Minecraft General

demby123

Trying to get my Minecraft optimised for this tiny little laptop. I've been defragging the hard drive, it's gone on for about 4+ hours and I've put all the minecraft settings to get the best fps possible. Anything else I should do? When the update for 1.3.1 is released for Optifine I'll add that.

I kid you not: my FPS is 1! :(

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Defragging your harddrive won't do squat. Increase the RAM allocated to Java and see if that helps you.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/760904-java-heap-size-increase-ram-works/

(don't do 1g+ unless you have the extra RAM for it; remember your system needs ram too. I set mine from 512M to 768M and I have 2GB ram in my system, for example.)

hzvjpwS.gif

Defragging your harddrive won't do squat. Increase the RAM allocated to Java and see if that helps you.

http://www.minecraft...ease-ram-works/

(don't do 1g+ unless you have the extra RAM for it; remember your system needs ram too. I set mine from 512M to 768M and I have 2GB ram in my system, for example.)

Thanks. I defragged my hard drive because according to the thread on optimising on the minecraft forums, it can take up resources or something. Besides, I needed to anyway. :P

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Been working on my new city lately. It's the same concept as my old one, if anybody remembers, but lost the original file.

01cityoverviewfromhighw.jpg

02highwood.jpg

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'm so sad. Corruption on our map forced us to do a map wipe after the admins couldn't figure out a way to fix it. So the lead moderator recorded a tribute vid for it. I'm kinda excited for a new map but bummed, too. Meh.

We're going to be doing Vech's new superhostile map though within the next 15min or so, so that should be fun. I love doing CTM maps with the server.

hzvjpwS.gif

So I am messing around with redstone stuff, trying to make sense of it.

I found a youtube video with instruction on making a door.

Then a video on how to make "Super compact T flip flop" switch to close it from the inside.

I got the door up and running, but cannot for the life of me get the switch to work..

I have my switch to open the door a longer distance away than he does in the video, and I think using repeaters is screwing me somewhere...

Is it even possible to offer help without being in the world with me? =\

Nevermind.. Added more wiring it worked... So many wires in my 'yard'...

And now it doesn't work again.. I didn't change anything.. lol

This is incredibly frustrating. I'm going to bed.

I'll see if i can find someone to help tomorrow. Thanks.

35b9enp.jpg

we'd need to see what you're doing. But you could always run a hamachi server and then open up your single player world to LAN. Hamachi emulated a LAN connection over the internet so we could LAN connect to you with it over the internet.

Craftbukkit finally updated to 1.3, which my guild server was waiting on to start up. Now the guy only needs to start the server up. I have a couple of builds already planned for the server after I get myself situated, as we've all discussed it and decided we'll be doing a pure survival thing, it's more fun to build things in survival anyway.

My two build ideas are enhasa from chrono trigger, but I might go and do all the zeal. And then the hero's grave which I think I might decide to do the entire town as well, put up a wall around the town, get some villagers, and make it my second home, as I plan to live in enhasa. I'll post pictures when I complete them, but that'll be awhile.

Giordano, if you're talking about Alpia, I still have it if you want.

You do?! I would be forever grateful if you can upload it and link it to me. I really miss it, and it'll help me remember some of the architectural designs I had.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It worked! Thanks a ton Dizzle, this helps me so much! You have my eternal gratitude.

siggy3s.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Been playing rather a lot of the Xbox 360 edition. Looking forward to the 1.8 update for it. It's an awful lot of fun playing with friends, compared to having to play solo because of bad internet on the PC.

It's rather fun as well to just play it for the sake of playing it and thinking of ideas as you go rather than go in with a plan. Leads to better ideas I find.

I'm rambling.

-Random Youtuber

It's a shame the 1.8.2 update's going to be a while off ("weeks" still, as of this week just gone). It puts into perspective further still the claim 4J made that the Xbox version would eventually catch-up to the PC version. The 1.7 update took longer than they expected and this has taken even longer, relative to the time taken to update the PC version. At least the next update after 1.8 will take us straight into the released version.

I find that when building stuff, it's better to build the essentials first. In other words, build what the building is actually for. So if it's a house, build the floor space and add the furniture, and then build the walls/remove all the dirt around it because you ended up building into a hill. You wouldn't do it in real life for obvious reasons, but there aren't any thieves on MineCraft, and the rain doesn't cause wooden things to rot either.

Playing with friends is fun so long as people are reading off the same page. You can have half the people trying to build stuff that they want saving, and the other griefing each other because they're not expecting the game to be saved.

What's your XBL gamertag btw?

Gamertag is NBL Pancake (with the capitalisation like it is there).

Building with friends is great when you (for instance) make a house in the middle of the ocean and think...wouldn't a moat of fiery death and cacti be great? And then afterwards...what about a retractable drawbridge? So much fun.

As far as I can see, aside from updated Mob AI, ocelots, iron golems and trading, we aren't really missing much on the xbox, at least after the official release update.

-Random Youtuber

I only want stone bricks... :cry:

Enchanting is the funny one. They've already confirmed experience will eventually be in the Xbox version, but they've refused to confirm enchanting... the [bleep] is it for then?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't experience added before enchanting anyway?

-Random Youtuber

MCWiki says you're right--experience was 1.8 Beta and enchanting was 1.9pre4. It's more that 4J have some discretion in what gets added to the 360 version, so they could refuse to put enchanting in at all if they decided it was unreasonable to do so. It's not as simple as Mojang saying, "You will put this in, or else get lost and give us our money back"; 4J have already said they're not copying the PC version verbatim and will be adding their own twists. After a lot of prodding, 4J haven't confirmed enchanting will end up being in the 1.2.3 proper update, which seems a bit strange when they've said experience will.

Since they are adding experience I'd imagine they will. It'd be kind of pointless otherwise.

-Random Youtuber

I finally built an epic sized sandstone pyramid, one of the first things that you think of when playing the game but the resource amount is just so daunting. Decided to checkerboard it with torches, which after the first few thousand I figured out was not really worth it. It was actually the second great pyramid I made, the first one took a lot longer to build but easier to get resources. Basically I built a pyramid from cobblestone and dirt, checkerboarded. Then I went through and got rid of all the dirt. It looks pretty awesome.

360 version, so no creative mode or scripts to cheat with :)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

How big is....epic sized? :P

-Random Youtuber

How big is....epic sized? :P

Well I am sure people have built bigger, so epic sized is probably not the right term. It is from the sky limit down to a few under sea level in some spots, bottom probably averages at around 5 above sea level though (I went with the terrain). Since it's the 360 version I think the sky limit is layer 127.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg