Dungeoneering Rants.

Pinkbullet3

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one isn't so much a big deal, but I was in a 4:4 med and I had to wait a good 10 minutes for the other 3 to prep for boss. They'd be taking their merry time fishing, cooking, asking where I am while I'm browsing the forums waiting to go...

I mean, preparing is important, but these people were over level 90, so fighting a 143 boss shouldn't be too big a deal.

-_-

Who was the boss? If it was Shadow-forger Ihlakhizan or Bal'lak the Pummeller, it's understandable.

Lumi, lol

"Ahhh I'm gonna die!!!" *laughs as he watches others get pelted to 1 hp*

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Another thing that bothers me:

Why do people take so long to gt. Is it that hard? Does it take skill to gt effectively? I'm not asking much for the quality of the people I dung with, I just need people to follow instructions. When you can't do that, something is wrong with you.

Another thing that bothers me:

Why do people take so long to gt. Is it that hard? Does it take skill to gt effectively? I'm not asking much for the quality of the people I dung with, I just need people to follow instructions. When you can't do that, something is wrong with you.

I feel you on that one. I was doing a dungeon with Zarfot, and no one was listening to him besides me and another guy. Long story short, he got 4 deaths and I got 2. We didn't even get to finish the dungeon because of the conquest update, though in the future I'd like to do more ridiculously fast dungeons.

I hate when my party mates have to get more food for a Level: 79 Lexicus Runewright. I have soloed that guy a hundred times already.

I find it even more annoying when players blindly melee Mr. Library. Many people out there solely use ranged on this boss FOR A REASON. <_<

It's the same with other mage-based bosses (Astea and hobgoblin earthmage). Range-melee hybrid them.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

People taking all the food

This

thats why this should be a minigame and not a skill

Its only fun when you have a solid team

Ive been in teams with 130+ who dont speak english thats really annoying too

also people who leave in the middle of large dungeons

people that wait outside the room waiting for someone else to run in and tank aswell

Veni vidi vici

I came, I saw, I conquered

Current Username : Bludclart

I recently had a game where early on, someone had said that they would tool. I was in the bathroom at that time, and came back 30 seconds into the game. Since no one was keying, and the tooler, which I didn't know was tooling, had a shadow hood, I asked if he wanted to key. Enraged, he promptly cussed me out, saying that I was an inconciderate noob who has no life, and then left the team. Later that day I joined a team with him in it, and half way through he realised that I was in his team, and left. Guess what the next room was that we had to open; a mime room.

Another time I was dungeoning, and at the start of the game someone announced that no one should hog all the food. Everyone agreed to this. But 4 minutes into the dungeon, and we were all low on food. He started complaining that everyone was hogging all the food, and demanded that they give him some. I checked his inventory, and he was full of food, and filling up his BoB. I told him to share some food with us, because I had checked his inventory, and the rest of us had less than 5 eels. He quickly denied this, and after the rest of the team checked his inventory, they asked for more food. Not wanting to share, he quickly said a few swear words, and left the dungeon.

27wu54o.jpg

Real men get 99 str on cows 8-).

I've gotten 1-80 dg and it was so boring with long larges (1 hour each) and slow exp. However for 80-93 I've only done larges if at least 2 people I knew where there. We usually always finish larges on non-occult in under 25 minutes and occult under 35. We just work out so well, 1 person smiths a plate for the keyer who uses maybe 5 eels for the rest of the dg, everyone except the keyer alchs and chops any logs they see + makes sure they gate before GT'ing. By the time all the doors are near finished everyone spends maybe 1-2 mins prepping boss by ht'ing starting a fire and using their coins to buy food, not standing at base spamming need food need food like I've seen before. Only complaints if any are monster limit and massive amounts of gd's that slow us down.

I recently had a game where early on, someone had said that they would tool.

everyone should have a toolkit or your team is doing it wrong, especially the keyer

Yeah I always tell people that. Even sometimes in one of the more "elite" dungeoneering teams. "Who tools?" "Everyone should tool".

Then to make sure they do, I buy 4 toolkits extra, drop them all in a straight line in front of a door that can be opened, and people STILL don't tool. It's just 7 inventory spaces, people...

I hate skillers that AFK on medium to large dungeons. It is especially annoying when we have to wait for 1 skiller, who logged out because they AFKed too long, to log back in to end the dungeon (they were the ones keeping our combat below 90). It was worth the 10 minute wait for the extra 20k xp, but it really ticked me off.

I also hate the skiller that completely AFKs on small dungeons. Can you poke your head in every 2-3 minutes, look at the map to at least know when we're close to the boss? We shouldn't have to wait the extra minute for the dungeon to autocomplete.

The last thing I hate is the monolith. It takes too long, and there's nothing you can do about it. It also requires most of your teammates.

During the monolith, it sucks when your team can't keep up with the ghosts. It also sucks when your team doesn't realize that everyone needs to tank, and that hitting the new spawns as quickly as possible is a must.

Also, if you get in over your head, let your teammates know. There's nothing more frustrating than having a player run out of the room when they're tanking 3-4 ghosts, only to completely wipe out the charges in a turn.

We can heal you, we can pile on your ghosts, but we need you to tank.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The biggest grievance for me is simply people who don't listen to the keyer. If I tell you to GGS to do a gd, you have 10 seconds to get in here before I'm pissed.

Oh and lever rooms always fill me with dread. Many a times w117 lags out as one team member is counting off. Plus there's always the neophyte who doesn't know what he's doing. See, if lever room damage was reduced to 10 like the emote room, it wouldn't be so bad. Instead an error costs me half my LP. If a team is so incompetent that I die from their mistake, then I am inclined to abandon them.

The biggest grievance for me is simply people who don't listen to the keyer. If I tell you to GGS to do a gd, you have 10 seconds to get in here before I'm pissed.

Oh and lever rooms always fill me with dread. Many a times w117 lags out as one team member is counting off. Plus there's always the neophyte who doesn't know what he's doing. See, if lever room damage was reduced to 10 like the emote room, it wouldn't be so bad. Instead an error costs me half my LP. If a team is so incompetent that I die from their mistake, then I am inclined to abandon them.

Next time you do a lever room, stay a few squares away from that lever until everyone is there. When you get done pulling your lever, get away from it ASAP. If you're far enough away, you take no damage.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

so i've pretty much accepted dungeoneering as a minigame, a bad one at that, and not a skill. i will say it can be fun with a good group or friends. but other than that, there's no gains to be made with it, the tokens for the rewards are steep and even more so when you have to recharge them, you can't sell anything so there's no way to make money off this "skill"

monoclesmilecopy.jpg

Totally with you on the gd thing. The one thing I hate most is when I tell people to ggt and no one comes. They're all at base standing around doing nothing, waiting for food to magically appear. Then I look in their inventory and I see 7-8 eels <_< . Also when people cook food for small rushes.

Staurolite.png

I hate when you're waiting for one person to do a skill door - the only person who is able to do said door - and instead he's off somewhere fishing or cooking. If you need lifepoints, fine, but you don't need a full inventory. Usually that's not the case anyway and instead they're just fishing for the hell of it while everyone else is waiting. -.-

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

about this you damn right!

from the first i started dungeoneering to f5 i didnt understand the skill alot i keep going with strangers till lvl 33!

actually espicially when their 2 brothers playing with ya and you dont know them omg!

they will assist their selfs leaving you behind and their opening - killing - key saver - money collecter - skiller - cooker everything omg?!

and you just keep following them like fool they dont even tell you anything where their going and wtf their doing!

after that 2 floor i did with them to lvl 33 i said enough of ur sh!t!

so i started it alone or sometimes i go with a friend! not stranger

tho now im 57- hopefully 59 today ^^

o_espil.png

Wow my last 2 floors were the worst I've ever done in W117

F36. - 2 ragequitters, other 2 and I decidied to stick it out and kill Runebound. 6 deaths, other 2 got 7 deaths. 2 and a half hours for 20k xp

F38: 1 ragequitter. When we reached Necrolord, the rest of us spent 15 minutes to prepare. everyone else died several times except me. Then they all left me to solo. I ended up dying 5 times. Necrolord had about 10% LP left. In the end I just gave upand left too. another 20k for 2 hours of work, no tokens.

Seriously, the people in W117 are appalling :angry: But at this point I have no other alternative...

My biggest thing is that 90% of people advertising a large require 130+ combat. It's such [cabbage], the fastest keyer I've ever played with was level 92. I've played with so many 130's who are completely incompetent, combat means nothing. I wish more people would advertise 70 or 80+ dungeoneering instead of combat

clansig7.gif