Minecraft General

demby123

AtlantisDowntown.png

Start of the downtown district of Atlantis. 3 people working on it currently. I've built the 2 buildings on the left and did all the glass and digging. Only the glass and digging down below water was done using worldedit. Rest is creative block by block.

The server is open to all atm at diamondseekers.dyndns.org. To build you must be ranked by an admin.

Are there any indications as to where it is? I logged in to try to find it, but wasn't able to.

AtlantisDowntown.png

Start of the downtown district of Atlantis. 3 people working on it currently. I've built the 2 buildings on the left and did all the glass and digging. Only the glass and digging down below water was done using worldedit. Rest is creative block by block.

The server is open to all atm at diamondseekers.dyndns.org. To build you must be ranked by an admin.

Are there any indications as to where it is? I logged in to try to find it, but wasn't able to.

Behind spawn is KickButas house, he has tracks. The left track facing the buttons leads to an island. On the island there is a tall looking mountain with volcano in it. Jump in that volcano and youll find a train. Ride that train to Atlantis.

Low_C.png

Alpia: A Roman-esque City Download is available!

The city I've been working on these weeks is ready for a v.1 release. :mrgreen:

Very nice, though i have one question :

why does the arena have Gothic style arches? :P

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Alpia: A Roman-esque City Download is available!

The city I've been working on these weeks is ready for a v.1 release. :mrgreen:

Very nice, though i have one question :

why does the arena have Gothic style arches? :P

Did I say I dropped my architectural classes in school? :razz:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Name him Jerry and build a drowning trap to provIde him with delicious, delicious sacrifices.

Ohwait this isn't Dwarf Fortress. :P

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

It should really be around January according to his tweets. Heres a visual mock-up of what I want my villagers to do:

sx7YS.png

I also hope he adds whips incase the prisoners walk to slowly, I've already begun the building of my multilayer prisons.

qTLQRuS.png

oFT8E.png

In the initial stages of terraforming my adventure map.

It's images like this that make me want to get this game. >.<

What are your plans for it that you have in mind? Or just working as you go?

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

oFT8E.png

In the initial stages of terraforming my adventure map.

It's images like this that make me want to get this game. >.<

What are your plans for it that you have in mind? Or just working as you go?

I have since created a topsoil layer of grass,

d4Yc4.png

g3c1g.png

1VkP2.png

I am currently removing ores that managed to slip through my topsoil filter, but after that I plan to add massive rainforest-esque trees, some ruined castles and other abandoned things such as dwarven strongholds, dungeons and abandoned mines for the player to explore and loot. I have partially thought out how they will look, I'm aiming for about ten substantial structures for the player to explore.

Because of the nature of the map (massive open areas of darkness) there will be an increased number of mob spawns which will result in a very hard survival map which will be a lot more fun than vanilla minecraft. I can give the players a few objectives to do: for example

'complete all ten dungeons'

'produce a cobblestone factory'

'collect ten blocks of lapis lazuli'

'collect all ten hidden sponges'

'find the temple of the golden monkey'

'make a brick house'

qTLQRuS.png

I have made myself genuinely afraid of creepers when I play Minecraft. I modified the creeper so that it would be able to sense you without having to see you, and they would also be able to explode you even though you're behind a wall. And if they get stuck and you're close enough to take any damage at all, they'll explode. So simple. Yet so effective.

Here's the story. After making the mod I decide I'm going to do a flatland challenge. For those of you who don't know what that is - it's basically a challenge to survive on the superflat maps introduced in 1.1. The resources you have are basically whatever you can loot from villages. Here's the challenge's unique complication: superflat maps are essentially one layer of bedrock and three layers of dirt. That's it. So there are slimes freaking everywhere making your life difficult. Despite the grass very few animals spawn - just slimes.

But the scary part for me is that you have no caves to hide in. You only have the villager's houses. The way I modified the creepers means that those won't protect me for shit. If a creeper happens along, it'll detect me, try to get near me and when it can't, make a big hole in the wall letting the slimes and all manner of other baddies in. Not only that, but most houses aren't lit very well so creepers can very well spawn inside the houses as well. So when I emerge from the tallest tower of the town church in the morning, I could just be walking along minding my business fighting off slimes, next thing I know the wall next to me gets blown apart.

So there's constant hordes of slimes night and day, severe lack of resources feeling like a true struggle for survival, and to top it all off, suicide bombers that can go off when you least expect it. And I thought I would never find minecraft fun again.

Now that's the kind of creeper I need. The first real bunker I built would fare the best against them, seeing as the first floor is a solid obsidian cube with a layer of bedrock (for looks) acting as a facade. There are two doors (front and back), each with piston doors. Still, the way you designed your creeper I would want to install a second set of the doors. The front ones can handle a standard creeper (actually, a TNT block since that was easier to test with) against any point without failing, but not the back door.

That would also be a lot more fun for my current outpost, since the whole idea of that one would be that you keep falling back to the next line of defense (setting off traps as you retreat) as the creepers blow through the walls.

I wonder if they could also be modified to explode on contact with solid surfaces after say 20 seconds (I don't want them storming the whole thing before I can even think about falling back).

I could have a lot of fun with that.

I think what would be really fun is if all night mobs coordinated their efforts against the player. Like mobs forming squads, sending in creepers first, then swarming the base. Perhaps creepers and other mobs could even mount spiders to deal with tower dwelling adventurers?

I don't know if I could do it, but I know it would take a lot of time and I've got waaay too many games to play right now. The creeper mod took me a few hours.

There is something I could easily do to make the creepers even harder... currently they only aggro from 16 blocks away but I could easily change that to be as many blocks away as I wanted. Also I could make them detonate from more than 7 blocks away - but if I did that the ones in caves that can sense you would detonate themselves purely because they can't get at you. I suppose I could require them to be at or near the player's Y level.

Bottom line vanilla survival isn't hard or interesting enough. I'm glad to see in the next release they're making zombies (and hopefully other mobs) less stupid. As in they can pathfind around walls. Should make things a tad more interesting. Hopefully creepers don't just wander around when you go in your house and close the door as that will make things problematic for my "stuck" routine.