Dungeoneering Rants.

Pinkbullet3

On a nub acct found a blast box... Tried to wield it and got this message:

"You need at least 30 runecrafting and 30 to wield this."

Uh, what?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fell victim of the item bind glitch. I lost my Gorgonite 2h after finishing a floor. What's even worse is that I found a celestial surgebox 15 minutes ago. I destroyed my T11 arrows and bound the box to me. But because of a glitch with the box, I can't bind a new weapon or platebody to me, so I had to destroy the box! So I've lost 125 T11 arrows, my T9 2H and my celestial surgebox...

For crying out loud, Jagex can NEVER do things right on their first try. Not going back to Daemonheim until this mess gets fixed.

Moral of the story: Don't bind useless crap.

bluesmnm.png

WTF.

Soloing a dungeon tonight, and I got a mercenary room. You know, the level 134 mage that summons everything? Complete bullsh--

50% XP reduction because of a level cap on monsters? My ass. This is insult to injury.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

WTF.

Soloing a dungeon tonight, and I got a mercenary room. You know, the level 134 mage that summons everything? Complete bullsh--

50% XP reduction because of a level cap on monsters? My ass. This is insult to injury.

+1

Except I was doing a large 5:5 for the first time. We got 3 of those rooms in one large dungeon. I disconnected once and lagged twice ending with 58% xp on a large dungeon that took 1h40min.

What a waste of time; it really turns me off of doing large dungeons now.

Mercenary rooms are just overpowered. =\ In this med dungeon in a frozen floor, Plas died 3 times, and I died 2 times... JUST IN THAT ROOM ALONE.

That was also at the beginning of the dungeon so we had no food for it.

FFF Jagex, nerf the mercenary leader.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Mercenary rooms are just overpowered. =\ In this med dungeon in a frozen floor, Plas died 3 times, and I died 2 times... JUST IN THAT ROOM ALONE.

That was also at the beginning of the dungeon so we had no food for it.

FFF Jagex, nerf the mercenary leader.

+1

Owner of a comp cape since February 11th 2012.

I agree.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I haven't seen this miniboss type thing you guys are all complaining about, but it really does sound like they didn't spend enough time trying to balance it. Maybe if they ever spent time playtesting actual content instead of trying to either play through it with item spawn codes or just expect the players to be the alpha testers of something without telling them, we could get a decent balance of challenge and fun for things like this.

Bartuccio3.png

I would be fine with the room if the monsters were close to your combat level, but they're not and with 10-12 of them hitting you with different attack styles it's pretty much impossible to tank without dieing at least once.

I would be fine with the room if the monsters were close to your combat level, but they're not and with 10-12 of them hitting you with different attack styles it's pretty much impossible to tank without dieing at least once.

The trick is to take out the leader, take him out, then tele out

All of the minions will eventually tele out of the room and the room will be clear ;)

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

All of the minions will eventually tele out of the room and the room will be clear ;)

Yeah took me a while to figure that out the first time I got the room. However unless you have some good armour/a lot of food, even with everyone on the leader you're still taking massive amount of damage in 2/3 of the attack styles. It's like Jagex is trying to prevent rushing.

I guess repeatedly running in, attacking, and teleporting out would help a bit.

Yeah took me a while to figure that out the first time I got the room. However unless you have some good armour/a lot of food, even with everyone on the leader you're still taking massive amount of damage in 2/3 of the attack styles. It's like Jagex is trying to prevent rushing.

I guess repeatedly running in, attacking, and teleporting out would help a bit.

I can generally 2 man that room, myself and 1 other person while the other 3 continue with the dungeon

Room takes a minute or two max

Just don't go in when there's A LOT of people in there, wait for them to tele out

And of course always turmoil / piety it

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

Just don't go in when there's A LOT of people in there, wait for them to tele out

And of course always turmoil / piety it

Yep. They keep tellying in and leaving based on time, starting on when you first unlock the floor. You could be in the middle of fighting one of them and then they randomly leave. I found the best way was just to wait until they all left, pile the leader, and then GGS/GS out again when they came back in.

when jagex puts monos or merchs in the begging >.> when puzzles in begging and one way.

when the whole dg is gds

i get bad maps :((

when my teamates are dumb asses and make armor whole map.....

StarViv.png

today in 148

this kid

looked in this inventory, remarked on his raw cave morays, i said nice fish

he said, stfu idiot i didn't fish for it i bought it

was at mid dung no one had pray

didn't do crap rest of floor, so we kicked him L

This, so much.

People really need to realize armor has a MINIMAL effect. It's not going to do much to you, honestly.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

This, so much.

People really need to realize armor has a MINIMAL effect. It's not going to do much to you, honestly.

Lol yesterday I had a guy in my dungeon do this routine:

"omg prom ore!"

"quickchats his 90mining"

"im gonna make armour for everyone"

"quickchats his 98 smithing"

"can someone make me an artisan pot? I can't make prom plates"

"I made gloves and boots, put them on guys it makes the dung go faster."

"tane, put on your boots and gloves." (I don't have 90 defence goddamnit.)

The rest of us were trying to clear gds and stay alive, so I said "why don't you come clear gds instead?"

And he said:

"lol watch ill still get berserker"

and he proceeded to plant 3 lycopus seeds and 2 winters grip seeds. And made 10 strong melee pots :rolleyes:

Oh in the end he did get berserker, and had full prom armour, but at what cost? 1 death to each of my teammates from early gds, and me and another guy running out of prayer recharges. I didn't die though, skele trio never attacked me :mellow: What really ticked me off was he kept quick chatting his skills, I mean, get over yourself lol.

Now I understand why making armour pisses people off.

Staurolite.png

It kind of depends on the person really. Yesterday I had a teammate make everyone the highest platebodies they could wear, while helping out with guardian doors and cooking us a ton of food. Didn't brag about his skills once and was a great player.

On another note, I've also finally gotten the hang of doing the mercenary rooms now and although they are slow to get past at least I'm not dieing with each one I encounter. :thumbup:

Also people who take all the food and then yell at you for not running in to kill the boss when you're almost dead make me mad. <_<

It kind of depends on the person really. Yesterday I had a teammate make everyone the highest platebodies they could wear, while helping out with guardian doors and cooking us a ton of food. Didn't brag about his skills once and was a great player.

On another note, I've also finally gotten the hang of doing the mercenary rooms now and although they are slow to get past at least I'm not dieing with each one I encounter. :thumbup:

Also people who take all the food and then yell at you for not running in to kill the boss when you're almost dead make me mad. <_<

they can put focus to making ragers instead with ore but i dont mind people basing food...it helps alot if everyones not completely outa food when boss is 1/4-1/2 hp...

necro and kalger usually only time this is problem tho ;O

StarViv.png

I have a passionate dislike for F2P Dungeoneering. I don't like it because of the (likely) parasetic relationship between Combaters and Skillers, or in my opinion, Leechers. I also dislike it because it's so repetitive and a few other bits of trivial stuff which botheres me. A lot.

In my eyes, Dungeoneering has never been a success. How many people here actually train it because they like it? A minority. Sadly, most people train it because they want to get more in-game experience; when it comes to Dungeoneering, it's hardly about the fun. No one likes to be in a dungeon where you're faced with constant annoyances. Leechers, Mercenary Leaders, stupid Dungeoneerers and the oveall negative attitude you tend to receive from your party turns me away from the skill, and it probably frustrates others as well.

In F2P, the most efficient team consists of two level 126s and three level 3s. Unfortunately, it also happens to be the same team set-up that no one really connects or improves their liking for Dungeoneering. Kill kill kill, run run run, pray pray pray, grind grind grind. That's it. Many lured by the call of the new skill. Many seduced by the "accomplishment". A hypnotic routine emerges, as if we depended on Dungeoneering. A skill no one really likes..

Leechers get on my nerve. I hate them because they don't do anything and they gain the reward. When one does not take the time and effort to help and contribute something, one does not deserve anyone. By offering nothing in an environment that requires something, no matter how small or trivial it may seem, what happens destruction. It is the destruction of a skill with a cool concept, even the best of days and the fun that Dungeoneering should offer. I've nothing to say to these people, for they are so vile they deserve it. You offer nothing, you should get nothing. As Ike says, "[They] get no sympathy from me." They are the monsters of Daemonheim, and beware, for they are even worse than the horrific Runescape NPCs that await you..

Combaters suffer due to these leechers because they have to duo the entire Dungeon with no help from the leechers. Who wants to duo a Large 5:5 Dungeon? It's not fun; it's hell. Honestly, I'm surprised there hasn't been a whole lot of ragequitting due to this. I would not pair up with someone who won't help me or offer anything.

Hey. Back up. Why are they working with people they couldn't care less about? Oh yeah, the XP cap! How big is it? 10%? 20%? 25%? Sorry sir, it's 50%.

WHAT THE F-@@@@

Yeah 50%. So, Jagex. You force us to unwillingly pair up with "skillers" and get our XP. Smart, eh? A shout-out to all those F2Pers who have never been a member and have high combat. Isn't Jagex rewarding you nicely? You can look forward to 50% of the XP getting taken off. You're being punished for hard work. Good logic.

Not many would actually Dungeoneer with skillers if there wasn't an XP Cap. If you think it assigns the skiller a purpose, I'll call you one who speaks ridiculous truths. Cause everyone wants leechers, amirite?

I've quit the Dungeons. They suck.

I don't have the intention to ever go in again.

[/rant]

(I'm sure those aren't all the points I can cover. Oh well.)

Generia.png

Generia: The root cause of dungeoneering not being enjoyable isn't even because of leechers or the 50% cap. The cause is a lack of networking.

If you haven't been P2P and have never been to W117, then I can see why you'd think removing the cap would make DG fun again. Well, it's not. W117 has no cap and it's still a hellhole.

Even if the cap were lifted and you DG'ed with 4 other random combaters, you will encounter new frustrations of a different form, mainly ineptitude/rudeness.

I have a lvl 39 mager and I've played in the W61 3s/2c setup, and I agree it's not fun when 3 of your party is AFK. But I actually prefer it to W117 because at least a leecher's stupidity ends there.

Only friends/people you are comfortable DG'ing with can cure the problem of grind.

I in fact have 0 prestiged many floors with friends because I simply don't care about XP as long as it's fun. And it is.