Minecraft General

demby123

I lol'd.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Hmm, so apparently potions are going to be added in 1.10 with lots of the ingredients found in the Nether. Opinions?

Oh, and finally my theoretical Nether base will have a use.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that my favorite thing to do in minecraft is to gather resources. I think I'm broken.

Seriously, I'll spend hours strip mining, but I get bored after 20 minutes of exploring and I get frustrated from building.

You're not alone. Although this picture took a couple of months to mine and was used to build our huge city. And I wasn't alone since it's on my server.

[hide]

2duw19t.png

[/hide]

Has anyone tried this? https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mojang.minecraftpe.demo&feature=search_result

I haven't used it to conect to a server or anything as i've never played minecraft before but it runs pretty smothely on my Nexus One.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Why do people play this game? My roommate plays Minecraft all the time, but it looks soo boring. Nothing ever really happens, and it looks quite uneventful. I know that people like the 'Building' aspect of it, but I'd honestly much prefer to make say... a lego tower than a tower in Minecraft.

Has anyone tried this? https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mojang.minecraftpe.demo&feature=search_result

I haven't used it to conect to a server or anything as i've never played minecraft before but it runs pretty smothely on my Nexus One.

I would download it but I don't have £4.29 on my phone. :(

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Why do people play this game? My roommate plays Minecraft all the time, but it looks soo boring. Nothing ever really happens, and it looks quite uneventful. I know that people like the 'Building' aspect of it, but I'd honestly much prefer to make say... a lego tower than a tower in Minecraft.

Oh, you're one of those.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Ha, I got the demo. It's pretty annoying to move around though, but I'm not used to touchscreen games.

Have you ever tried playing? Sure it looks boring, but when you're the one playing you have an entire sandbox to do anything you want. Once you come up with things to do, it's a nonstop adventure from there.

But if you watch then you'll never have the control to do what you want, thus, it would look boring.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Runs like crap, most phones on the market aren't ready for how demanding it is on resources.

But it's pretty neat. TBH I wouldn't pay for it yet until the tech meets where it should.

hzvjpwS.gif

Have you ever tried playing? Sure it looks boring, but when you're the one playing you have an entire sandbox to do anything you want. Once you come up with things to do, it's a nonstop adventure from there.

But if you watch then you'll never have the control to do what you want, thus, it would look boring.

Indeed. It's pretty much just like lego, but you will never spend half the day looking for that one piece you saw 30 times before you needed it.

I've had Minecraft for a really long time now and I still think it's very, very boring.

Indeed. It's pretty much just like lego, but you will never spend half the day looking for that one piece you saw 30 times before you needed it. And with an area that would take months to explore to build it in. And with creepers to defend it from, to show you've earned the right to play god in a sandbox earth. Because there is nobody to stop you from building an enormous castle, setting a diamond throne at the top of the highest tower, and gazing across a world that you created.

That metaphor may or may not have gotten away from me. You should try the game first. As Giordano says, it's quite a bit more fun to play it.

I'm not that quick to judge, but I've watched him play for 2 hours (me watching for all of the 2 hours) and the things that he found cool just seemed rather lame to me. I don't really want to go out and spend the money on a game that I don't thing I will like or even have time to invest in.

I'm not hating; I just don't really understand.

I know you're not hating, I understand why it would be weird. Even I had my doubts and for a while I hated myself for buying into this Minecraft craze without really trying first, but it was a gamble I won.

I don't think Minecraft has a demo neither...unless you want to try it by 'borrowing' it.

You could try the Free Creative Mode, but it's really boring compared to the actual Survival Mode game.

http://www.minecraft.net/classic/play

siggy3s.jpg

Runs like crap, most phones on the market aren't ready for how demanding it is on resources.

But it's pretty neat. TBH I wouldn't pay for it yet until the tech meets where it should.

Like I said it runs pretty good on my Nexus One and it's not exactly a brand new phone so all these dual core ones coming out should be able to run it decently. Just playing the demo version has almost convinced me to buy it for the PC, I just need to get the time to try out the Multiplayer mode first before I blow 15 on it.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I used MCEDIT and cloned a NPC village into the sky. :3

Just fixing up the edges to look more surreal then a square block floating up

Ahh, MCEdit. <3:

Whelp, since Notch decided to add Stone Bricks I'm not gonna replace all the cobblestone in my old InvEdit fortress and finish it. <_<

[hide=RIP Valich Fortress]

valichoverview.jpg[/hide]

siggy3s.jpg

Ahh, MCEdit. <3:

Whelp, since Notch decided to add Stone Bricks I'm not gonna replace all the cobblestone in my old InvEdit fortress and finish it. <_<

You know you can replace one type of block with another with MCEdit, right?

Ahh, MCEdit. <3:

You know you can replace one type of block with another with MCEdit, right?

AreYouKiddingMe.png

What.

I gotta try that then.

siggy3s.jpg

I've been stalking Minecraft videos since I started playing, and I finally saw something which excited me (no, not sexually). The new map by CaptainSparklez in collaboration with the VoxelBox has been released today. Tbh, it looks freakin' epic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf-ISg0G-JM&feature=player_embedded

dslogo1-1.png

I've tried this twice and haven't devoted enough resources personally to make it work and operate smoothly but i've recently obtained the things that made the previous attempts fail. A new computer so i have a dedicated server running 24/7, and a new mindset. My mindset this time around is to not try to do too much at once. I won't be offering a modded server this time, less upkeep if I provide a basic server with no cheating and with monsters turned off. Our first server ran like this and it was the best one in my opinion.

This time around I've registered a domain and a dns so i can post the server in the public with no worries. I hope to grow the forums into a nice place for our minecraft community to congregate as well as post our server progress and information.

www.diamondseekers.org

Server address: diamondseekers.dyndns.org

Port:25565

To join please register on our forums at www.diamondseekers.org and post in the whitelist application thread.

Low_C.png