high level, or the level 3, otherwise no one really wants to party with you apparently.

O.O

After doing the last dungeon, I just have to say I hate unreasonable people. Someone tried to kick me (thankfully there was at least one other sensible person there) just because I wasn't going into the boss room repeatedly after dying 6 times like they and another person were doing. It wasn't even a particularly long time I was making astrals for. What annoyed me though was the fact they seemed to completely forget I was in the boss room without leaving up to when the Riftsplitter was about half health (when they had already died) having drained his defence using keen-eye and leech defence, and also the fact that I did a lot of the actual dungeon. I'm sure they wasted more time by ignoring me and another person in how to correctly do the 5-statue room. When the statues reset completely without letting you past twice, it's not something wrong with the game. The fact I got over 5x more xp than them seemed to irk them even more.

In fact, I've never seen a case where kicking has ever been a good idea. People usually try to kick for the most inane reasons and without considering the consequences. Fine if they were literally leeching the entire dungeon doing nothing when they could have been, or constantly not listening and doing things which are counter productive, but that has never been the case.

Also, blah to those people who think they know everything about dungeoneering before they've even reached level 50. Bleeargh.

Sorry, just had to say that; it's cathartic >_>

sweepsig.png

I agree with the kicking thing. I was in a dungeon yesterday and, while the person was wrong, it wasn't worth kicking him for. We needed some more money for an altar, he had some but he said "But I might need it" when the leader asked, and they kicked him. He'd contributed the rest of the dungeon and listened to the keyer the whole time, but nobody could be bothered to try to convince him and simply kicked. :/ Was a shame since we'd almost done the entire floor.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

Kicking should be removed, for 2 reasons:

1) Don't leave other players in the lurch.

2) We may need them for mime/monolith/switches and the boss. ;)

I've never been on a team where somebody wanted another kicked, and it really was for the second reason lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I hate people who put ggs down at key doors and altars instead of puting down their own gs. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING DUDE. You are supposed to carry the damn thing around so that I can quickly get to you whenever you ask for my assistance.

By the way I was doing a 5 man dungeon yesterday and the leader wanted to kick a Level: 120 because he wasn't doing anything at all. We then found a switch room.

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

I hate people who don't know how to handle a ggs properly.

They sometimes put one down at key doors and altars instead of puting down their own gs. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING DUDE. You are supposed to carry the damn thing around so that I can quickly get to you whenever you ask for my assistance.

By the way I was doing a 5 man dungeon yesterday and the leader wanted to kick a Level: 120 because he wasn't doing anything at all. We then found a switch room.

Some people were complaining that I was leaving the gt on the ground today.

^ Yeah same I left it in front of a gd and said so, and they were like omg why is the ggs in an empty room@ at least 3 times.

And then you die because theyre not giving you any food and some mage spots you when you try to home tele while trapped in a corner without pray. And after having to relog because of monster limit, I take 4 salves from the other guys 20 salve pile because I didn't have any food at 600lp. The other guy starts complaining even tho boss is flesh-spoiler.

I mean really, every time I go back to try w117 I get depressed.

2dvjurb.png

Obviously the problem is the people. Tried a couple times to be on a team that would finish the floors quickly and learn effective strategies. Really doesn't work out that way unless you happen to find a team that you know will get the job done. Too many times had I had people stuck on a puzzle, refusing to use the key, dying numerous times on an easy boss, and wasting time trying to find what to do next. Also, people need to lay off those who are lower level. Being 130+ does not mean you are good at Dungeoneering, and neither does that mean that lower levels are actually worse.

I only started Dungeoneering a couple months ago and I'm already level 67. I've done most of the floors by myself and I feel comfortable knowing I don't have to rely on others to give me the key or to kill a boss. It's terrible XP, yes, but it's an alternative. I usually spend all of my Penguin Points on Dungeoneering, and I made it a goal to reach level 70 by soloing all the floors. Afterwards I'll have to find a team.

people that say "why is the ggs here?" when i put it in a gd....

people that do one gd and dont tell whats after or a gd after and they dont do that one too

people that dont pick up keys and just say "key here"

people that dont gate doors

people that pick up keys but dont tell me >.>

people that have full food and dont give me any when asked - seriously it speeds up the dg if ii have some instead of running through w/ low lp.

people that dont drop cash to make alters on occults ...

people that try to tell me what to do >.>

people that complain about a slow map when they suck at dg

w148 been failing guess i gotta use ccs/friends and be patient loool

StarViv.png

people that say "why is the ggs here?" when i put it in a gd....

people that do one gd and dont tell whats after or a gd after and they dont do that one too

people that dont pick up keys and just say "key here"

people that dont gate doors

people that pick up keys but dont tell me >.>

people that have full food and dont give me any when asked - seriously it speeds up the dg if ii have some instead of running through w/ low lp.

people that dont drop cash to make alters on occults ...

people that try to tell me what to do >.>

people that complain about a slow map when they suck at dg

people that spend forever skilling and dont care that the map is gunna take 1hr + >.>

w148 been failing dgneering is the best with cc teams/friends teams that do 4+ floors in a row . =p

StarViv.png

Behold, one of the worst players I've ever stumbled across in w148.

He spent the entire time making useless potions for skill doors that never existed.

I wanted to replace the base farming patch with an altar since the only one was in a corner on the map.

Drama ensues.

d3b84ba850d1df2fa7b7a6f53098ba80.png

Exactly, we should be able to use all class rings at once.

Would make them far more useful.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

On the other hand, nobody really uses ALL ring settings.

I got tier 8 Artissan, Berserker and Gathrer. IF i could i would get tier in 10 all of them. But it takes so much tokens and i am struggling already to get 200K tokens. Do you have any idea how great Tier 10 Artisan, Berserker and Gatherer is? It's GODLY.

On the other hand, i am pretty sure your one of few that don't use all settings. I know 100% that if most could, they would. It's all a matter of tokens.

The only ring settings that I won't laugh at you for are berserker, blazer, desperado, and tank if keying without a plate. Skilling is pointless in dungeoneering if you intend on doing it the most efficient way possible.