Tip.It Times - 18th July 2010

Racheya

Well maybe 'phobia' is a strong word for it, but it's still a sort of fear of them. And sometimes you just *have* to do quests if you want to get anywhere in Runescape. All the best content tends to be behind quests so sometimes you have to grit your teeth and get through them - even if you're scared.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe 'phobia' is a strong word for it, but it's still a sort of fear of them. And sometimes you just *have* to do quests if you want to get anywhere in Runescape. All the best content tends to be behind quests so sometimes you have to grit your teeth and get through them - even if you're scared.

The ends justifies the means. :thumbup:

No offense to the author, but I found the quest article to be ridiculous. I personally love quests and how they can frighten you so much is something I find a bit amusing.

That's the point, you PERSONALLY love quests - but this isn't the same for everyone, I do hope you realise. Everyone can have different feelings about quests and I assure you that there are people who have Quest Phobia.

And I can assure you I pity those people. I strongly agree with Aceethan, the post was ridiculous. Stop doing riskless tasks such as no-lifing skills, get some games like Zelda and such and stop overacting so much over skills. My main reason to play the game is quests, and it sickens me to constantly hear people acting as if they were a minor activity in game, stop putting down other people's activities in game. You don't see people putting down skills, do you?

It's really annoying how, when you like quests, you need to hear these people who have "quest phobia" whining all the time. Imagine that your favourite food is cake and everytime you had cake some guy was constantly blaming it next to you. Whenever a quest is out, every forums get flooded with immature kids spamming "guyde plz" "plz men y need halp with quest y am stuck" "plz post guyde", you go out and try to do the quest and you get 30 fools following you around asking for instructions, it gets pretty annoying. You don't like quests, you think they're just an obstacle and you absolutely need guides to do them, then don't do them. Get over it, they're just not for your level of questing experience, stop harassing those who love questing.

signaturemw.png

No offense to the author, but I found the quest article to be ridiculous. I personally love quests and how they can frighten you so much is something I find a bit amusing.

That's the point, you PERSONALLY love quests - but this isn't the same for everyone, I do hope you realise. Everyone can have different feelings about quests and I assure you that there are people who have Quest Phobia.

And I can assure you I pity those people. I strongly agree with Aceethan, the post was ridiculous. Stop doing riskless tasks such as no-lifing skills, get some games like Zelda and such and stop overacting so much over skills. My main reason to play the game is quests, and it sickens me to constantly hear people acting as if they were a minor activity in game, stop putting down other people's activities in game. You don't see people putting down skills, do you?

It's really annoying how, when you like quests, you need to hear these people who have "quest phobia" whining all the time. Imagine that your favourite food is cake and everytime you had cake some guy was constantly blaming it next to you. Whenever a quest is out, every forums get flooded with immature kids spamming "guyde plz" "plz men y need halp with quest y am stuck" "plz post guyde", you go out and try to do the quest and you get 30 fools following you around asking for instructions, it gets pretty annoying. You don't like quests, you think they're just an obstacle and you absolutely need guides to do them, then don't do them. Get over it, they're just not for your level of questing experience, stop harassing those who love questing.

I don't think Racheya is putting down questing at all, she's just saying she doesn't like it. :huh:

Excuse me, but what games I like to play and how I play them should have no effect on you nor be any business of yours. At NO point in the article did I suggest quests weren't important. I quote "It would be stupid of me to say that quests don’t play a huge part in many players’ Runescape lives." I also say that "In theory, I like quests. I like the idea of breaking away from the grind of most other activities and delving into exciting new stories and plotlines with interesting NPCs and humorous dialogue."

I think you're mistaking me for someone who goes on the RSOF. If you have ever seen me around update threads you'd know that I don't mind new quests in the slightest. I'm not the sort of person that NEEDS new content every week to be satisfied so please don't presume that I am. The main point of quest phobia is that you just avoid quests until you really HAVE to do them. I do believe that I am allowed to not like quests and at no point have I ever harassed quests either.

I think you might need to read the article again, because you're certainly getting the wrong idea from it :unsure:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Excuse me, but what games I like to play and how I play them should have no effect on you nor be any business of yours. At NO point in the article did I suggest quests weren't important. I quote "It would be stupid of me to say that quests don’t play a huge part in many players’ Runescape lives." I also say that "In theory, I like quests. I like the idea of breaking away from the grind of most other activities and delving into exciting new stories and plotlines with interesting NPCs and humorous dialogue."

I think you're mistaking me for someone who goes on the RSOF. If you have ever seen me around update threads you'd know that I don't mind new quests in the slightest. I'm not the sort of person that NEEDS new content every week to be satisfied so please don't presume that I am. The main point of quest phobia is that you just avoid quests until you really HAVE to do them. I do believe that I am allowed to not like quests and at no point have I ever harassed quests either.

I think you might need to read the article again, because you're certainly getting the wrong idea from it :unsure:

I don't recall asking what games you play or claiming it was my business, but still go find yourself better games because whatever you're doing it's making you sound pityful on the thread.

I don't care if you like quests or not. I don't care about how many excuses you bring up to cover the fact you fail at questing. What I care about, is that you're giving my favourite thing in game a bad image, and deliberately or not you're putting it down. When I opened up tip it and read "quest phobia" I was already taking it for an offence since "phobia" isn't much of a positive word. If you liked questing, you wouldn't have come up with such an expression, so don't come up with more excuses on that one.

Think I'm mistaking you for someone who posts on RSOF... actually no, I don't think so, I know that you're just the same kind of person who goes and begs for guides whenever a quest is out, you've proved it to me enough. I know how people who don't like quests react to them. You just happen to speak English better than most quest ranters out there.

You may be allowed to not like quests but who are you to go and put it down? The choice of keeping it for yourself or putting it down in front of others makes quite a difference. If your opinions wouldn't be unwanted/offensive, they wouldn't have backfired at all... in fact I believe you already knew in advance they would backfire which is why you took precautions and wrote sentences such as "bla bla i like quests & don't mean to put them down" etc.

I've been through this several times and I know damn well what idea I'm getting from your post, because this is how it all begins. So yeah, if you don't agree that what you posted may be taken as offensive feel free to stay in denial, but do know that there are people out there who think this post of yours is pityful, ridiculous and offensive.

signaturemw.png

I don't recall asking what games you play or claiming it was my business, but still go find yourself better games because whatever you're doing it's making you sound pityful on the thread

I'll say it again. What games I do/do not play really has no relevance to this discussion so... I'm not sure what on earth is making me sound 'pitiful'.

I don't care if you like quests or not. I don't care about how many excuses you bring up to cover the fact you fail at questing. What I care about, is that you're giving my favourite thing in game a bad image, and deliberately or not you're putting it down. When I opened up tip it and read "quest phobia" I was already taking it for an offence since "phobia" isn't much of a positive word. If you liked questing, you wouldn't have come up with such an expression, so don't come up with more excuses on that one.

I didn't realise it was hard to fail at questing. As a matter of fact I can do quests fine - it's just that I don't like doing them. Also no matter how much they're your favourite thing, everyone has the right to say that they dislike it. That's what free speech is. And I'm sorry if it 'offends' you, but again this is a matter of just opinion. At no point did I ever single out any user or anything of the sort, I simply expressed my opinion and feelings about quests. You're right, if I liked questing I wouldn't have gotten anywhere writing that article. But I don't, so I did.

Think I'm mistaking you for someone who posts on RSOF... actually no, I don't think so, I know that you're just the same kind of person who goes and begs for guides whenever a quest is out, you've proved it to me enough. I know how people who don't like quests react to them. You just happen to speak English better than most quest ranters out there.

You have NO idea about me. You've never talked to me. You're not my friend, or even someone who I regularly come across on the forums. Making assumptions about people based on an 800 word article is what makes you completely wrong. Many people on Tip.It can testify that I'm NEVER the person to whine about quests and rant. I never beg for guides or anything like that. In fact, I'm often the more positive person who'll look to find the good aspects of updates - including quests.

You may be allowed to not like quests but who are you to go and put it down? The choice of keeping it for yourself or putting it down in front of others makes quite a difference. If your opinions wouldn't be unwanted/offensive, they wouldn't have backfired at all... in fact I believe you already knew in advance they would backfire which is why you took precautions and wrote sentences such as "bla bla i like quests & don't mean to put them down" etc.

Who am I? I'm Racheya, the Tip.It Times writer. Who's job it is to take another aspect on something - good or bad - and generate discussion. How on earth has my article backfired? One person (you) has found it offensive and even better, you're helping to create discussion. I didn't do that to cover my arse, so to speak, I did it because I didn't want to give the impression that I just HATE quests. Because I don't hate them, I like them in theory, but I dislike doing them.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I didnt really understand the quest phobia thing, though yes, there are a few quests which i dread.

Especially those horrible, horrible luck based ones like underground pass... *shivers*

Luckily for me, i finished that DT Chest in under 5 tries.

That being said, there are also quests i love, like monkey madness.

O.O

Tbh, I developped a bit of a questphobia after I died as a noob during Dragon Slayer. The next "hard" quest I did was Monkey Madness and it took a while before I finished that one.

What kept me coming back to quests then? Mostly the thrill of the hunt. And after doing a bunch of hard quests, I grew more confident in my own skills. So now I have a QP cape :^_^:

priest_wiz.png

Get over it, they're just not for your level of questing experience, stop harassing those who love questing.

Stop harrassing those who don't like what you like, Sir. :shades:

Yeah....

Soooooooo... What was this Thread about again? It seems to have turned into a discussion--- Oh yes!

I enjoyed reading the articles, which is weird since I don't usually READ the articles unless It's about something I really want to know about.... But yeah. xD

I think you used the term 'Phobia' wrongly, really... it's not like you look at a quest and freak out going "AMG. QUEST. GET IT AWAY FROM MEEEEEEEEEE!" unless you do, which I KNOW you don't, but if you do... *pets*

I do understand what you mean though... some quests, I just have to growl at...

LIGHTsfan.png

signature.png

Rach's the Bern to my Lambda, Req's the Erika to Rach's Bern. It works.

Worth mentioning, the Did You Know fact does not apply to fish from Heavy Rod fishing (leaping salmon, etc.)

I don't recall asking what games you play or claiming it was my business, but still go find yourself better games because whatever you're doing it's making you sound pityful on the thread

I'll say it again. What games I do/do not play really has no relevance to this discussion so... I'm not sure what on earth is making me sound 'pitiful'.

I didn't realise it was hard to fail at questing. As a matter of fact I can do quests fine - it's just that I don't like doing them. Also no matter how much they're your favourite thing, everyone has the right to say that they dislike it. That's what free speech is. And I'm sorry if it 'offends' you, but again this is a matter of just opinion. At no point did I ever single out any user or anything of the sort, I simply expressed my opinion and feelings about quests. You're right, if I liked questing I wouldn't have gotten anywhere writing that article. But I don't, so I did.

You have NO idea about me. You've never talked to me. You're not my friend, or even someone who I regularly come across on the forums. Making assumptions about people based on an 800 word article is what makes you completely wrong. Many people on Tip.It can testify that I'm NEVER the person to whine about quests and rant. I never beg for guides or anything like that. In fact, I'm often the more positive person who'll look to find the good aspects of updates - including quests.

Who am I? I'm Racheya, the Tip.It Times writer. Who's job it is to take another aspect on something - good or bad - and generate discussion. How on earth has my article backfired? One person (you) has found it offensive and even better, you're helping to create discussion. I didn't do that to cover my arse, so to speak, I did it because I didn't want to give the impression that I just HATE quests. Because I don't hate them, I like them in theory, but I dislike doing them.

"I didn't realize it was hard to fail at questing" yeah, right, yet you're chickened out by quests. I may be opposing your opinion, doesn't mean I'm stupid and unable to see that.

Got no idea about you? Maybe. But in this one topic, I have an idea of what you are, and that's what matters. Whatever way you act like in real life has nothing to do with this. Anyway, I don't really care much about this point here I'll drop it there.

And if by telling me you're a tip.it writer you're expecting me to feel intimidated, then you can go back to step 1 with that my friend. Having a title on some forums means nothing, and your writing isn't particularly great anyway. How do I know? Because you can't even find good words to express your thoughts. Here you say you just "don't like quests", and on the post you claim to have a "quest phobia". Do you have any idea about what a phobia is? A phobia isn't about disliking something, it's about being afraid of something. So either you're totally confused in your mind, or either you just don't know what you're doing. Generate discussion.. that made me smile for real. You're not generating a normal discussion you're just generating trouble lol...

"I just HATE quests. Because I don't hate them, I like them in theory, but I dislike doing them."

LOL!

Look, I'll make this easier for you to understand. This is what I read in my mind, when I read your ranting post:

Title: I am afraid of questing

So here's my life... yesterday I completed a quest, wow it was like the first time in my life. See, I'm afraid of quests, right, it's quest phobia =D

I like quests and stuff it's a good idea to take a break, but at the same time I go on forums and post stuff such as "i HATE quests", I even write it in caps so that I make it clear. Doesn't make much sense but yeah you get the point don't you? ^^ Just saying this cause, that way I sound more positive about it... it's some leetsauce technique I learnt at school. Anyway, let me tell you my stories about questing, I'm sure it will make your life better.

*rant*

*rant*

*bla bla*

*cry*

*cry*

*rant*

*rant*

*cry*

*whine*

*tell storeh*

*whine*

*tell mah life*

*cry*

*shantay pass is evil*

*rant*

So yeah dudes.. hope I enlightened you on how quests are scary stuff (hehe you know what I mean ^^ just rush them with guides they're not worth it), if some quester ridicules you just come up with some quest phobia excuse like me, that way they'll take you more srsly. I mean, we all go through it on a daily basis rite?

Oh and i forgot to add, I do like quests. They're great stuff. Just adding this so that questers don't feel offended or anything, you know... kind of stuff we like doing to not sound like we're putting down what they like or something...

So yeah now I need some attention so go post on the thread!! Make more discussion!

I genuinely hope you learnt something from this and will improve your next posts. I like reading the kind of stuff you write, it's nice to see other people's opinions. But if someone posts complete nonsense, or puts down something I like and backs his opinions up with more nonsense, I'm just not the kind of person to keep it for myself. So tell you what, since I'm a nice guy I'll read whichever post you make next and constructively comment it. I've been interested in finding a good Runescape newspaper for a while but didn't find one so far, so if you tell me you're all leetsauce at this then I'll come back too see about that. My expectations aren't very high anyway.

Cheers.

signaturemw.png

100718193154.png

16-17-92-60934199 page 13 :P

Yeah they already stated they have no plans to raise the level cap to 120, but having no plans leaves it open for them to do whatever they want at a later time. I think they got the cap to 120 because it was fairly easy to get 99. I mean people got 99 Dungeoneering within like 2 months or something... Given, they no-lifed. But here we are, (what, 3-4 months later?) and people are already over half way to 120.

They made it 120 because of all the rewards. By the time you collect all the useful, high-end rewards, say all chaotic weapons and shields, you'll have over 99 Dungeoneering. Add to this the items in batch two....

As for the quest article...I personally love quests, but stupid things like that chest shouldn't be there. Or the MEP2 obstacle thing. Depends only on your luck.

Zelda games are very fun. One of the things about Zelda is that I'm pretty sure none of the game depends on luck. Not the type of luck that involves you trying to open a treasure chest 30 times with an RNG determining your success....

Randomness- that's what I like about the Soceresses Garden. It depends on skill, not luck, (Unless you get lag.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

"I didn't realize it was hard to fail at questing" yeah, right, yet you're chickened out by quests. I may be opposing your opinion, doesn't mean I'm stupid and unable to see that.

Got no idea about you? Maybe. But in this one topic, I have an idea of what you are, and that's what matters. Whatever way you act like in real life has nothing to do with this. Anyway, I don't really care much about this point here I'll drop it there.

And if by telling me you're a tip.it writer you're expecting me to feel intimidated, then you can go back to step 1 with that my friend. Having a title on some forums means nothing, and your writing isn't particularly great anyway. How do I know? Because you can't even find good words to express your thoughts. Here you say you just "don't like quests", and on the post you claim to have a "quest phobia". Do you have any idea about what a phobia is? A phobia isn't about disliking something, it's about being afraid of something. So either you're totally confused in your mind, or either you just don't know what you're doing. Generate discussion.. that made me smile for real. You're not generating a normal discussion you're just generating trouble lol...

"I just HATE quests. Because I don't hate them, I like them in theory, but I dislike doing them."

I like quests and stuff it's a good idea to take a break, but at the same time I go on forums and post stuff such as "i HATE quests", I even write it in caps so that I make it clear. Doesn't make much sense but yeah you get the point don't you? ^^ Just saying this cause, that way I sound more positive about it... it's some leetsauce technique I learnt at school. Anyway, let me tell you my stories about questing, I'm sure it will make your life better.

I genuinely hope you learnt something from this and will improve your next posts. I like reading the kind of stuff you write, it's nice to see other people's opinions. But if someone posts complete nonsense, or puts down something I like and backs his opinions up with more nonsense, I'm just not the kind of person to keep it for myself. So tell you what, since I'm a nice guy I'll read whichever post you make next and constructively comment it. I've been interested in finding a good Runescape newspaper for a while but didn't find one so far, so if you tell me you're all leetsauce at this then I'll come back too see about that. My expectations aren't very high anyway.

Cheers.

Is there a point of belittling someone? If you have different opinions, that's fine. Discuss them in a mature manner. Your post was far from mature, and didn't provide any discussion value. Just my two cents from what I've read, so please next time, if you provide no discussion value, and just belittle someone, leave it off the forums.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Cheers.

I highly doubt Racheya saying she is a tip.it writer was meant to intimidate. It shows that she has to write and what she does choose to write is up to her. If you wish to brag about your questing you are free to write your own article to fill the space. Until then I would hope you have enough brains to respect somebodies opinion of an online game. It is an opinion that has been backed up by feeling towards something, which is all that needs to be done. I'm not sure why you seem to find it so offensive, but you have yet to discuss why you are so strongly against her argument apart from Racheya herself and how she writes.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

... if I had the guts, I'd add something more to what those two awesome people just said... but I don't so...

^^ What they said :shades:

LIGHTsfan.png

signature.png

Rach's the Bern to my Lambda, Req's the Erika to Rach's Bern. It works.

In the first article it says "At press-time, the highest player in the game has already reached level 115" I'm not entirely sure what at press-time means...but I just checked the highscores and the highest level is only 114...fact check next time maybe?

It means the time of writing/going to press. Articles are written in advance, not on the day of publishing, so it's very possible for facts to be incorrect - something we can't avoid.

Ah thanks for clearing that bit up. Yes I do know the articles are written in advance, I just found it a little strange that the author would attempt to guess at the highest level on the date of publishing rather than just saying what the level was at the time of writing. But that's just my opinion. Oh and fyi my original post was not meant to be rude in any way...I was merely saying that I thought there may have been a mistake which is why I said to do a fact check next time maybe. Just wanted to clear that up. ;)

Oh no, it's a jaded old timer!

No offense to those who are all "rawr, quests are awesome" - Quests on Runescape suck. I've played alot of console games and own my fair share and I don't see what you're so adamantly defending. For starters

1) The quest lines in runescape, can take ages to advance story, look at camel romance, it's been unfinished for years. How many years will we wait to see more about the dragonkin in why guthix sleeps cutscene? when they come out will anyone care? It's hard to keep excitement for that

2) Do they even contribute to the story? For every WGS, or Within the light you have a One Small Favour - a quest that advances nothing, it's hard to argue that quests are main contributors to the storyline as we both know, you can't beat the game. The game will never end, the story will never finsh - thus - the storyline advancing is kind of....pointless really. What really changed after fairtale 1 and 3? the orks came and gone, but the place remained fairly the same before it was invaded and after. Oh yeah, it was under siege for well over a year?

Secondly, Quests are pretty much the same as training.

Click Click Read, read - Very few quests can legitimately challenge a player to where they pose any real risk - and even those that can be tough (Nomad and the wise old man new one) You have 0% chance to lose any items (well, maybe if you get D/C) - So no real risk there either.

Nothing more than a "distraction and diversion" really.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I wanna try to find the newpost announcing One Small Favour. What could they possibly have said to make it seem interesting? "You get to run around Runescape giving items to people! For your efforts you get a limited edition keychain!"

LOL!

Look, I'll make this easier for you to understand. This is what I read in my mind, when I read your ranting post:

Cheers.

I don't mean IRL. I mean online. You don't know what sort of person I am on the forums and the person I am on the forums IS what I post.

I don't expect to intimidate you by saying I'm a times writer. I would have assumed you already figured that because of the 'Tip.It Times writer' in my signature, and also the fact that I write... for the Times. Also if my writing is so poor, I'd like to see you write an article too. Seriously, we have guest articles on quite often and it would be interested to see a counter article from you.

Maybe phobia isn't the perfect word. But like I said, the fear of quests (quest phobia) leads to disliking doing quests.

I'm going to ignore your 'article' since that's just a blatant attempt at trying to insult me, which isn't really worth responding to.

I do hope that you keep reading the Times, but I can't say that I've learnt anything at all from what you've said because all it is is opinion - which can't really be something improved upon.

In the first article it says "At press-time, the highest player in the game has already reached level 115" I'm not entirely sure what at press-time means...but I just checked the highscores and the highest level is only 114...fact check next time maybe?

It means the time of writing/going to press. Articles are written in advance, not on the day of publishing, so it's very possible for facts to be incorrect - something we can't avoid.

Ah thanks for clearing that bit up. Yes I do know the articles are written in advance, I just found it a little strange that the author would attempt to guess at the highest level on the date of publishing rather than just saying what the level was at the time of writing. But that's just my opinion. Oh and fyi my original post was not meant to be rude in any way...I was merely saying that I thought there may have been a mistake which is why I said to do a fact check next time maybe. Just wanted to clear that up. ;)

Of course, I understand it wasn't being rude. Since we don't have any fact checkers, that does sometimes cause a problem so I get what you mean. I think that the figure used was the one at the time of writing, but I guess it was ambiguously referred to as time of going to press :)

Oh no, it's a jaded old timer!

No offense to those who are all "rawr, quests are awesome" - Quests on Runescape suck. I've played alot of console games and own my fair share and I don't see what you're so adamantly defending. For starters

1) The quest lines in runescape, can take ages to advance story, look at camel romance, it's been unfinished for years. How many years will we wait to see more about the dragonkin in why guthix sleeps cutscene? when they come out will anyone care? It's hard to keep excitement for that

2) Do they even contribute to the story? For every WGS, or Within the light you have a One Small Favour - a quest that advances nothing, it's hard to argue that quests are main contributors to the storyline as we both know, you can't beat the game. The game will never end, the story will never finsh - thus - the storyline advancing is kind of....pointless really. What really changed after fairtale 1 and 3? the orks came and gone, but the place remained fairly the same before it was invaded and after. Oh yeah, it was under siege for well over a year?

Secondly, Quests are pretty much the same as training.

Click Click Read, read - Very few quests can legitimately challenge a player to where they pose any real risk - and even those that can be tough (Nomad and the wise old man new one) You have 0% chance to lose any items (well, maybe if you get D/C) - So no real risk there either.

Nothing more than a "distraction and diversion" really.

I guess you're kinda right there, Das. There aren't many quests at all that are legitimately challenging. Even so, they can be imposing, sometimes, to the point where you're pretty much scared of doing them so you simply avoid them.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

LOL!

The fact that you have had to post a pathetic video to 'prove your point' just honestly proves how your thought process works, and it most probably just goes: DERP DERP DERP. You have got the wrong idea, entirely, about Racheya. She does not ask for 'guyde plz' when a quest comes out, in fact, she is one of the people giving a valid point. Not posting GUIDE PLZ as you have assumed.

And for the record, assuming how people are - from ONE article, yes - just one, which has been manufactured to create discussion and show opinion, is not how to go about things. Keep that mindset and you won't go anywhere.

Also just one small point. The fact that you were 'disgusted' over someone else's opinion, on an online game, I repeat, GAME, is quite sad to be very honest. And before you go all Erika Furudo on me, yes I do get upset with some updates, like Jagex really giving RuneFest tickets free) but I'd never get sad, or disgusted, over someone else's opinion.

Maybe you should re-re-read the article and don't make assumptions over someone when you don't know them.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I'd hate for the level cap to be increased. I'm a casual player, so I don't have a 99 (I want one, but I prefer to playing when i want and achieving that goal slowly). If i had to get 104m xp for the max cap, I'll still play, but I'll never bother aiming higher, and hell I'd probably quit. Runescape still takes days to get 99's, and that's assuming you've collected all materials ahead of time, as well as assuming you know what to do. A completely knew player might takes months to get that 99.

13.1m xp takes long enough to get, and most people have lives. I'd prefer a large game that takes a lot of time, but not an insanely large game that takes up your life. Not to mention it would totally unbalance things in the future.

I loved runescape before, when our hits barely passed the 90's, and I know i'm not the only one. Now jagex updated it to hit 10x those amounts, but that lost some of RS's uniqueness as a whole. Now having skills surpass 99 further makes it lose its uniqueness.

Not to mention, Dungeoneering isn't worth much in my eyes, it boosting the magic level of 99 to 120 and 104m xp was too much. The concept is great, but as a skill its all over the place. For someone with my stats (62 pray, 88 hp, 82 att, 84 str, 81 def, 91 range, 72 mage, 75 summon), with ~60's in his other skills, combat is much to difficult in that skill. I have the levels for higher equipment, but I can't make such equipment. hence 1 reason I'm just against boosting the levels further. it'll remind me of the skill we call crap (dung=dungeoneering), and I think that will be the end of my RS life. I stuck around when the wildy was removed, but dung brought me closer to quitting than wildy being removed did :/

Great articles btw

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

"Days" is an understatement, unless you were describing the fastest 99s while playing 24 hours/day.

Is there a point of belittling someone? If you have different opinions, that's fine. Discuss them in a mature manner. Your post was far from mature, and didn't provide any discussion value. Just my two cents from what I've read, so please next time, if you provide no discussion value, and just belittle someone, leave it off the forums.

You call me immature yet you jump in the train and start attacking on me rather than on my points?

Same goes for everyone else who did the same thing as above... pretty ironic of you.

I don't expect to intimidate you by saying I'm a times writer. I would have assumed you already figured that because of the 'Tip.It Times writer' in my signature, and also the fact that I write... for the Times. Also if my writing is so poor, I'd like to see you write an article too. Seriously, we have guest articles on quite often and it would be interested to see a counter article from you.

Maybe phobia isn't the perfect word. But like I said, the fear of quests (quest phobia) leads to disliking doing quests.

I do hope that you keep reading the Times, but I can't say that I've learnt anything at all from what you've said because all it is is opinion - which can't really be something improved upon.

Fine, give me instructions on how to join the gues writing stuff, give me a topic and I'll gladly write any article if you really want to put me to test. I've been strongly deceived about nearly every single quest review out there, so yeah maybe it is time someone who knows what he's talking about makes an actual accurate review on questing, especially on some fan website where it can have at least some impact on the communnity and maybe encourage people to stop bashing on questing like you do.

signaturemw.png

I still think this game has no purpose or direction through questing.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln