Tri Slaying

Vulxai

i want to get into slaying a bit more, but so far I've only melee slayed, but I'd like to use the full combat triangle for Slayer.

Take in account: I have FSH, Cannon, verac's skirt, whip, rune defender, guthan's torso, dragon boots, barrows gloves, warriors ring, glory (and salve e), EE.

I don't have money to purcahse bandos, I only have about 11m in cash, and I'd rather not spend it all.

I don't have any dungeoneering rewards, nor enough points to purchase, nor enough enjoyment of dunge to get them.

I currently use Lapalok, until I can access Kuradel.

RANGE

1. What gear is HIGHLY recommended?

2. What are some of the best monsters to range?

MAGE

2. What are some of the best monsters to mage?

Thanks!

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

From what I hear void range gear is very good. Always use broad bolts on slayer tasks.

Use a Staff of Light while slayering, as the extra damage is useful, and it saves a couple of runes too. Unless your using slayer dart, I don't know if the sol can do that.

Now that focus sights are out, using a FSH is better than void. Use d'hide, karils, or arma, whichever you prefer. A ranging ammy is nice to have, barrow gloves, zammy book, snakeskin or ranger boots. I agree with broad bolts.

When I was ranging slayer I preferred rune darts most of the time. And when it was multi then I would use a combat familiar as well when possible.

If you need a bit more punch then you can switch to broads.

With the focus I would avoid void, but I used void back then because there was no focus yet.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

For mage slaying I use

Staff of Light

Infinty Boots

Battle Robe Set (Yes I Don't use FSH, although Ahrims + FSH is second best)

Barrows Gloves

God Cape

Zamorak Book

Arcane Stream Necklace

Seers Ring (Or Fero)

Retired Crew Member | Retired RuneScape Player

Mage: Arcane stream necklace, staff of light and ahrims + FSH are a must. Use the highest spell you can, I think that's fire wave for you.

You could mage: Iron and steel drags, abbysal demons, ice strykewyrms, and I guess basically anything else, but those are mostly maged because they have high melee/ranged defence, and allow youto break even or profit while maging, allthough that last point is a rubbish argument.

Range: Not much here, black dragonhide is good enough. Don't be noob and range in dragon boots. Use at least broad bolts, rune darts in kuradal's dungeon if you can (and if they're not too expensive).

Range low def monsters with darts (greaters, dusties, ...), high def monsters with broads (dark beasts, ...)

Range: Not much here, black dragonhide is good enough. Don't be noob and range in dragon boots. Use at least broad bolts, rune darts in kuradal's dungeon if you can (and if they're not too expensive).

Range low def monsters with darts (greaters, dusties, ...), high def monsters with broads (dark beasts, ...)

I've heard it's a bad idea to range dark beasts.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

A fury is highly recommended for melee, an arcane stream for mage, but I wouldn't grab for an amulet of ranging too soon. Your amulet will be one of two items providing prayer bonus when ranging (the other being the unholy book which I recommend getting). Use the 10% range prayer with fury and only switch to range amulet if you don't pray at all (which you shouldn't).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Its a bad idea to range/mage any monster besides ice strykes, just saying.

I know, but I need to raise my mage and range (as well as my melee), and figured Slayer would be a good way to mix it up.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Just slayer using melee and burst lobs and chin for mage/range.

I'm aiming to get about 90 range and mage, and I can't really afford Bursting or Chinning. I don't do money making, I just do some skilling, and spend some money on it, and my only really money maker is MTK. So I was thinkin with Slayer, I could use the entire triangle, so that way I level every aspect, while making some money on some tasks and not breaking my bank.

I'm aiming to get about 90 range and mage, and I can't really afford Bursting or Chinning. I don't do money making, I just do some skilling, and spend some money on it, and my only really money maker is MTK. So I was thinkin with Slayer, I could use the entire triangle, so that way I level every aspect, while making some money on some tasks and not breaking my bank.

You'd get more and faster xp if you meleed tasks and then use the 'saved' money on the real xp rewarding things like bursting :P Ranging tasks (let alone maging) is really really slower than melee'ing

You'd get more and faster xp if you meleed tasks and then use the 'saved' money on the real xp rewarding things like bursting :P Ranging tasks (let alone maging) is really really slower than melee'ing

Would I make enough to actually pay for 90 range and mage that way? It's about what...close to 3m xp I need each skill.

Would I make enough to actually pay for 90 range and mage that way? It's about what...close to 3m xp I need each skill.

I'm not sure about bursting but you'll sure make enough money for ranging, just a few whips and you're allready there. And then I'm not talking about all the enormous other amounts of money you can gain by other drops :P

(Avoiding the mass quotes, but it's on the above conversation)

Anyone know approximately how much it'd cost to gain about 3 - 3.5m mage xp bursting?

What about chinning in Ape Atoll?

I have to agree with them man, range slaying is slow and not very efficient. When training magic and range I always found it best to camp a monster its good on. And melee owns slayer. Slayer is very profitable when meleeing with good gear.

Few things to take into consideration.

Guthans + bunyip is nice, u can always sell guthans back so its not a loss.

Bring war tortoise to tasks where you kill dragons and bank all bones. It's really worth the three minute bank run.

Slayer helm. Get one get full if u decide to range and mage too.

You fan use piety to speed up tasks and most you will still profit on. I use it sparingly though..

Super sets all the time. Maybe not def potion if u don't want too.

Please Visit my Blog!

sig.jpg

- Experienced Monster Hunter - Forced Retirement Staker - Privite Chat is always ON -

1 Draconic Visage 26 Dragon Drops 1 GWD Drops 17 DK Drops 13 Coinshared Items

I have to agree with them man, range slaying is slow and not very efficient. When training magic and range I always found it best to camp a monster its good on. And melee owns slayer. Slayer is very profitable when meleeing with good gear.

Few things to take into consideration.

Guthans + bunyip is nice, u can always sell guthans back so its not a loss.

Bring war tortoise to tasks where you kill dragons and bank all bones. It's really worth the three minute bank run.

Slayer helm. Get one get full if u decide to range and mage too.

You fan use piety to speed up tasks and most you will still profit on. I use it sparingly though..

Super sets all the time. Maybe not def potion if u don't want too.

I use a bunyip and EE, seems to work for me.

I have a FSH

I don't usually use piety all the time, but I do here and there.

I use sup attacks and sup strengths (EE takes care of def).

RANGE

2. What are some of the best monsters to range?

I'm going to answer this without reading any comments. i'm 77 slayer and 95 range and i have gotten every one of my slayer levels with range.

1. there is a lot of gear but a rangers ammy should be used over a glory especially against monsters that use mage attacks. bss is a great investment for both range and mage (even melee). use full void on monsters under 130 combat if you don't have a full slayer helmet, but a full slayer helmet should be your first priority. verac skirt is perfect for monsters that don't range but it has low range defense so you should probably get dh or torag legs aswell. EXCALIBUR IS GODLY. enhanced is even better. you should rang pot most tasks at your discretion. also if you have a +7 or higher prayer bonus consider using the level 8 range boost and the level 1 defense boost for good measure. bring one ppot.

2. couldn't tell ya. if your under 80 range skip all metal drag tasks. a ton of tasks can be safe-spotted.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

Personally I slay using all three styles, I find it more fun, and adds variety.

Since your not asking for melee, I'll go ahead and tell you what I do for range/mage.

Range: Use rune darts on low def monsters, and espcially in kuradel's dungeon with a ferocious ring. One monster that comes to mind is greater demons, while you can also try it at gargoyles. For higher def monsters, use broad bolts (iron dragons)

I don't use range much outside of kuradels, except for nechraeyles (sp?), which you chin in chaos tunnels.

Mage: I use slayer dart in kuradels, and with ferocious ring + fsh + sol + stream, I can hit over 350s. You can also mage metals, and other monsters if you can find a safespot.

One important thing, if your serious at all about range/mage slaying, you gotta buy the autokill feature once you hit 75 mage, it's totally worth it.

Staurolite.png

Dusties are also great for ranging in the chaos tunnels. I always used rune darts for them. Bring a nice combat familiar and things go really fast. Full slayer helmet required of course!

Just maging stuff is fun. At one point I was iceblitzing hellhounds. Complete waste of GP, but still fun. People would stop frequently to ask what the cabbage I was doing.

Aberrant specters can also be maged nicely. I think you will even profit still. Basically you can mage anything except a few specific tasks such as waterfiends and dark beasts.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

I have to agree with them man, range slaying is slow and not very efficient. When training magic and range I always found it best to camp a monster its good on.

Disagree. It's obviously better to range, say, fire giants when you have a full slayer helm bonus. And lots of tasks in Kuradal's dungeon are very efficient to kill with knives or darts, plus you can chin the nechryael tasks. And of course the cannoning.

Anyway, don't forget that you'll need to invest part of your budget on a Zammy Spear for waterfiends.

I've actualy found ranging gargs, hells, greaters, and abby demons in kurdals with rune darts faster then meleeing them. Chinning nechs is another good option for a range task.

edit: troactid beat me too it >:(

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png