Minecraft General

demby123

Its a lot more fun if you put your main world on it, minecraft doesnt' really have any risk at the moment and this adds a sense of danger to your gameplay and forces you to play economically because things like diamonds are far harder to get hold of.

qTLQRuS.png

Question: Can you take a world and put it in another game mode?

If so, how so?

I know with SinglePlayerCommands you can.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

dijd4wb.png

Why isn't this water brake working?

Water brake? Looks like it's working. :razz:

Just finished this up today.

[hide=Roman styled Bathhouse]alpbathhouse.jpg

[/hide]

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

i expanded the town wall on the diamondseekers server and we could use more people to help build within the city. Feel free to invite your friends if you're willing to vouch for them.

Low_C.png

I still take damage when I fall through it.

Ah so it's supposed to cushion your fall.

I wouldn't know it's not working exactly, but I've noticed that a 1-block high water doesn't cushion in 1.8+. Perhaps that is affecting your water brake.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I still take damage when I fall through it.

Ah so it's supposed to cushion your fall.

I wouldn't know it's not working exactly, but I've noticed that a 1-block high water doesn't cushion in 1.8+. Perhaps that is affecting your water brake.

It's 2 blocks high. I dug out a block below it.

I thought your entire body had to pass through water for the falling speed to reset. I guess I can try it.

See, I think they changed that so 1 block can't do it anymore. I've died several times diving into 1 block deep water.

I like where this Roman-esque town is going. I finished the seaport and the Imports/Exports Office.

alpseaport.jpg

siggy3s.jpg

Have you tried placing another block of water below that one? I used to build water brakes with 2 blocks of water (or water pools 2 blocks high).

One thing you could do is set a water block on the top of your tower, get on it, bucket it, then ride the waterfall down.

That's incredibly slow though.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Have you tried placing another block of water below that one? I used to build water brakes with 2 blocks of water (or water pools 2 blocks high).

One thing you could do is set a water block on the top of your tower, get on it, bucket it, then ride the waterfall down.

That's incredibly slow though.

That, it's not permanent, and it'd destroy the tracks around it. Server's down anyway, so I can't test it. Smp behaves differently than single player, right?

Added mods to the server and turned on mobs, I hope to see more people on the server in the coming days. I'm going to leave the whitelist off for a few days to allow new people to come check us out and see what Diamondseekers is all about.

A full detailed update post is available on the Diamondseekers thread.

Low_C.png

Where/How do you keep coming up with this shit? It's beautiful.

I don't know, but I welcome the compliment. :grin:

Unfortunately, not long after I read this post my world was corrupted by the stupid mistake of leaving MCedit on while MC loaded the world. :wall:

I started over and already am bigger than before.

[hide=LotsO'Pics]

The Seaport Storage System A crane that moves alongside a rail, picks and drops crates/supplies from storage to the rail system.

alpseaportstorage.jpg

Oscar List's Shoppe A local bookstore.

slistshoppe.jpg

Central Metro Station

alpcentralstation.jpg

Main Hall of the Metro Station

alpcentralmetrostationu.jpg

Lower Hall of the Metro Station

alpcentralmetrostation.jpg

The overall view of the town built so far.

alpoverviewoct23.jpg

[/hide]

siggy3s.jpg