Volatile/Morphic - Worth extra 0.20x xp?

Monky

My discussion today is if anyone uses the Volatile tool (2.2x xp) which you can not choose which tool it changes into, without sacrificing its Health%. Or do you stick with the Morphic tool (2.0x xp) which you can choose your tool and it will remain that until is % fully depletes.

Now the main reason I pose this question is that, does anyone use the Volatile and let it change freely because they have bulk of the things they can use them for. But its just the things where they would have to relocate to (harpoon, hatchet, net ect.)

Furthermore, please discuss your methods of using which ever your prefered tool is, as i have become failry interested in these items recently and the optimum uses of them.

:)

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

Many of the prototool transformations are worthless efficiency-wise (harpoon, knife, pick, axe, net) even with nearly no cashflow.

So I really can't see a volatile tool being worth it.

This; the fathering tools arn't worth it, although the knife is kinda useful.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

I would say that in order for it to be worth it, it would have to be closer to 3.0 or something in order to make up for all the time you would take just to get between training areas if you stuck true to the nature of the tool and followed along with every selection the tool makes.

8f14270694.jpg

I would say that in order for it to be worth it, it would have to be closer to 3.0 or something in order to make up for all the time you would take just to get between training areas if you stuck true to the nature of the tool and followed along with every selection the tool makes.

Volatile tool combined with an elite locator from MA, perhaps? :-k Would be an interesting way to train.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Haven't tried MA locator, but when I tried whole bagful of Volatile tools, then they were just very annoying even though I tried to maximise their usefulness. I will never use them again. I strongly recommend getting Morphic tools instead of Volatile.

Simply put, no. The time and effort of managing multiple tools/ moving around to different skills is far greater than the time and effort saved from a measly 0.2x xp multiplier.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Volatile is only worth it if you really want to use the tools for all the other skills where they're not worth it. Wait, contradiction much?

Nah it's not worth it, since more than 20% (the extra percentage of exp you gain) of the tools are not worth it.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Personally I don't use clay tools anymore whatsoever.

I also think they're overrated for certain skills. The only good ones are the ones which save you money, whether it's smithing/crafting etc. for skills like mining however, it's just pointless, cause by the time you get that clay pickaxe, you would have gained that extra mining exp anyway, had you been mining instead of playing a minigame.

If I did use them, however, I would go for the morphic one I think it is? The one which you can change into the tool you want. the 0.20 extra exp really is measly for a small chance of getting the tool you want, so I'd rather get the tool I want immediately without wasting any charges.

2vuhgcn.png

Yes, clay tools are only useful to cut down on the cost of supplies.

Well, I shouldn't say ONLY that, they can also serve a large amount of uses during quests and perhaps certain expeditions where you'll be away from the bank, but be near a large variety of resources, and don't want to carry all of creation just to make use of them.

Either way nobody's arguing that point.

8f14270694.jpg

Well, I shouldn't say ONLY that, they can also serve a large amount of uses during quests and perhaps certain expeditions where you'll be away from the bank, but be near a large variety of resources, and don't want to carry all of creation just to make use of them.

I'll second that. A proto-tool is invaluable for doing quests/diaries. It's pretty much all you need. The volatile tool doesn't do the same job.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Personally I don't use clay tools anymore whatsoever.

I also think they're overrated for certain skills. The only good ones are the ones which save you money, whether it's smithing/crafting etc. for skills like mining however, it's just pointless, cause by the time you get that clay pickaxe, you would have gained that extra mining exp anyway, had you been mining instead of playing a minigame.

If I did use them, however, I would go for the morphic one I think it is? The one which you can change into the tool you want. the 0.20 extra exp really is measly for a small chance of getting the tool you want, so I'd rather get the tool I want immediately without wasting any charges.

Well, I prefer playing stealing creation over mining (combat games that is), and I think I'm not the only one.

Nope, not worth it. You'll waste time and charges switching them around to what you need them to be, and even if you don't switch them it's simply not practical. Stick with morphic.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

its not worth it,if ur gunna use the tools,stay volatile(or the one that stays the same),but like sum1 stated,dont use the wc axe or the pick axe for mining,unless ur doing granite or ivy,its really not worth it otherwise,the knife,hammer and needle are great for craft/fletch/smith/con,saves u a ton of cash in the end

Mr_mad_nick.png

Mr_mad_nick.png

I just use them since I'd rather be planing SC then training con or smithing.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Hmm, using them as a quest item is an interesting idea, I never thought of that.

Anyway, to answer your question directly, I would say Volatiles are a huge waste of sc points. Personally I wouldn't like the headache of getting cut short in whatever I'm doing and have to do another skill.

construction2ktotalsign.png

Huge thanks to Eval Riz for the signature!

I just use them since I'd rather be planing SC then training con or smithing.

+1. Same thing applies to the BA horn and agility/mining/FMing.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Well, considering the only useful tool is hammer.

No.

sc needle is useful as well with d hide

In my opinion, the good ones are the fletching knife, hammer, and needle. They're all about reducing the resources you use up and generally saving you money for the same amount of xp. The pickaxe and hatchet are inferior to their dragon counterparts and the xp's slower in general, although it's more enjoyable to play SC then mine/cut a bit and repeat than constantly mine/cut. The butterfly net isn't even worth considering. If there was a volatile tool that only picked the knife, hammer or needle, I'd go for it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

In my opinion, the good ones are the fletching knife,

Fletchings so easy, just no.

I remember using fletching knives, they didnt last any time at all, and didnt really save me money because i was doing yew longs anyway.

Now if fletching knife could be somehow used to attach arrowheads....

hammer, and needle.

Yea, hammer and needle, forgot that.

O.O