Tip.It Times - 18th July 2010

Racheya

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to me :)

Enjoy the articles!

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me no wants 120 cap--it'll be way more expensive to train my skills and I'm poor enough as it is. :(

Yay first post :P

[hide=A funny conversation]Me:Have u wondered how my brassard, which leaves my chest bare, give about the same def as ur pile of rocks?

Friend:Hahaha

Friend:Maybe you are just good at blocking with your shoulder?

Me:Ahahahahaha[/hide]Rare drops: 4 D legs, 1 D skirt

Barrows items: 2 Verac's helms, 1 Dhorak's Greataxe, 1 Dhorak's platelegs, 2 Karil's leathertops, 1 Karil's crossbow, 1 Guthan's chainskirt

Quest cape achieved 28 Dec, 2009, lost with Nomad's Requiem, re-obtained on 19 Mar 2010.

Fire cape achieved 1 Nov 2010.

I have always been a player that looked forward to the lifting of the 99 cap. I wish to see what would happen to the current bosses with higher level players. I also think the cap should be lifted gradually, for example, 1 lvl per month for 21 months. That would give plenty of time for those who want to keep up with the highest lvls to make it to the next month. Of course, in the last months, that challenge would be harder and those who already have the XP would have a timing advantage over the others.

I expect Jagex to fill the current skills, fix the "HP" problem in PVP and release some new harder bosses to tease us before lifting the cap. The worst thing they could do would be to lift the cap all the way to 120 in one go without warning. PVP would be so messed up and knowing the whinny nature of pkers (yeah flame bait), countless players would quit on the spot.

To Jagex I say: bring it on!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Nice articles and I agree, you shouldn't have skills that are 120, maybe some for the common ones: Cooking, Str, Fletching etc. But there are skiils ain't even maxed yet, such as Slayer, Summoning, RC etc.

I hope you like the DYK tip. :)

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

I hope the 120 cap does happen it's unfair that the 120 Dungeoneerer's get an advantage over everyone else and the hiscores will be much more exciting then. In my eyes even if they brought in 120 caps, all 99s would still be classed as maxed and would still be a great achievement.

Raising the level cap to 120, but still keeping the lvl 99 mark with the skillcapes is a very good idea. If you really like a skill, you can keep training it and still keep getting better at it.

I don't understand why so many people are against it, like they really have to get everything to 120? So shortsighted.

As for the second article, I always go into quests with my Agile outfit and some cheap-but-effective equipment and a questkit. If I die, I won't lose anything valuable and I will know what I need to prepare for when I return.

Still, in the recent quests, you almost always find/get what you need to complete them. You also get more boss-strategy hints from NPC's than in older quests.

priest_wiz.png

If there was 120 slayer, it would take 7,000 hours to max out. If you spent that time at a job in real life, you would make $61250 even on minimum wage. That's enough to buy a pretty nice car.

If there was 120 summoning, it would take 250,000 crimson charms to max out. That's 333,000 waterfiends. Thats approximately 80,000 hours of non-stop killing waterfiends at around max combat, not to mention the time it takes to actually turn those charms in pouches. If you had a job in real life and worked that long on a $12.50 per hour wage, you'd have $1,000,000. Oh by the way, that's 17% of your waking life.

If there was 120 prayer, you couldn't even hold in your bank the amount of coins required to buy the bones needed to max out. And I don't even want to know how long it takes to burn all those bones...

:shock:

(no but seriously whoever gets 120 summoning better shoot themselves afterwards, or just think about the meaning of their life)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Good one. Enjoyed reading it.

When? I'm not sure. I think the view of every skill being upgraded to a limit of 120 levels, lies mainly in players who have reached those simple 99s, and got used to the routine of having mastered these skills. If you look at the wider picture, the goal of having all skills at level 99 is still a very incredible feat to achieve, and to this day there are still very few (relative to the amount of players) people who had done it.

zj7y4z.gif

DeeKay.png

If there was 120 slayer, it would take 7,000 hours to max out. If you spent that time at a job in real life, you would make $61250 even on minimum wage. That's enough to buy a pretty nice car.

If there was 120 summoning, it would take 250,000 crimson charms to max out. That's 333,000 waterfiends. Thats approximately 80,000 hours of non-stop killing waterfiends at around max combat, not to mention the time it takes to actually turn those charms in pouches. If you had a job in real life and worked that long on a $12.50 per hour wage, you'd have $1,000,000. Oh by the way, that's 17% of your waking life.

If there was 120 prayer, you couldn't even hold in your bank the amount of coins required to buy the bones needed to max out. And I don't even want to know how long it takes to burn all those bones...

(no but seriously whoever gets 120 summoning better shoot themselves afterwards, or just think about the meaning of their life)

80,000 hours to kill 333,000 fiends? thats like 4 fiends per hour lmfao.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

@Aeil, Glad I'm not the only one who caught that :P

@mario_sunny, You seem to have made your calculations based on the assumption that Lv100-120 would bring no additional content, only levels to grind through. It would be silly to think that you would be forced to grind out those 21 new levels without new training methods/content that afford higher experience rates/efficiency. When people train those last few herblore levels to 99, are they still using guam? Of course not (unless they are being resourceful, but I'm talking strictly maximum efficiency grinding here). The training methods change as your level increases, and so I would assume that if all skills eventually receive a 120 cap, new, more effective training methods will be released to fill those 21 levels.

lizzenkov.png

@Aeil, Glad I'm not the only one who caught that :P

@mario_sunny, You seem to have made your calculations based on the assumption that Lv100-120 would bring no additional content, only levels to grind through. It would be silly to think that you would be forced to grind out those 21 new levels without new training methods/content that afford higher experience rates/efficiency. When people train those last few herblore levels to 99, are they still using guam? Of course not (unless they are being resourceful, but I'm talking strictly maximum efficiency grinding here). The training methods change as your level increases, and so I would assume that if all skills eventually receive a 120 cap, new, more effective training methods will be released to fill those 21 levels.

At the moment there is one person with 200M xp in summoning ALREADY, and 2 in total who would have level 120 in summoning.

-------------------Proud Pure F2P-------------------

dangerkiddo.png

In the first article it says "At press-time, the highest player in the game has already reached level 115" I'm not entirely sure what at press-time means...but I just checked the highscores and the highest level is only 114...fact check next time maybe?

Okay I'm getting really fed up with the whole "back in the day there weren't people that had as many 99s" way of saying that the people getting 99s are bad. Of course there weren't as many people! This game is almost ten years old and some of you are still living in the past. It was bound to happen and, eventually, being maxed will be the new skillcape to wear. It's the natural progression of a game. Jagex has not released enough content (in other words, skills) to keep up with the rate that its players are progressing.

Okay, end of rant. The article kind of went in circles but it was alright. Didn't read the other one.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

There is a small problem if they were to extend caps from 99 to 120 with how the game is right now.

While some skills such as smithing would benefit from putting the cap past 99, far to many skills would be open ended. Aside from smithing and a select few skills, most skills max out content at the high 80's or low 90's. There would be huge amounts of blank space between 90 and 120. This is not to mention that there is already large amounts of blank space on 1-99 for most skills.

Putting the Skill Mastery at 99 and True Skill Mastery at 120 might not be a bad idea for the future, but I think they need to work on filling all the gaps from 1-99 first before they even think about making more skills max out at 120. Until they have the content to go with the levels, raising the cap would have no effect on anyone whatsoever other than peoples total levels. Total level is just a number. I'd rather have content to go with that number.

I'm one of those players who would quit right away. The only reason I play this game is for combat -- specifically clanning and wars.

If my maxed out melee stats are made worthless by an increase to the cap, bye bye Runescape.

[2010] Proud Member of Downfall

[2004-2005] Former Leader of The Unbreakables, Former Member of Corruption, Former Member of 'The' Clan

(...and Anarchy for a few weeks... shhh...)

Level 120 cap would be a horrible idea and would only demean everyone's existing accomplishment that they spent their whole RS experience to attain

Below is the thread I created on the RSOF in response to this topic

Quick find code: 16-17-648-61331744

In the first article it says "At press-time, the highest player in the game has already reached level 115" I'm not entirely sure what at press-time means...but I just checked the highscores and the highest level is only 114...fact check next time maybe?

It means the time of writing/going to press. Articles are written in advance, not on the day of publishing, so it's very possible for facts to be incorrect - something we can't avoid.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

100718193154.png

16-17-92-60934199 page 13 :P

Yeah they already stated they have no plans to raise the level cap to 120, but having no plans leaves it open for them to do whatever they want at a later time. I think they got the cap to 120 because it was fairly easy to get 99. I mean people got 99 Dungeoneering within like 2 months or something... Given, they no-lifed. But here we are, (what, 3-4 months later?) and people are already over half way to 120.

Big_Stingman.png

I'm one of those players who would quit right away. The only reason I play this game is for combat -- specifically clanning and wars.

If my maxed out melee stats are made worthless by an increase to the cap, bye bye Runescape.

I never thought I'd be so accurate on my assumptions...

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

100718193154.png

16-17-92-60934199 page 13 :P

Yeah they already stated they have no plans to raise the level cap to 120, but having no plans leaves it open for them to do whatever they want at a later time. I think they got the cap to 120 because it was fairly easy to get 99. I mean people got 99 Dungeoneering within like 2 months or something... Given, they no-lifed. But here we are, (what, 3-4 months later?) and people are already over half way to 120.

maa i find the topic miss leading (The Looming Threat of 120) when really right now there no threat jagex given many reason why dung got 120 and other skills won't

stealing creation was made 2008 that not sign of 120+ jagex made this mini game so people could spend less time doing grind on skills they hate but turns out just became save cash :P

same goes with ba hornn

tip.t suppose to be a site that help rs by making topic like this will just help the panic more

28qrtba.jpg

I think you messed up your calculation. Slayer xp is around 20-30k xp/hr. At 20k xp/hr takes 5.2k hours to get 104m xp. Of course, that's still an enormous amount of time but it is still 2000 hours saved ;) ($7.25*5200 = $37700 made if you had a minimum wage job)

Summoning also does not take that long. I reached 99 summoning before 99 slayer and I started Summon training after I was around 60-70 Slayer. It is actually a pretty fast skill if you ask me.

Also. consider Dungeoneering which maxxes out at around 100k xp/hr (I have only hit 65-75k xp/hr at my best, can't get close to it now since I haven't touched Dungeon after the first month of release). That means it takes 1040 hours. So in that time a person can make $7540 irl with a minimum wage job. Just thought I'd add that into the mix as well since Dungeoneering is after all the only skill with a lvl 120 cap.

120dgl.jpg

No offense to the author, but I found the quest article to be ridiculous. I personally love quests and how they can frighten you so much is something I find a bit amusing.

That's the point, you PERSONALLY love quests - but this isn't the same for everyone, I do hope you realise. Everyone can have different feelings about quests and I assure you that there are people who have Quest Phobia.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

No offense to the author, but I found the quest article to be ridiculous. I personally love quests and how they can frighten you so much is something I find a bit amusing.

That's the point, you PERSONALLY love quests - but this isn't the same for everyone, I do hope you realise. Everyone can have different feelings about quests and I assure you that there are people who have Quest Phobia.

I don't think calling it a phobia is strictly correct though, unless you are genuinely afraid of doing a quest. In which case, why do them at all?