Dungeoneering Rants.

Pinkbullet3

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4 most annoying things about Dungeoneering for me.

4. Some people enjoy using spears or rapiers. Don't need only STR Xp. thx

3. Two people pushing statues at the same time, cause the statue to move off the grid. Gf Statue room.

2. Level 3's think they're so intense for leeching.

1. Rushing f1-29 on complexity 1, ffs f1 is 40k large f17 is like 55k large, f29 is 65k large.... People enjoy grinding much?

O Ye, Skele Trio, piles 1 person. GF praying against 3 cb styles, not to mention they all hit 500+, and target the lowest level usually.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Rant, tried w117 again today but really shouldn't have.

At the start I tell everyone to get runes for gates and tools. I find a gd a few rooms after and tell them to ggs, but to no avail, it takes them ages to get there. I tell 2 people to gate a door and go on with my business. After a while I check their invs to see if they got money for altar at base, they do but I can't get them to drop it at base since they all 'need it themselves'. What more, only 2 out of 4 have law runes and only 1 has cosmic runes, no doors were gated and no one even mentioned that they couldn't ggs when I told them to.

We find boss after 25 mins, I tell them to go do it since there are no gds atm and I got lots of keys to use. They protest and stand around at boss until I find a gd, all while complaining how they need an altar and when I tell them the location of 2 diff altars they continue to stand around there, expecting me to teleport it to them or something. Finally find a gd, I tell someone to go there and gate it while I do other doors. He gets there, says he doesnt have runes and then complains how he can't find the altar 2 rooms east of there. I finally get the ggs there, we do it, 2 more de's and boss left. So I say I'll do the rooms start boss, but no omfg we cant do boss with 4 people. So they proceed to stand around at boss again until I get there. Finally do boss (shadow forger), manage to get ko'd once so dont even get max xp. Was a 67 minute dungeon total, and afterwards everyone was like ty shall we do f33.

(also yes they were all around 80 dung)

wat

2dvjurb.png

Rant, tried w117 again today but really shouldn't have.

At the start I tell everyone to get runes for gates and tools. I find a gd a few rooms after and tell them to ggs, but to no avail, it takes them ages to get there. I tell 2 people to gate a door and go on with my business. After a while I check their invs to see if they got money for altar at base, they do but I can't get them to drop it at base since they all 'need it themselves'. What more, only 2 out of 4 have law runes and only 1 has cosmic runes, no doors were gated and no one even mentioned that they couldn't ggs when I told them to.

We find boss after 25 mins, I tell them to go do it since there are no gds atm and I got lots of keys to use. They protest and stand around at boss until I find a gd, all while complaining how they need an altar and when I tell them the location of 2 diff altars they continue to stand around there, expecting me to teleport it to them or something. Finally find a gd, I tell someone to go there and gate it while I do other doors. He gets there, says he doesnt have runes and then complains how he can't find the altar 2 rooms east of there. I finally get the ggs there, we do it, 2 more de's and boss left. So I say I'll do the rooms start boss, but no omfg we cant do boss with 4 people. So they proceed to stand around at boss again until I get there. Finally do boss (shadow forger), manage to get ko'd once so dont even get max xp. Was a 67 minute dungeon total, and afterwards everyone was like ty shall we do f33.

(also yes they were all around 80 dung)

wat

W148 is like that sometimes now :wall:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

I hate people that make sure their inventory is full of food at the beginning of a dungeon. I also hate people that pick up every GP off the ground, and let it sit in their inventory. I've quit dungeons after the first 6ish rooms when I see my team has these annoying habits. Seriously, buy what you need and not what you want.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I hate people that make sure their inventory is full of food at the beginning of a dungeon. I also hate people that pick up every GP off the ground, and let it sit in their inventory. I've quit dungeons after the first 6ish rooms when I see my team has these annoying habits. Seriously, buy what you need and not what you want.

Kill them off and let the gods sort it out. "Rush" a dungeon opening as many doors as possible, sit back and watch them struggle to live through the mass of monsters with the added benefit of disorienting them 9 times out of 10. No point getting angry at the lot of them when the situation can be potentially entertaining. Just make sure you don't overreach yourself.

Also, boo.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

If Runescape players knew how to co-operate by nature, I guarantee that 90% of the rants posted here so far would not exist.

Once you learn how to key efficiently, you will have a MUCH easier time doing dungeons. Make yourself the dungeon leader, and have people give you keys they find. Keying is a skill I'm still trying to learn... I'd be darn good if I don't die so much. Oh well, gotta train my cb skills up more.

Also, hai Bio! :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Just had to post this completely fail story. Was doing a f45 in w148(just gets worse by the day, I even see lvl 60 dungers try and get into some teams now), everyone on team however had 90+ dung so I expected it to be all right. Completely wrong though.

First off these two guys in our team apparently speak the same language, so the dung was constant foreign language spam of them talking constantly, really distracting/annoying. The third guy went off on his own, to do a gd I thought, but when I return to base later I see katagon armor like gloves and boots and hides all over the floor.

At this point I'm giving up on them, I'm off clearing a section of skill doors by myself, I clearly announce/mark/have ggs next to a gd and tell them to do it a few times, as I see the 111 shade I marked still has the marked sign. I look at map and notice the two guys having the spam chat are in the same room, they announce it's lvl 100 hunt, one guy's begging for cures. I assume one of the two knows how to make a hunt pot, so I continued doing my section. Five minutes later I check again, now three of them are in that room, as the third guy finally made a pot and ran down to them, with cures as one of the two noobs still was rambling on about how he needed cures. The gd is still uncleared.

Finally, everyone gt's to the door that I marked ages ago. Me and my friend who's good start to kill the shade-infested, necro and mage-infested room, which lures them in (why else would they start a gd unless someone else was there to tank the damage for them?), and when we finish, instead of going on to the next gd north of the room, one guy starts mining more katagon ore.

But now that I'm with them again, I notice a change in the 3 fail teammates.

All 3 of them now had a beast of burden, a great indicator of a bad teammate. I look at their inventories, and yep, sure enough, filled to the brim with blue crabs and other food they fished and cooked. One guy now has full range armor he crafted for himself.

A short? while later, I find the boss, which, to no surprise, is Thunderous. Can any of them do it besides me and my friend? Ofc not. Me and him start making rejuv's, as none of them had the herb lvl to make them. None of them gave us any money, as they "needed it." When we go to boss, thanking our luck that the dung is finally over, we get the boss down to 25% lp, when WTFDOORLAG appears out of nowhere, no warning. Because of that lag and the innate w148 lag that is now common, Thunderous conveniently says, "Come closer!" We both come closer, and ofc, Thunderous heals, then does an earthquake attack that nearly kills me.

At this point my friend got mad and told them all to just shut up (foreign guys never stopped talking) and that he was really pissed for messing us up with no warning. Foreign guys start making jokes, and although I didn't know all the words, when stuff like "after boss" and "wait till done" get thrown in there, I realize both these teammates who are just leeching while we killed thunderous want to kick us. They start loling to themselves outside the door, plotting their revenge, when thunderous is once again almost dead.

He's at almost no health, when one of the foreign guys runs in trying to get the kill. He runs in, not to the side, but directly at thunderous, right in the you-can't-run-out-in-time and in the no-tele zone. Thunderous yells, "Come closer!" but thank god, he died before carrying it out.

As soon as he falls to the ground one of them yells, "Kick him [my friend]!"

I really hate dungeoneering sometimes. -.-

revan-1.gif

How do people get 90 dg and is still that bad. Gotta have to put it bluntly, either they bought the account, just want to troll, or have mental problems. Can't think of any other reason.

I never take maxed people in 148 for a reason.

[spoiler=Long quote from two posts up]

Just had to post this completely fail story. Was doing a f45 in w148(just gets worse by the day, I even see lvl 60 dungers try and get into some teams now), everyone on team however had 90+ dung so I expected it to be all right. Completely wrong though.

First off these two guys in our team apparently speak the same language, so the dung was constant foreign language spam of them talking constantly, really distracting/annoying. The third guy went off on his own, to do a gd I thought, but when I return to base later I see katagon armor like gloves and boots and hides all over the floor.

At this point I'm giving up on them, I'm off clearing a section of skill doors by myself, I clearly announce/mark/have ggs next to a gd and tell them to do it a few times, as I see the 111 shade I marked still has the marked sign. I look at map and notice the two guys having the spam chat are in the same room, they announce it's lvl 100 hunt, one guy's begging for cures. I assume one of the two knows how to make a hunt pot, so I continued doing my section. Five minutes later I check again, now three of them are in that room, as the third guy finally made a pot and ran down to them, with cures as one of the two noobs still was rambling on about how he needed cures. The gd is still uncleared.

Finally, everyone gt's to the door that I marked ages ago. Me and my friend who's good start to kill the shade-infested, necro and mage-infested room, which lures them in (why else would they start a gd unless someone else was there to tank the damage for them?), and when we finish, instead of going on to the next gd north of the room, one guy starts mining more katagon ore.

But now that I'm with them again, I notice a change in the 3 fail teammates.

All 3 of them now had a beast of burden, a great indicator of a bad teammate. I look at their inventories, and yep, sure enough, filled to the brim with blue crabs and other food they fished and cooked. One guy now has full range armor he crafted for himself.

A short? while later, I find the boss, which, to no surprise, is Thunderous. Can any of them do it besides me and my friend? Ofc not. Me and him start making rejuv's, as none of them had the herb lvl to make them. None of them gave us any money, as they "needed it." When we go to boss, thanking our luck that the dung is finally over, we get the boss down to 25% lp, when WTFDOORLAG appears out of nowhere, no warning. Because of that lag and the innate w148 lag that is now common, Thunderous conveniently says, "Come closer!" We both come closer, and ofc, Thunderous heals, then does an earthquake attack that nearly kills me.

At this point my friend got mad and told them all to just shut up (foreign guys never stopped talking) and that he was really pissed for messing us up with no warning. Foreign guys start making jokes, and although I didn't know all the words, when stuff like "after boss" and "wait till done" get thrown in there, I realize both these teammates who are just leeching while we killed thunderous want to kick us. They start loling to themselves outside the door, plotting their revenge, when thunderous is once again almost dead.

He's at almost no health, when one of the foreign guys runs in trying to get the kill. He runs in, not to the side, but directly at thunderous, right in the you-can't-run-out-in-time and in the no-tele zone. Thunderous yells, "Come closer!" but thank god, he died before carrying it out.

As soon as he falls to the ground one of them yells, "Kick him [my friend]!"

I really hate dungeoneering sometimes. -.-

That's just plain depressing. I thought I was having terrible experiences, but apparently I managed to pull myself away from bad teams before hitting a really terrible one like that. I'm still waiting to see whether I'm going to get viable solo exp when the new batch is out or if the random teams get better; if not I have a feeling I'll just keep slowly working my way up to having the levels for every skill door and then finally be able to take control of the situation by being an effective keyer instead of having to play the noob lottery and hope that either I have the highest noncombats or that the person who does knows how to rush.

Bartuccio3.png

this thread is really entertaining @ how much of a fail 117/148 are

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Anyone 90 wc?

No one answers for 1 min

*tells friend to make wc pot since he can pot to it*

15 minutes later

Random guy: where is wc door

this is 3bo sadly

5 minutes late

Same random guy: wow you guys fail i quit

(map is 3/4 done)

Anyone 90 wc?

No one answers for 1 min

*tells friend to make wc pot since he can pot to it*

15 minutes later

Random guy: where is wc door

this is 3bo sadly

5 minutes late

Same random guy: wow you guys fail i quit

(map is 3/4 done)

So not even 3BO is immune from inept players, huh?

I guess that just gives me more incentive to put DG on hiatus until I get a perm team.

Luckily I have a perm team already. :thumbup:

But seriously, everybody should get a toolkit at the start of a dungeon. This implies Jagex WANTS everyone to tool, and it's not a voluntary thing anymore.

But then again... "wats a toolkit?"

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Went to 117 since neither of the other two worlds had a floor I needed for like 10 mins.

I was quickly reminded why you should gtfo of there.

Me: "Guys I'll key, if you see any keys and I'm not there, take and bring to me"

Later, after unlocking 2 gds, one leads to 2 doors I can open, the other to a dead end with key.

Me: "Someone grab that key" *runs off to open doors*

Some 138: "Wow lazy keyer"

Someone else: "Can't even get the key himself"

It's because I have to open doors idiots...

Those two eventually quit on the basis that I'm a "lazy keyer" since I never "stay with them". Well damnit, do people on 117 WANT to be slow?

What boils my p*ss regarding dungeoneering:

1) Rage-quitters

2) Leaders who don't key

3) People who don't buy tools

4) People who judge your performance on your dungeoneering level

5) People that kick teammembers unnecessarily at the end of the dungeon (NERD-RAGE)

6) People who say dungeoneers without hoods are bad - what if they haven't gotten the opportunity (and that person will tank everything anyway LOL)?

7) People who don't know how to gate stuff/get GGS (e.g. 'Gold dia door found, drop ggs' - I gate my current location - I teleport - pick up ggs - teleport - they teleport)

8) Low level people that say "I knew these guys sucked" when they hit constant 0s versus anything, whilst others contribute the most. STFU, please

9) People that are mentally disabled and cannot speak angelesh, speak one language (i.e. something that everybody speaks mainly English, obviously - except if it's another server) or communicate

10) People that leave as soon as you freaking start the dungeon and say 'brb'.

That's about it, thanks for your time. :thumbup:

Went to 117 since neither of the other two worlds had a floor I needed for like 10 mins.

I was quickly reminded why you should gtfo of there.

Me: "Guys I'll key, if you see any keys and I'm not there, take and bring to me"

Later, after unlocking 2 gds, one leads to 2 doors I can open, the other to a dead end with key.

Me: "Someone grab that key" *runs off to open doors*

Some 138: "Wow lazy keyer"

Someone else: "Can't even get the key himself"

It's because I have to open doors idiots...

Those two eventually quit on the basis that I'm a "lazy keyer" since I never "stay with them". Well damnit, do people on 117 WANT to be slow?

Yeah sucks, I usually just start a team in w148 now, kinda works out even though I'm not as fast at keying as I'd like (talk too much/not direct enough plus I die way too much when I key lol).

2dvjurb.png

I fell victim of the item bind glitch. I lost my Gorgonite 2h after finishing a floor. What's even worse is that I found a celestial surgebox 15 minutes ago. I destroyed my T11 arrows and bound the box to me. But because of a glitch with the box, I can't bind a new weapon or platebody to me, so I had to destroy the box! So I've lost 125 T11 arrows, my T9 2H and my celestial surgebox...

For crying out loud, Jagex can NEVER do things right on their first try. Not going back to Daemonheim until this mess gets fixed.